ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar Galax

intrinsicreward

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 4, 2015
Galax is a legit contender. Skill positions are all really good, especially for 1A. Dixon gets the most out of everyone on the team. I was especially impressed by the passing, running and the decision making of the QB. He was the difference down the stretch drive for the go ahead TD. He was able to convert a couple of 3rd and longs with his feet and threw a strike downfield while simultaneously getting hit pretty good.

Galax dominated at the line and shut down Glenvar's run early so Glenvar went to the pass. It was nice to see a pretty good passing game with an inexperienced QB and he will only get better. That forced Galax back on their heels and finally opened up the running game which got Glenvar back in the game and in the lead. Both teams dominated in stretches which showed the tenacity and determination on both sides to come back.

This game could have gone either way like many before, but it was a great, well played game overall. Congratulations to both teams.

Galax is a legit contender. Skill positions are all really good, especially for 1A. Dixon gets the most out of everyone on the team. I was especially impressed by the passing, running and the decision making of the QB. He was the difference down the stretch drive for the go ahead TD. He was able to convert a couple of 3rd and longs with his feet and threw a strike downfield while simultaneously getting hit pretty good.

Galax dominated at the line and shut down Glenvar's run early so Glenvar went to the pass. It was nice to see a pretty good passing game with an inexperienced QB and he will only get better. That forced Galax back on their heels and finally opened up the running game which got Glenvar back in the game and in the lead. Both teams dominated in stretches which showed the tenacity and determination on both sides to come back.

This game could have gone either way like many before, but it was a great, well played game overall. Congratulations to both teams.
It was a very hard fought game on both sides. As someone posted in another thread a lot of hard hits although neither side got chippy. I think it is a very good series for both teams, always a good game.
I was afraid we was going to run out of players there for a moment. Starting wide out and offense defensive tackle out after first series of second half, and then losing starting RB half way through the 3rd. That's tough on a single A school. Cramps was a issue on both sides, people don't realize about a turf field is it is 10 to 12 degrees hotter on that field than in the stands.

Congratulations on the field and nice band. Good to see a band with big numbers like that still.

Galax is the real deal this year and will be the best chance of Riverheads losing since Galax last won it. 2019 is the West's best chance in a while. Injuries happen and the season has to be played and things change, but Galax and Riverheads are on a collision course and it will be Galax's best team since they won the title.

Galax is the real deal this year and will be the best chance of Riverheads losing since Galax last won it. 2019 is the West's best chance in a while. Injuries happen and the season has to be played and things change, but Galax and Riverheads are on a collision course and it will be Galax's best team since they won the title.
All Galax teams have had a few outstanding athletes over the years, but I noticed this years team has more of them so you can't just focus on one or two Galax QB is also the best passer in memory.

It was a very hard fought game on both sides. As someone posted in another thread a lot of hard hits although neither side got chippy. I think it is a very good series for both teams, always a good game.
I was afraid we was going to run out of players there for a moment. Starting wide out and offense defensive tackle out after first series of second half, and then losing starting RB half way through the 3rd. That's tough on a single A school. Cramps was a issue on both sides, people don't realize about a turf field is it is 10 to 12 degrees hotter on that field than in the stands.

Congratulations on the field and nice band. Good to see a band with big numbers like that still.
Thanks for shouting out for a Marching Band!!! We appreciate support! At Clarke's game last night, I'd say 95% of the crowd we had stayed in their seats to watch the band perform. It was awesome!

Reactions: Optimal62
Thanks for shouting out for a Marching Band!!! We appreciate support! At Clarke's game last night, I'd say 95% of the crowd we had stayed in their seats to watch the band perform. It was awesome!
It is hard to imagine an exciting game without a good band in the stands and on the field. The successful programs in my area all have great bands. One feeds the other where the parts are greater than the whole and which get the studentbody involved.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT