ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Preps

DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
Hello all,
Just wanted to let you all know I'm leaving Preps as a regular poster, but will keep my account active to post info from time to time about issues pertaining to my new job.

Unfortunately I'm leaving my job at LTMS and thus leaving my job coaching at LT. I have been with the LT program since 2004 and went through the process of getting the program to where it is today one of the top programs in the state of VA. Coach Sawyer has been great throughout this process and very supportive. It was his idea for me to go after this new endevour.

I will be leading my own program as the new AD at Churchland HS and look forward to working with the student atheletes at my new school. It's going to be a tough job but one that I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting after.

To everyone up here keep the spirited debates going and keep Preps going. It's a great site owned by a friend of mine and some of you guys have become friends of mine as well. Good luck to everyone and Go Truckers!!!

Hello all,
Just wanted to let you all know I'm leaving Preps as a regular poster, but will keep my account active to post info from time to time about issues pertaining to my new job.

Unfortunately I'm leaving my job at LTMS and thus leaving my job coaching at LT. I have been with the LT program since 2004 and went through the process of getting the program to where it is today one of the top programs in the state of VA. Coach Sawyer has been great throughout this process and very supportive. It was his idea for me to go after this new endevour.

I will be leading my own program as the new AD at Churchland HS and look forward to working with the student atheletes at my new school. It's going to be a tough job but one that I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting after.

To everyone up here keep the spirited debates going and keep Preps going. It's a great site owned by a friend of mine and some of you guys have become friends of mine as well. Good luck to everyone and Go Truckers!!!

Best of luck in your new position. While we haven't always seen eye-to-eye, your commitment to the kids has never been in question. The student athletes at Churchland will benefit by having someone so dedicated in their corner.

Good luck!

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
Congratulations on the new position! You do have a tall task ahead of you but I'm quite certain your experiences at LT will help point The Truckers in the right direction. First order of business? Bringing Coach Sawyer on board? LOL!
Best of luck Devils, I'm sure your passion for doing what's right for the student athletes will pay big dividends in Churchland.

Hello all,

As you and I have discussed, keep your head down and start grinding like you always have. Soon enough, little victories will become big ones.

If you need my support for anything, let me know.

Hello all,

Good luck to you in your new position!! Your perspective will be missed around here but, the kids will benefit from your energy and passion.

Hello all,

Good luck to you Devils

Congrats Devils....would love to get in touch with you off the board.

Yes sir I was. Between tonight and last Saturday, I've gotten anywhere between 50-60 grey hairs lol.. By the time the A-10 Tourney starts, I'll have a head full of grey hairs lol... Wow!! Did you see the finish tonight?

I tried. Fell asleep. Saw the way it ended this morning. If you have ANY hair left, grey or otherwise, I'd be amazed. They can't keep letting these teams take them to the wire. Sooner or later the miracle ending is going to go to the other team.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I tried. Fell asleep. Saw the way it ended this morning. If you have ANY hair left, grey or otherwise, I'd be amazed. They can't keep letting these teams take them to the wire. Sooner or later the miracle ending is going to go to the other team.
You are 110% correct my friend. My Rams luck will run out soon if they don't tighten up. Shot 22% from the field during the first half....OUCH!

@DEVILSLB99 good luck man.. I'll miss the banter. Congrats on the new job. You have certainly dedicated a lot of your time to help the youth become productive young men. You should have a lot of pride in that!
No doubt man...Going to be interesting seeing things from an administration standpoint and not a coaches viewpoint.

Mike, you already know I'm happy for you. If you do for the Truckers community what you have done for the Lake Taylor community, they will benefit greatly. I wish you nothing but the best.

Bleeding Navy pointed out a year or so ago, that the "Truckers" is about one of the best school nicknames in the state. It directly honors the heritage of the hard working people in that area. "Go Truckers, Roll On"!

No doubt man...Going to be interesting seeing things from an administration standpoint and not a coaches viewpoint.

Remember, you aren't being paid for the easy stuff. Anybody can make a few calls and line up busses and work out scheduling. You will earn your money dealing with the difficult things, irate parents, coaches that just don't get it, players that put you between the proverbial rock and a hard place, and probably the toughest of all, never having enough money or resources to meet the needs. Relish in the kids being successful, and the things that go right, and keep the bad stuff in perspective. And always look at the big picture.

We didn't often see eye-to-eye but that didn't mean I thought poorly of you. You seem like a good coach so I think you'll do fine in your next endeavor. Best of luck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT