ADVERTISEMENT

Give me the Widdie Boyz

Last check Dinwiddie was at 1,134 for total enrollment. Slightly below 900 for adm
And that’s a little misleading. But it’s also relative, because almost all schools have the same situation. Because of the option for some kind of hybrid program that give an option for home based learning, plus the alternative school that a considerable number of kids attend, (and the alternative school is for kids with a lot of various needs, not exclusively behavior based), the actual number of kids that walk the halls of the high school is notably less than the ADM. But again, this is probably true across all schools across the state.

A factor that is going to reduce the ADM going forward is home schooling, and private school options. Home schooling is becoming a very viable option these days as the experience and resources for home schooling continue to improve. And private schools are busting at the seams. With the displeasure with public education, private education options will attract more and more families. The only thing that will slow that option is the cost of attendance.

About the Maury game, like Bleeding Navy said, we may not win, but we will not quit!

I have no clue what the final result will be, but I certainly believe Dinwiddie will make a sound effort. If the Generals lose we will demonstrate our class by owning it, we will give Maury the props they deserve, learn from it and move on to Hopewell. Obviously, Coach Mills and our AD are preparing this young team for something. In the grand scheme of things this game will only help us with the teams we will face ahead. Hopefully, we will fulfill our philosophy and "Find a way"!

Who is Dinwiddie played AND BEAT that makes you say?! I promise you…GW isn’t Maury or HS! Maury & HS are on the same level as that team from OH that whooped Dinwiddie.
Until I see HS with all 5 OLineman standing 6’3+ and weighing 290+ they won’t be on the same level as Glenville. Dinwiddie won’t see an OLine the size of Glenville again this year. DLine wise Maury mirrors Glenville to a T with the End guys but up the middle Glenville was a tad bit bigger.

Until I see HS with all 5 OLineman standing 6’3+ and weighing 290+ they won’t be on the same level as Glenville. Dinwiddie won’t see an OLine the size of Glenville again this year. DLine wise Maury mirrors Glenville to a T with the End guys but up the middle Glenville was a tad bit bigger.
Honestly I think they were 325 each... they were huge. Not fat guys either 6'5 325 with a decent build

Dinwiddie finally felt what it is like to be overpowered... at least you had to go all the way to Ohio To feel it and it wasn't the next town over :).
I don't know @mbonape1, King George knocked heads with us last year play for play. They were much bigger than we were. Everybody always thinks Dinwiddie is big. Last year's line was very small. Lt 345 (rarity), lg 210, c 200, rg 250, rt 230. This year's line is about the same minus our 345 pound left tackle. We don't over power teams. We block very well, play fast, and run right at you. Coach Mills and his staff have always had undersized lines. Same with the d line. We may have one or two big boys, but fantastic coaching, blocking technique/schemes and persistence is the Generals calling card.

Last edited:
Here we go with you finding things per usual but while you at it find the video of the HS players saying F Maury after they break they huddle during warm ups
2-5 against the 804 (2-6 if you count Highland Springs beating that azz in basketball).

Springer and Phoebus fans can't possibly believe another team can compete with Maury just because THEIR teams got stomped out. That's all it is. NO WAY any other team is on their level so if they lose that must mean everyone else must get blown out. It was a monster quarter but Glenville literally only scored in the 2nd quarter. Since you all love moral victories when it comes to your teams, it looks like a YOUNG Dinwiddie team just had one bad mistake filled quarter but otherwise played a clean game against a team that would be number 1,2 or 3 easily in VA. Will they beat Maury, probably not, but Dinwiddie DOES have the best player on field in Dalton and a couple of other all state guys from last years team.
You’re too emotional lol. It has nothing to do with Maury’s play against Phoebus or HSHS. I’m talking the matchup between Maury and Dinwiddie only…Maury just has way more talent in my opinion. Dalton is a beast but Maury will have the best players on the field with Ari Watford and Fred Johnson. Unbiased opinion I have no dog in the fight. Good luck to both teams.

I have no clue what the final result will be, but I certainly believe Dinwiddie will make a sound effort. If the Generals lose we will demonstrate our class by owning it, we will give Maury the props they deserve, learn from it and move on to Hopewell. Obviously, Coach Mills and our AD are preparing this young team for something. In the grand scheme of things this game will only help us with the teams we will face ahead. Hopefully, we will fulfill our philosophy and "Find a way"!
Can’t do nothing but respect this post 🫡

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Actually if you wanna count basketball 5-6 we've beat JM in 18 and beat bird and varina om the way to a state championship in 19. So Friday we'll even that up
We own y’all. Count Varina beating y’all’s best team the past two years too 😂 sent Kings Fork back 460 crying.

Ok 757 and Maury fans we look forward to your visit to Dinwiddie County on Friday. We will attempt to be as hospitable as possible on and off the field. Please plan to arrive early as you will be waiting in a long line to park if you show up later than 30 minutes before game time. Also watch your speed on 85 South, US Route 1 South and Courthouse Road.

Since @Agibbs757 and @BoKnowsSports are taking a few friendly jabs at one another I thought I would bring a little 757 vs. Dinwiddie history to light. Dinwiddie first season was in 1965 and they played their first 757 opponent Cape Charles and were dusted by a score of 59-0. The Generals next game against 757 team occurred in 1979 (Norfolk Catholic). Dinwiddie's overall record against the 757 is 25-11 and they are 8-5 against the 757 in the playoffs. Warwick and Kellam are the only two 757 teams who have beaten the Generals at home in the regular season and Phoebus is the only 757 team to defeat Dinwiddie at home in the playoffs.

Dinwiddie's Record against the 757 by team:

Cape Charles 0-1
Norfolk Catholic 1-0
Norcom 2-0, 2-0 playoffs
Warwick 6-1, 1-0 playoffs
Lake Taylor 2-2, 2-2 playoffs
Kellum 0-2
Kempsville 0-1
Heritage NN 1-1, 1-1 playoffs
Phoebus 0-3, 0-2 playoffs
Poquoson 2-0
Lafayette 1-0, 1-0 playoffs
Smithfield 2-0
Jamestown 3-0, 1-0 playoffs
Denbigh 3-0
Maury 2-0

As you can tell Dinwiddie has played and defeated some good and not so good teams from the 757. Realistically speaking the General fans know it's going to be a difficult task to defeat a rock solid, Maury Commodore team. There are some statistics that certainly favor our young men. One being Coach Billy Mills record of 14-4 coming off a bye week. He has only one loss since realignment in 2013. For the record, the two victories over Maury occurred in the early 80's. I couldn't resist the temptation of saving it until the end. 😂 Safe travels to the Maury faithful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agibbs757
Ok 757 and Maury fans we look forward to your visit to Dinwiddie County on Friday. We will attempt to be as hospitable as possible on and off the field. Please plan to arrive early as you will be waiting in a long line to park if you show up later than 30 minutes before game time. Also watch your speed on 85 South, US Route 1 South and Courthouse Road.

Since @Agibbs757 and @BoKnowsSports are taking a few friendly jabs at one another I thought I would bring a little 757 vs. Dinwiddie history to light. Dinwiddie first season was in 1965 and they played their first 757 opponent Cape Charles and were dusted by a score of 59-0. The Generals next game against 757 team occurred in 1979 (Norfolk Catholic). Dinwiddie's overall record against the 757 is 25-11 and they are 8-5 against the 757 in the playoffs. Warwick and Kellam are the only two 757 teams who have beaten the Generals at home in the regular season and Phoebus is the only 757 team to defeat Dinwiddie at home in the playoffs.

Dinwiddie's Record against the 757 by team:

Cape Charles 0-1
Norfolk Catholic 1-0
Norcom 2-0, 2-0 playoffs
Warwick 6-1, 1-0 playoffs
Lake Taylor 2-2, 2-2 playoffs
Kellum 0-2
Kempsville 0-1
Heritage NN 1-1, 1-1 playoffs
Phoebus 0-3, 0-2 playoffs
Poquoson 2-0
Lafayette 1-0, 1-0 playoffs
Smithfield 2-0
Jamestown 3-0, 1-0 playoffs
Denbigh 3-0
Maury 2-0

As you can tell Dinwiddie has played and defeated some good and not so good teams from the 757. Realistically speaking the General fans know it's going to be a difficult task to defeat a rock solid, Maury Commodore team. There are some statistics that certainly favor our young men. One being Coach Billy Mills record of 14-4 coming off a bye week. He has only one loss since realignment in 2013. For the record, the two victories over Maury occurred in the early 80's. I couldn't resist the temptation of saving it until the end. 😂 Safe travels to the Maury faithful.
Not counting anything before I was born so to me we 0-0. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: awjones1978
@Agibbs757, did you really think the 2-0 record against Maury in the 80's meant anything? You young fellows really need to take a class in wit. Maury and Dinwiddie have no history to speak of yet the "Facebook rhetoric begins". You seem to be the Commodores spokesman. Other than repeatedly being told Maury is an All-star rent a team please tell us why you
think Commodores are going to shred the Generals? I am not interested in emoticons or talk of "smoke". Give me your best analysis.

Butler's ranked #45!? I don't know about that 🤔😂.

I was just giving y'all shit. Was wondering how long it'd take for someone to call it out. I looked up Mudville. They look alright.

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
@Agibbs757, did you really think the 2-0 record against Maury in the 80's meant anything? You young fellows really need to take a class in wit. Maury and Dinwiddie have no history to speak of yet the "Facebook rhetoric begins". You seem to be the Commodores spokesman. Other than repeatedly being told Maury is an All-star rent a team please tell us why you
think Commodores are going to shred the Generals? I am not interested in emoticons or talk of "smoke". Give me your best analysis.
Oh I can make that easy to say Defense. I believe Maury's Defense will contain Dalton in the pocket forcing Dinwiddie in to a passing game where maurys secondary will shut anything in the air and just make it a long night. And I'm just not sold on Dinwiddie Defense especially against quality teams. Also I'm a graduate of Maury literally was classmates with most of the coaches so yes imma support hard.

Oh I can make that easy to say Defense. I believe Maury's Defense will contain Dalton in the pocket forcing Dinwiddie in to a passing game where maurys secondary will shut anything in the air and just make it a long night. And I'm just not sold on Dinwiddie Defense especially against quality teams. Also I'm a graduate of Maury literally was classmates with most of the coaches so yes imma support hard.
@Agibbs757, now that's a fair take and well thought out. I respect posters who "support hard" and even talk trash to point, but I really enjoy to see others analysis. Good job sir. No hard feelings from me.

Now, let me take on your points:
1. I understand why teams say we are going to make the quarterback beat us with his arm. We have heard this so many times in the last 15 years. Dinwiddie is going to attempt to run the ball whether they have success or not. As good as the Maury defense is If they load the box we will break a few. The Commodores db's are good and the d line gets penetration, so the Generals are going to have to throw quick passes and use Maury's pressure against them. Dalton is not our only weapon.

2. The Dinwiddie defense. People always question our defense. I get it we are small and don't have the studs most teams do, but for some reason they bend, but don't break. We didn't offer any excuses regarding Glenville giving our totally rebuilt defense fits. Coach Mills went back to work and fixed some things. Our young boys have matured a lot since Canton. I know GW Danville isn't Maury, but they held them to 30 yards of total offense. North Stafford didn't fare much better. Number 18 in the middle is a disrupter don't over look him. Maury's big QB and running back rotation admittedly gives me concerns.

On paper this is Maury's game to lose. A lot of teams have come to Dinwiddie with similar expectations and went home with an L. The Generals will be ready and hopefully the stars align for us. Either way both teams will live to play another day.

Last edited:
What best team from 757 did Varina beat past two years? Really hope you’re not talking about Indian River being one of them
Varina beat King’s Fork in basketball. Whipped them with George Beale and this past year. KF’s was hands down the best 75 team and probably team in the state (not named John Marshall) the past two years.

What best team from 757 did Varina beat past two years? Really hope you’re not talking about Indian River being one of them
One game that shocked me was when Varina crushed Lake Taylor in 2019-2020 56-7 or something. I think it was 45-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. Was shocking bc I think LT won the class 4 title that year and was a really good team on the class 4 level. I actually think that Varina team was the best they ever had. Ironically, Maury then beat Varina in the state championship 17-14 so I suppose 757 had the last laugh. I'd lean to Maury being the best team in the state this year so far. I think we can look at Freedom as a potential challenger to that notion. Dinwiddie has an opportunity to thwart that theory this weekend. Let's see what happens. Prediction time for me. I will take Maury 28-17. If Dinwiddie can figure out how to do a little ball control that may change things. Question for the Maury faithful - Maury has fielded several state contender quality teams, I get the sense that you believe this is the best Maury team thus far. Fact or fiction?

One game that shocked me was when Varina crushed Lake Taylor in 2019-2020 56-7 or something. I think it was 45-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. Was shocking bc I think LT won the class 4 title that year and was a really good team on the class 4 level. I actually think that Varina team was the best they ever had. Ironically, Maury then beat Varina in the state championship 17-14 so I suppose 757 had the last laugh. I'd lean to Maury being the best team in the state this year so far. I think we can look at Freedom as a potential challenger to that notion. Dinwiddie has an opportunity to thwart that theory this weekend. Let's see what happens. Prediction time for me. I will take Maury 28-17. If Dinwiddie can figure out how to do a little ball control that may change things. Question for the Maury faithful - Maury has fielded several state contender quality teams, I get the sense that you believe this is the best Maury team thus far. Fact or fiction?
Add that to the azz whippins 😂 but nahh I was shocked too. LT won the state championship that year and it showed just how special that Varina team was when they didn’t turn the ball over. Maury sent Varina home in both state semifinals that year (football and basketball). Both Varina teams were loaded but Maury had two very special teams as well. That basketball game between Varina and Maury at Norview was one of the best games I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Agibbs757
Add that to the azz whippins 😂 but nahh I was shocked too. LT won the state championship that year and it showed just how special that Varina team was when they didn’t turn the ball over. Maury sent Varina home in both state semifinals that year (football and basketball). Both Varina teams were loaded but Maury had two very special teams as well. That basketball game between Varina and Maury at Norview was one of the best games I’ve ever seen.
Yes I was at both the basketball and football maury varina games but that basketball one maury defense and strategy had varina in so many shambles like every player coach fan was frustrated

This here is probably the most talented team they've had but best ever needs to see Final results but this team will be trending in a good direction if they complete the 3 game out of district everything else is gonna be 21+ and that's being nice

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT