ADVERTISEMENT

Graham 42-28 with 1/2 of a QB. Its different in Bluefield

Oct 20, 2021
No offense to Union, but I've said this before. I want Appo to come West out of the friendly officiating of Region C on their home field against a team that has equal athletes where Appo can't simply out athlete the opponent.

It's exactly what I thought would happen. It's done,

Appo is a beast and class throughout. Graham is the one team that is different in the west/Region D because of the athletes. You can certainly beat em, but you aren't going to out athlete em. Appo isn't used to that.

Doug Smith, incredible coach. He should have learned his lesson in 2019 about kicking to Bradshaw. He's elite and wanted by Notre Dame for a reason. Appo handed Graham 2 TDs. Graham out Appo'd Appo today with Braddhaw and special teams.

No offense to Union, but I've said this before. I want Appo to come West out of the friendly officiating of Region C on their home field against a team that has equal athletes where Appo can't simply out athlete the opponent.

It's exactly what I thought would happen. It's done,

Appo is a beast and class throughout. Graham is the one team that is different in the west/Region D because of the athletes. You can certainly beat em, but you aren't going to out athlete em. Appo isn't used to that.

Doug Smith, incredible coach. He should have learned his lesson in 2019 about kicking to Bradshaw. He's elite and wanted by Notre Dame for a reason. Appo handed Graham 2 TDs. Graham out Appo'd Appo today with Braddhaw and special teams.
I can appreciate what you are saying but without those two coaching errors on the kick offs what would you be saying . But no crying on this end and congrats to graham but remember what appo has done the last seven yrs so let’s see if graham can even come close to that I doubt it ,, sounds like you are just happy to beat Appo, gotta win next week and not so sure that will happen . Saw a lot of players on both sides hurting .

All so you said Freindly officials of region c , really did you watch the game last week and today , appo has there share plenty of false starts , so don’t get that part at all .But like I said good luck next week

Reactions: 19GHS87
I can appreciate what you are saying but without those two coaching errors on the kick offs what would you be saying . But no crying on this end and congrats to graham but remember what appo has done the last seven yrs so let’s see if graham can even come close to that I doubt it ,, sounds like you are just happy to beat Appo, gotta win next week and not so sure that will happen . Saw a lot of players on both sides hurting .
Like I said. Different beast. Graham isn't Radford or Union or Glenvar. Graham expected to win. Without the Bradshaw kick returns, they handoff to Bradshaw and he still scores. Graham won without the QB, played on one foot and will be first team All State LB. Never played on defense, nor did the starting center.

Now, wear your ass whippin back to Appo. Your run is over.

I am confused , so you have to be 10 pts better, in order to beat them because Smith is that kind of coach? But then there are two "coaching errors" that gave Graham the game? Congrats to Graham on the W! I had mentioned in another thread, Appo will not have the athletic advantage in this game. Graham looked to be the more physical and athletic team from a far and had the best player on the field in their uniform. It was a fun game to watch for sure.

Like I said. Different beast. Graham isn't Radford or Union or Glenvar. Graham expected to win. Without the Bradshaw kick returns, they handoff to Bradshaw and he still scores. Graham won without the QB, played on one foot and will be first team All State LB. Never played on defense, nor did the starting center.

Now, wear your ass whippin back to Appo. Your run is over.
Wow !always one bad grape in the batch , guess what you ate it ! Now I can’t what till next week ! Congrats on beating appo

I am confused , so you have to be 10 pts better, in order to beat them because Smith is that kind of coach? But then there are two "coaching errors" that gave Graham the game? Congrats to Graham on the W! I had mentioned in another thread, Appo will not have the athletic advantage in this game. Graham looked to be the more physical and athletic team from a far and had the best player on the field in their uniform. It was a fun game to watch for sure.
Don't be. Graham with a healthy QB was 24 better

Wow !always one bad grape in the batch , guess what you ate it ! Now I can’t what till next week ! Congrats on beating appo

Yea, and OTHERS are smartasses. If you haven't realized it yet, someone apparently likes to hear himself talk (or I guess technically read himself).

We all must give him his props (even though I don't recall him saying Graham would win like that). HE knows everything about every team, and everything about ADs as well. Everything else he has written has come out incorrectly (unfortunately for SD).

So I am guessing that Graham was at least 24 points better than Appomattox?

Yea, and OTHERS are smartasses. If you haven't realized it yet, someone apparently likes to hear himself talk (or I guess technically read himself).

We all must give him his props (even though I don't recall him saying Graham would win like that). HE knows everything about every team, and everything about ADs as well. Everything else he has written has come out incorrectly (unfortunately for SD).

Dude has been on here for about 6 weeks and I have never seen such a know it all, who continuously ticks off other posters like he does. I love friendly banter, but with this dude, it's his way or no way.

Don't forget how no one would touch Buckingham in Region B 🤣

Graham fortunate to win today. Appomattox has a great program and I knew they weren't going down without a fight. You have my respect. That being said there's one more to go. It means nothing if we don't perform next week. Celebrate tonight then back to work. Go G-Men!

Dude has been on here for about 6 weeks and I have never seen such a know it all, who continuously ticks off other posters like he does. I love friendly banter, but with this dude, it's his way or no way.

No question about it. Just a few highlights for those who don't read all the threads:

1st post: called 2 people smartasses for basically posting the ratings

2nd: said Strasburg couldn't compete with Buckingham

3rd: nobody could even play with SD in Region B (I will admit I wish he were correct on that)

4th: all the mess about Nottoway AD

5th: Appomattox coach is so much better than everyone else that a team has to be 10+ points better (even if Smith is THAT good, they won a championship last season without him)

6th: apparently he knows more about all the teams in VA (maybe elsewhere as well) than those teams fans/coaches.

All of this comes just so he can talk like a big boy. So congratulations fella, you are the 1% @19GHS87 is referring to.

No question about it. Just a few highlights for those who don't read all the threads:

1st post: called 2 people smartasses for basically posting the ratings

2nd: said Strasburg couldn't compete with Buckingham

3rd: nobody could even play with SD in Region B (I will admit I wish he were correct on that)

4th: all the mess about Nottoway AD

5th: Appomattox coach is so much better than everyone else that a team has to be 10+ points better (even if Smith is THAT good, they won a championship last season without him)

6th: apparently he knows more about all the teams in VA (maybe elsewhere as well) than those teams fans/coaches.

All of this comes just so he can talk like a big boy. So congratulations fella, you are the 1% @19GHS87 is referring to.
And don't forget on the Nottoway AD that he originally thought it was the KW AD and I called him out on it and he went and changed it

Reactions: Mike777VSP
You mentioned Union, comparing this Appomattox team to the one that came to BSG in 2017 is like comparing 2021 LSU to 2019 LSU. Tre Lawing is a very good QB but Javon Scruggs was special. Every Appomattox fan on here has said, most repeatedly, that this Appomattox team wasn't quite up to their standard from 2015-2020. But, congrats to Graham, they're electric. Have fun puffing out that chest lol

And don't forget on the Nottoway AD that he originally thought it was the KW AD and I called him out on it and he went and changed it

The thing that may get misconstrued in my messages is there are posters that I respect their opinion, other fellow current or former coaches such as yourself that I certainly respect their views, then there are those that well...

That doesn't mean "those" can't be correct on something, but I still don't respect that. And there are absolutely guys on here that do have the knowledge to talk this wonderful game and be respected, and then blowhards. And those posters usually aren't here very long.

I think that there are those of us that can watch a game film and do a great analysis, etc and others would respect what we said, and then there are those who just talk as though they know ALL the teams.

Congratulations to Appomattox on a great season! It was an exciting game between two top notch programs! Graham’s defense to me is the story of the game; a few miscues but all in all kept Raiders in check. Bradshaw is fun to watch! Blevins has my utmost respect playing through injury with all heart. Wishing safe travels for Appomattox team & fans tonight! It was a great atmosphere at Mitchell today thanks in part to you all!

All Appo fans are 1st class. The only 1 that is a smarty pants is Stabler dude. He made a post 3-4 weeks ago about Appo kicking Graham's as< and sending them back home. Yes, thst post was made. He's the one upset and is devastated by losing to a team in the west. All I said was truth. Appo would have trouble coming west against a team with equal athletes. Puffing my chest out? Not hardly. Without our QB, I favor KW to beat us next week by 7-10 points. With our QB, it's a toss up.

Stabler is the one Appo fan the others try from Appo try to tame. It's noticeable and nobody's fooled.

I know I and let him get to me ! I think I slowed him down. And congrats KW on the win today
LIAR. I said if any team would beat SD, it would be BC. I was wrong, Central did. That's a far cry from nobody touching BC. You are lying again because I told ya, your guy from Hermitage at KW is no Doug Smith, and he's not.

Don't forget, Graham will beat Appo. They did. "Don't forget.

All Appo fans are 1st class. The only 1 that is a smarty pants is Stabler dude. He made a post 3-4 weeks ago about Appo kicking Graham's as< and sending them back home. Yes, thst post was made. He's the one upset and is devastated by losing to a team in the west. All I said was truth. Appo would have trouble coming west against a team with equal athletes. Puffing my chest out? Not hardly. Without our QB, I favor KW to beat us next week by 7-10 points. With our QB, it's a toss up.

Stabler is the one Appo fan the others try from Appo try to tame. It's noticeable and nobody's fooled.
Dude get lost ! You don’t know me and try to even explain anything about me ! You are such a sad poster for all the good graham people!. 3-4 weeks ago you such full of it think you got the wrong guy . Idiot

Last edited:
The thing that may get misconstrued in my messages is there are posters that I respect their opinion, other fellow current or former coaches such as yourself that I certainly respect their views, then there are those that well...

That doesn't mean "those" can't be correct on something, but I still don't respect that. And there are absolutely guys on here that do have the knowledge to talk this wonderful game and be respected, and then blowhards. And those posters usually aren't here very long.

I think that there are those of us that can watch a game film and do a great analysis, etc and others would respect what we said, and then there are those who just talk as though they know ALL the teams.
I'm probably in the blowhard camp but I'm a nice guy IRL I promise lol

I disagree. about KW winning by 7-10 "without our QB". Graham adjusted their offense and are using the running backs more often to get the yardage that the QB would normally get scrambling. Graham's defense will be the key to that game next week. They played well against a very explosive Appomattox offense. If Appomattox were still playing, I would favor them slightly over KW. If Graham can contain the QB, like they did Lawing today and limit the running game somewhat, they have a very good chance. Claiborne for KW is electric and like trying to stop a mack truck, but if there is a defense out there that can limit his success, it's Graham's. Should be a great game. The big question for me is can KW stop Graham? How good is their defense? They have given up some points to some of the better teams, but managed to out-score them. I believe the defense that steps up in that game will win.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
It seems to me ,the raiders just got beat by a better team and also got out coached.With you defense playing lights out in the second half, why in the world do you kick the ball to bradshaw?
I agree. Bradshaw has burnt every team that has kicked to him this year. Graham's defensive line has been great the past few weeks and have really stepped it up. I'm curious to see what Appo fans think of Graham's chances next week. Appo has been there and done that and I respect the opinions of their fans that post on here a lot.

It seems to me ,the raiders just got beat by a better team and also got out coached.With you defense playing lights out in the second half, why in the world do you kick the ball to bradshaw?
Talked to 5 Appo fans while ago at Applebee's that were class act like there team and coach. They said they practiced all week on kicking deep to the left side of the field to Watkins and not Bradshaw, and the kicks were mishits/unintentional to Bradshaw. I believe them. They were good people and had no reason to lie.

Was Appomattox wearing different helmets today? They didn't look like what I remembered from the last matchup or maybe my memory is just not that great.

I was impressed with the Davis kid, Davin Ervis, from Appo. Not sure of exact name. If that kid isn't D1, then colleges are messing up. He's a lightening bolt with just stupid quickness

Reactions: Bo Bob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT