ADVERTISEMENT

Give me the Widdie Boyz

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Let’s go ahead and start the thread now. Dinwiddie starts a new win streak over the 757 next Friday night.

Should be a good one. I feel Dinwiddie will be able to score more than HSHS but I'm not sure how the defense will hold up. Probably 30-24 Maury. BUT go Generals. I believe Coach Mills will be 100% ready after playing a team like Glenville.

• Haha
Reactions: HooSprings
Good point @Phoebus Fan. I was thinking the same thing (not 17+) with the physical backs they have. Navy Nation can hope though. We have surprised teams before. I never say never at home. Praying for a lot more of this rain. Lol.

Widdie will be packed out, Dalton has a week’s rest, and Dinwiddie isn’t Highland Springs. Much better team.

• Haha
Reactions: HooSprings
Widdie will be packed out, Dalton has a week’s rest, and Dinwiddie isn’t Highland Springs. Much better team.
I don’t see either team having a lot of success between the tackles. If either team can isolate a ball carrier one on one on the outside, a missed tackle will likely mean a touchdown.

If Maury decides to cheat up and pack the box, and Harry can see the short open receiver, and get the ball to him, it could change everything that Mauray has to do to stop our offense.

Mauray has got some big old boys. But Dinwiddie has got some fast old boys. This ought to be one of the most exciting games of the regular season.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Your predictions have been way off all year. Maury is probably the better team, but running clock at half is crazy.
With the exception of the running back size Maury is built just like the team from Ohio! They are the first team I’ve seen that’s bigger and faster than Highland Springs. The team was recruited, and put together for a purpose. A little reality check….. Dalton won’t be the best athlete on the field when you play Maury

Btw…If you look at the pic’s leaderboard, I’m right there near the top!

Maury is the better team and if they get a running clock so be it. I can't remember the last time it happened, but I guess it could. Mad respect for Maury they stayed focused and beat the self proclaimed best team in the state. @HooSprings, what did I tell you about that leaky run defense.

Maury is the better team and if they get a running clock so be it. I can't remember the last time it happened, but I guess it could. Mad respect for Maury they stayed focused and beat the self proclaimed best team in the state. @HooSprings, what did I tell you about that leaky run defense.
The run defense was not the problem(although that quarterback is a load to bring
Down because he’s as big but faster than Martin).The problem was the secondary early confusion covering the 4 to one side WR set. I refuse to make excuses because our secondary played so well in the second half, but we were missing two of our best DBs which are both of our power RBs. Not having Noah Jenkins, who is committed to Vtech and Eli who has an offer from the Naval Academy,in my opinion, caused early confusion, but I refuse to say that’s why we lost. We lost because of late lack of getting plays done by our best overall player. I can also say, I think we have trouble accepting success. I Truly believe the win in Florida went to our heads. If Johnson can’t fix it by the end of the year, we won’t make it out of the region.

I will go with Maury, but won't go as far as a running clock. That seems extreme.

Reactions: Kangarew113
Maury by 17+

Could very much be like the Glenville game honestly. Maury recruited one hell of a team to add to what they already had.

BN, you are correct with the leaky run defense. They've got some leaks in the pass defense too. Also, HS's ball carriers need to learn how to protect the ball (in their own hands). Over the 3 games there have been quite a few fumbles, dropped passes and unable to handle snaps from center. In my own mind, I was a believer that this year's team might be as good, if not better than last year's team.... So far, it's not even close! Don't get me wrong, I love my Springers, but they are terribly sloppy at this stage of the game!

Highland Springs wouldn’t beat Dinwiddie 🤷🏻‍♂️ this game will be closer than most predict.
There’s a reason why HS is STILL a UNANIMOUS #1 in RVA! 9 out of 10 times HS wins over ANY team in Richmond!

@springer76 I am very supportive of HSHS football and 804 in general. It just drives me crazy when people come out and try to deflect. Facts or not, was there any need to come out and say Dinwiddie is going to be slaughtered ruled or Dalton is not going to be the best player on the field. Not once has a Dinwiddie fan dogged the Springers. Our adm is around 900 right now and we are still playing with the big boys. People may not realize this, but Mills has taken Dinwiddie to the final four times and Dinwiddie has played in 5 total. Not bad for a school who plays with what they have.

Highland Springs wouldn’t beat Dinwiddie 🤷🏻‍♂️ this game will be closer than most predict.
Who is Dinwiddie played AND BEAT that makes you say?! I promise you…GW isn’t Maury or HS! Maury & HS are on the same level as that team from OH that whooped Dinwiddie.

@HooSprings now you are going too far… Glenville would have crushed Springs as well. That was an ALL STAR team for real for real.
I say that based on Miramar still being ranked ahead of Glenville nationally. Glenville is ranked(170)in top 300 nationally.

Last edited:
I say that based on Miramar still being ranked ahead of Glenville nationally. Glenville is ranked(170)in top 300 nationally.
I will agree with you that of all the teams I have seen so far this year "in VA" Maury looked different in terms of firepower and size. However, I don't think any public school in VA could stay within three scores of Glenville. I don't know if Mirimar would be a top 10 team in VA. Maybe they would be but I don't think top 5. Without those fumbles Springs would have been in the game a little more against Maury. If I go by the eyeball test though, Maury looked to be a different level this year. I am openly against public high school all star teams but I realize that you won't win a state title without doing so from here on out.

Come on @HooSprings. I know a loss will make you salty, but you sound like a bully that finally got punched in the mouth. Both Maury and HSHS should always beat Dinwiddie decidedly. You both have unlimited access to the best players in your areas (Chesapeake and Henrico). Is dominating a Class 4 (really class 3) team something to thump your chest over? Wouldn't it be funny if little old Dinwiddie could somehow pull off an upset and unseat the Springers as the #1 team in Richmond.

Who is Dinwiddie played AND BEAT that makes you say?! I promise you…GW isn’t Maury or HS! Maury & HS are on the same level as that team from OH that whooped Dinwiddie.
Little old Powhatan has Manchester on the ropes the other night. Same team that Springers struggled mightily to stop.

These posts are hilarious. We celebrate some teams that are loaded and put down others as doing it the wrong way. I'm not on social media, so maybe I'm missing the smoking gun evidence, but it seems that any loaded team that isn't supported by many of the posters here, that team must be recruiting. Besides maybe Dinwiddie (because of their location), which top schools in the state are not getting transfers? As long as they are doing it by the rules, that's the age we live in.

Come on @HooSprings. I know a loss will make you salty, but you sound like a bully that finally got punched in the mouth. Both Maury and HSHS should always beat Dinwiddie decidedly. You both have unlimited access to the best players in your areas (Chesapeake and Henrico). Is dominating a Class 4 (really class 3) team something to thump your chest over? Wouldn't it be funny if little old Dinwiddie could somehow pull off an upset and unseat the Springers as the #1 team in Richmond.

Maury is within Norfolk, not Chesapeake.

Maury is within Norfolk, not Chesapeake.
@WP02alum you are correct sir. I got confused when I read about their stud transfer from Churchland. @CavsGrad I am not implying anyone is cheating. I just do not think someone should come on here thumping their chest about how good they are when they have open admission at their disposal. Highland Springs has a great program and Johnson is a very good coach thus he gets to pick and choose who he takes into his program. I don't deny that it is a legal luxury. Same thing goes for Maury. Watch the pod cast with the Maury coaches. They acknowledged being an all-star team, but clearly denied recruiting. Can't fault them for playing by the rules and as @mbonape1 said you are going to need to do it to compete at the higher levels.

@WP02alum you are correct sir. I got confused when I read about their stud transfer from Churchland. @CavsGrad I am not implying anyone is cheating. I just do not think someone should come on here thumping their chest about how good they are when they have open admission at their disposal. Highland Springs has a great program and Johnson is a very good coach thus he gets to pick and choose who he takes into his program. I don't deny that it is a legal luxury. Same thing goes for Maury. Watch the pod cast with the Maury coaches. They acknowledged being an all-star team, but clearly denied recruiting. Can't fault them for playing by the rules and as @mbonape1 said you are going to need to do it to compete at the higher levels.
Agreed. I think I watched the same podcast and enjoyed it.

On a side note, I was planning on making the trip to Dinwiddie for the Maury game, but had to change plans because or my kids' schedules. Hope that I catch a game this season, and if do, I'll stop by the booth to say hello again.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Haha, but Churchland is within Portsmouth, not Chesapeake. I'm just busting your balls.

Man, I am sick as a dog right now and trying to manage my parents affairs. Responding on preps for some normalcy. Damn I am pitiful.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
If Dinwiddie didn’t have a running clock in Ohio, Maury dang sure won’t beat them by running clock.

If Dinwiddie didn’t have a running clock in Ohio, Maury dang sure won’t beat them by running clock.
Springer and Phoebus fans can't possibly believe another team can compete with Maury just because THEIR teams got stomped out. That's all it is. NO WAY any other team is on their level so if they lose that must mean everyone else must get blown out. It was a monster quarter but Glenville literally only scored in the 2nd quarter. Since you all love moral victories when it comes to your teams, it looks like a YOUNG Dinwiddie team just had one bad mistake filled quarter but otherwise played a clean game against a team that would be number 1,2 or 3 easily in VA. Will they beat Maury, probably not, but Dinwiddie DOES have the best player on field in Dalton and a couple of other all state guys from last years team.

Dinwiddie will be ready. They are going to come out and punch Maury in the mouth like they do all the teams they face in their stadium. Maury has more star power but it’s hard as hell to beat Dinwiddie at home. None of that home cooking stuff either. Dinwiddie is one of the last programs that plays for their community and have pride. Maury had 2-3 Four Stars but Dinwiddie has Dalton. They’re gonna compete with any team in the state as long as he’s on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT