ADVERTISEMENT

Goodness Bo

I can tell you the only thing more embarrassing than being over matched and getting your butts blown out is then having grown adults argue on message boards about whether or not the other team ran it up on you or not. Teams ebb and flow. Martinsville last year had a season for the ages! This year they are young and sometimes lopsided affairs happen. I agree though Magna Vista may make a statement

Reactions: catchtds
I can tell you the only thing more embarrassing than being over matched and getting your butts blown out is then having grown adults argue on message boards about whether or not the other team ran it up on you or not. Teams ebb and flow. Martinsville last year had a season for the ages! This year they are young and sometimes lopsided affairs happen. I agree though Magna Vista may make a statement
Who’s arguing lol

Who’s arguing lol
Bo if I wanted to single you out I would have tagged you lol. Heck you weren’t even the person who started the thread man. Not saying you’re arguing. But every year there seems to be on Va Preps, a discussion about someone running up the score and all I’m saying is it only is more embarrassing to come read the $@!t after getting your butt kicked the night before.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Bo if I wanted to single you out I would have tagged you lol. Heck you weren’t even the person who started the thread man. Not saying you’re arguing. But every year there seems to be on Va Preps, a discussion about someone running up the score and all I’m saying is it only is more embarrassing to come read the $@!t after getting your butt kicked the night before.
Nah you’re right. I got called miserable and sour. My team won last night and I’m in the sky box at UVA today drinking some brews 😂 I been cool the whole time.

Maury hung 83 on Manor tonight. Not cool.
Manor hung tough for a quarter and a half, then the wheels fell off. Maury's 2nd team would be starters for a lot of the teams in the 757. That's a tough spot to be in... Manor is actually playing a lot better football this year. New coaching staff is working really hard.

Social media is the downfall of the times. I get it and agree with you.

My whole point was pointing out the number of people who was celebrating and proud of beating a lowly Martinsville team. I don’t respond or engage in discussion, I read and shake my head. The only reason I even spoke on the matter is because my friend DP asked my opinion on the game.
I get frustration but, maybe you will learn this faster than I did. Sometimes when frustrated it is better to take a deep breath and hold your tongue or vent privately.

I've been a member of the chain crew for years at Martinsville and I've seen some games where you really question whether a team is "running the score" up or not. Last night was not one of those nights. In fact I shook Coach Anderson hand as the game ended and thank him for not doing that. Now next week at Magna Vista might be

I've been a member of the chain crew for years at Martinsville and I've seen some games where you really question whether a team is "running the score" up or not. Last night was not one of those nights. In fact I shook Coach Anderson hand as the game ended and thank him for not doing that. Now next week at Magna Vista might be another story.....lol
Why would MV run the score up?

Social media is the downfall of the times. I get it and agree with you.

My whole point was pointing out the number of people who was celebrating and proud of beating a lowly Martinsville team. I don’t respond or engage in discussion, I read and shake my head. The only reason I even spoke on the matter is because my friend DP asked my opinion on the game.
And because of how it evolved, I apologize. I never meant to start a controversy. I apologize.

You have nothing for which to apologize.
All good Chuck. Heck, it’s not unhealthy for all of us to be passionate about our schools and communities. And it’s ok to have wildly differing opinions. Maybe, just maybe, if we care enough that we can one day make a difference in the lives of a few kids.

I was looking forward to visiting you in your press booth this year, but my body wanted to get stupid on me. So I guess I’ll see you at our house next year. And, if I somehow got the right six numbers for tonight’s drawing, our press booth will be on par with the best in high school ball. And it will actually be on the 50 yard line instead of where it is now.

All good Chuck. Heck, it’s not unhealthy for all of us to be passionate about our schools and communities. And it’s ok to have wildly differing opinions. Maybe, just maybe, if we care enough that we can one day make a difference in the lives of a few kids.

I was looking forward to visiting you in your press booth this year, but my body wanted to get stupid on me. So I guess I’ll see you at our house next year. And, if I somehow got the right six numbers for tonight’s drawing, our press booth will be on par with the best in high school ball. And it will actually be on the 50 yard line instead of where it is now.
Looking forward to it!

Oh I’m just saying they’re pretty impressive this year and if GW, who is not as successful this year, can hang 79 while attempting not to I don’t wanna see what the Warriors could do
Gotcha! Favero is a very classy coach and he most certainly has been on the receiving end of a bad butt whipping (see Staunton River playoff 2016) but coach Poston for SR didn't try to run the score up on MV he tried to call his dogs off in the 3rd but when your backups are still scoring it is what it is. But naw, Favero wouldn't do that and besides the HC is a former MV D coach and he also is a great guy and classy himself. I would honestly look for the 2 teams play ball because as much as MV is a part of Henry County, Martinsville and HC Fielder, and Bassett and HC Johnson are part of our respective community and I know we would all love to kick each others butt on the field it's the off the field respect we all have for each other. Man we are proud of our area down here in the Southside and want all our programs to be successful and go as far as they can each season. I will say that I saw one of the classiest things this past Friday night from an MV player...#55 whom after a VERY chippy game with Gretna went to mid field and hugged some of the players from Gretna cause them boys were DAWGS Friday and that's all we can ask for after the battle has ended is to show your respect for a team that brought it every down! That right there is what GREAT players and teammates are all about and I would expect nothing less from the conclusion of the Martinsville game!

I stopped by one day so I could see what “The Hole” looked like. I really want to get out there one day and see a game. Are you getting good crowds now that MV is back in top form?
No, fan support I would say is down 50+% from former years! Hopefully fans will start coming back and I know winning does help cure that!

Gotcha! Favero is a very classy coach and he most certainly has been on the receiving end of a bad butt whipping (see Staunton River playoff 2016) but coach Poston for SR didn't try to run the score up on MV he tried to call his dogs off in the 3rd but when your backups are still scoring it is what it is. But naw, Favero wouldn't do that and besides the HC is a former MV D coach and he also is a great guy and classy himself. I would honestly look for the 2 teams play ball because as much as MV is a part of Henry County, Martinsville and HC Fielder, and Bassett and HC Johnson are part of our respective community and I know we would all love to kick each others butt on the field it's the off the field respect we all have for each other. Man we are proud of our area down here in the Southside and want all our programs to be successful and go as far as they can each season. I will say that I saw one of the classiest things this past Friday night from an MV player...#55 whom after a VERY chippy game with Gretna went to mid field and hugged some of the players from Gretna cause them boys were DAWGS Friday and that's all we can ask for after the battle has ended is to show your respect for a team that brought it every down! That right there is what GREAT players and teammates are all about and I would expect nothing less from the conclusion of the Martinsville game!
After I wrote it I also forgot Fielder being a Warrior for so long. Thought maybe the Henry county vs Martinsville city thing might make it heated, but couldn’t see Favero doing anything to embarrass Fielder. Dawgs are young. The situation WILL get better.

GW quit even rushing on punts the running backs for GW would get five yards and then slide down
The schedule says they have to play Martinsville
Everyone GW played

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT