ADVERTISEMENT

Goodness Bo

That’s not good
It’s quite embarrassing Wikki. Struggled with a bad Staunton River team and was outscored by a combined 151-56 in the 4 losses. Martinsville is probably top 3 worst teams in VA this year. I think they got their coach in July. Lame behavior.

Reactions: wikki
I was on the sidelines with the chain crew. GW did everything they could to keep from scoring. Martinsville is playing with basically a jv team because they have so many hurt and people have quit. Heck they had 2 quit at halftime. Don't be so quick to judge, he played everybody he had in the first half and in the second half they running the ball for 5-8 yards and taking a knee. Dogs had negative yardage for the game and turned it over a bunch.

Well, you were there, so I believe you.

We once caught hell for beating Colonial Heights by 77. But it was the same way. We scored 28 points in about the first four minutes. By the second half the second string JV’s were running all over them. I will say this. Most of the CH kids didn’t quit, they were just that bad.

I guess sometimes it’s just unavoidable. I will say this, too. The last thing any Coach should ever tell any player is to not go full speed. That’s just wrong, and is an insult to the other team.

If they had wanted to score 110 they could have. M'vlle had a freshman qb playing tonite with a soft cast on his left hand because of 3 broken fingers because they had no one else to put in. It was pretty bad.

It’s quite embarrassing Wikki. Struggled with a bad Staunton River team and was outscored by a combined 151-56 in the 4 losses. Martinsville is probably top 3 worst teams in VA this year. I think they got their coach in July. Lame behavior.
Bo---you might want to keep silent when you don't have all of the facts. G.W. did everything but take a knee in the second half.

Pretty disappointing effort from you. Do better.

That’s what wrong with the culture in Danville. Y’all celebrate lame 💩 like this. It’s lame as hell beating Martinsville 79-0. Have that same energy against Magna Vista, Glass and Amherst.
So now, we don't celebrate wins? Really? You're going with that?

JFC, can you not let these young men feel good about themselves for one evening? There is nothing that will change the results of the first five games. All you can do is win your next one. And that's what we did tonight. But no---according to Eeyore, everything sucks and nothing good can be acknowledged.

No. It appears you have your mind made up about all-things-Danville and no information that clashes with your preconceived notions will be allowed.

Stay negative and sour. It looks good on you.

Reactions: ThevinStealberg

JFC, can you not let these young men feel good about themselves for one evening? There is nothing that will change the results of the first four games. All you can do is win your next one. And that's what we did tonight. But no---according to Eeyore, everything sucks and nothing good can be marked.

No. It appears you have your mind made up about all-things-Danville and no information that clashes with your perceived notions will be allowed.

So it’s cool to go beat up someone in a wheelchair to feel good about yourself?? Same concept, same mentality. Again you’ve been outscored 151-56 lol… Where was this fight and play against teams that were your size? You don’t have to answer.. We all know.

JFC, can you not let these young men feel good about themselves for one evening? There is nothing that will change the results of the first five games. All you can do is win your next one. And that's what we did tonight. But no---according to Eeyore, everything sucks and nothing good can be acknowledged.

No. It appears you have your mind made up about all-things-Danville and no information that clashes with your preconceived notions will be allowed.

Do you really believe those kids feel anything about the results of the contest tonight other than possibly empathy for Martinsville's struggles? Hrsepasture1 verified the GW coaches and kids did what they could to manage the final score and that is commendable IMO.

Do you really believe those kids feel anything about the results of the contest tonight other than possibly empathy for Martinsville's struggles? Hrsepasture1 verified the GW coaches and kids did what they could to manage the final score and that is commendable IMO.
No doubt. They recognized early on that this was not going to be competitive and they reigned themselves in.

But still, for a team that lost four of their first five games, I imagine they felt better after a win than a loss. That doesn't make them bad people, despite what Bo is suggesting.

The kids were really rooting for each other but not in a way that was disrespectful towards the Bulldogs. Heck anyone could see that this game was going to get out of hand. It was 21-0 with 10:03 to go in the 1st quarter. The Eagles were just happy to get a win.

Reactions: cutnjump
No doubt. They recognized early on that this was not going to be competitive and they reigned themselves in.

But still, for a team that lost four of their first five games, I imagine they felt better after a win than a loss. That doesn't make them bad people, despite what Bo is suggesting.
I believe Bo should have considered hrsepasture1's account and dialed the frustration back but, that is just my opinion and people are entitled to make their own choices. The fact GW tried to dial things back says all that needs to be said about the GW coaches and kids IMO. I do not doubt they were happy not to lose but, I doubt many, if any, really think of it as any kind of win. That is a difficult situation for all involved and I think it raises the question of when in a competitive situation the big whistles need to get together, possibly with the administrators present, and call the game. A freshman with a soft cast who is the only able triggerman is virtually defenseless in that type of environment and it truly becomes a matter of safety regardless of any attempted restraint shown by the opposing side, at least IMO.

The kids were really rooting for each other but not in a way that was disrespectful towards the Bulldogs. Heck anyone could see that this game was going to get out of hand. It was 21-0 with 10:03 to go in the 1st quarter. The Eagles were just happy to get a win.
Thank you for the eyewitness observations. Just makes me sad all the way around. Good luck to the Bulldogs. Only those of us of a certain advanced age if we are lucky enough to have a mind still semi-intact can recall the competitive rivalry in all sports at one time between these schools.

I believe Bo should have considered hrsepasture1's account and dialed the frustration back but, that is just my opinion and people are entitled to make their own choices. The fact GW tried to dial things back says all that needs to be said about the GW coaches and kids IMO. I do not doubt they were happy not to lose but, I doubt many, if any, really think of it as any kind of win. That is a difficult situation for all involved and I think it raises the question of when in a competitive situation the big whistles need to get together, possibly with the administrators present, and call the game. A freshman with a soft cast who is the only able triggerman is virtually defenseless in that type of environment and it truly becomes a matter of safety regardless of any attempted restraint shown by the opposing side, at least IMO.
I was half-expecting the coaches to make a mutual agreement to end the game after the third quarter. Usually in the second half of blowouts like this each teams gets a few yards and everyone gets home quickly. It was clear that there was something deeper wrong with Martinsville.

I remember a Cardoza team coming down to Danville in the nineties with only 16 players. We jumped on them 63-0 at the break and played eight-minute quarters in the second half.

My issue with Bo is that he immediately jumped to the conclusion that GW was RUTSing Martinsville. He does that a lot and I just got a bit tired of his sht tonight.

My issue with Bo is that he immediately jumped to the conclusion that GW was RUTSing Martinsville. He does that a lot and I just got a bit tired of his sht tonight.
Sometimes it's hard if the opponent keeps throwing and or they keep turning it over. I am of the opinion that you get all you can get in the first half. However, in the second half with a running clock you should be able to seriously dial it down. A few years ago Salem had Hidden Valley 77 to 7 at half. Final score 77-7.

I’ve seen a lot of football, I’ve seen coaches run it up for whatever reason but I’ve also seen scores like this and the winning team did everything but score for the other team in order for it not to get out of hand. Every blowout isn’t the same.

I've been a member of the chain crew for years at Martinsville and I've seen some games where you really question whether a team is "running the score" up or not. Last night was not one of those nights. In fact I shook Coach Anderson hand as the game ended and thank him for not doing that. Now next week at Magna Vista might be another story.....lol

I've been a member of the chain crew for years at Martinsville and I've seen some games where you really question whether a team is "running the score" up or not. Last night was not one of those nights. In fact I shook Coach Anderson hand as the game ended and thank him for not doing that. Now next week at Magna Vista might be another story.....lol
How’s your health my friend. Did you beat all your medical issues?

What makes you think they didn’t put in the 2’s but really the JV, stop it.
Plus those varsity guys work their tails off all week and now their families get to watch the JV…stop it. Losing is not the end of the world, don’t try and shame Maury.

I don’t have a problem with a team winning however they please. I was addressed and gave my opinion on the matter.

Danville people are on Facebook acting as if the program is back after the win and a few of the coaches are posting I guess in response to my posts. It’s pathetic. At the end of the day I feel sorry for the kids cause they deserve much much better.

I just pulled the GW game up and kind of fast forwarded through it.
It was hard to watch. I didn’t see where GW tried to humiliate M’ville, but M’ville is really, really bad. My take? If nobody makes a real effort to try and tackle you, you keep running until you get to the end zone. I don’t care if you call your best play or your worst play.

I guess Martinsville is like so many of the towns and cities in that area of the state. The schools reflect what has happened to the area, loss of jobs, loss of population, an aging population that hasn't moved on, eroding infrastructure, plus all the problems that EVERY locality deals with, drugs, degenerating families, and violent crime. Lord, I wish I had the answers.

Chuck and Bo, I see both sides. Chuck bristles at any criticism because he cares. Bo is frustrated because he cares. I was born and raised in Petersburg, and even though I’ve spent my entire adult life in Dinwiddie, Petersburg is my home town. I get so disgusted watching that city always, ALWAYS, taking promising ideas and flat out screw them up. I criticize the city one day, and defend them the next. It’s so incredibly frustrating. I feel your pain, Bo and Chuck.

I don’t have a problem with a team winning however they please. I was addressed and gave my opinion on the matter.

Danville people are on Facebook acting as if the program is back after the win and a few of the coaches are posting I guess in response to my posts. It’s pathetic. At the end of the day I feel sorry for the kids cause they deserve much much better.
Your first problem is being on Facebook. Your second issue is paying any attention to the mental midgets that masquerade as GW assistants and are not smart enough to either stay off social media or engage the fan base, at least what is left of it, in anything more than idle greetings. Bo you are entitled to your opinion and to respond how you choose. I also believe you have been around the block enough times on these platforms to recognize that a debate rarely persists very long when only one person is in the conversation.

No, you hopelessly negative Eeyore. They are encouraging the kids who have been through a hellish first half of the season. Dammit the hell, are they not allowed to feel good for just a moment after finally getting a win?

You are human misery.

I was on the sidelines with the chain crew. GW did everything they could to keep from scoring. Martinsville is playing with basically a jv team because they have so many hurt and people have quit. Heck they had 2 quit at halftime. Don't be so quick to judge, he played everybody he had in the first half and in the second half they running the ball for 5-8 yards and taking a knee. Dogs had negative yardage for the game and turned it over a bunch.
I trust your word bro. Glad to see you back healthy and on the sideline. Tough times for your Dogs but hopefully basketball season will be better. Heard y'all had some good young players coming up.

Facebook.

grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

No, you hopelessly negative Eeyore. They are encouraging the kids who have been through a hellish first half of the season. Dammit the hell, are they not allowed to feel good for just a moment after finally getting a win?

You are human misery.
I’m not doing the back and forth but you represent Danville well.

Have fun beating up on Tunstall and Martinsville and getting your azz whipped by Salem and Glass when it matters.

Your first problem is being on Facebook. Your second issue is paying any attention to the mental midgets that masquerade as GW assistants and are not smart enough to either stay off social media or engage the fan base, at least what is left of it, in anything more than idle greetings. Bo you are entitled to your opinion and to respond how you choose. I also believe you have been around the block enough times on these platforms to recognize that a debate rarely persists very long when only one person is in the conversation.
Cut,

I mean how else would I watch the game last night, 3 hours away from Martinsville? I barely use social media for anything other than networking and promoting my student athletes.

But I agree with you.

Cut,

I mean how else would I watch the game last night, 3 hours away from Martinsville? I barely use social media for anything other than networking and promoting my student athletes.

But I agree with you.
My apology for not being clearer. Instead of on Facebook I should have been more specific to engaging in some activities. Facebook can provide info, just a question of how it is used. That statement is really applicable to all social media platforms.

My apology for not being clearer. Instead of on Facebook I should have been more specific to engaging in some activities. Facebook can provide info, just a question of how it is used. That statement is really applicable to all social media platforms.
Social media is the downfall of the times. I get it and agree with you.

My whole point was pointing out the number of people who was celebrating and proud of beating a lowly Martinsville team. I don’t respond or engage in discussion, I read and shake my head. The only reason I even spoke on the matter is because my friend DP asked my opinion on the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT