ADVERTISEMENT

Graham fans

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
Is there a date out or is there a preseason multiple scrimmage at Mitchell Stadium in 2023? The one time I went there for the event I really enjoyed myself. Great food, great atmosphere, great stadium. I really think it could be expanded to include Lord Botetourt, Salem and some other Southwestern schools or New River Valley schools. I think this could be a revenue source for the area, maybe more than one day. Great people.

Great idea. I always wanted a Jamboree or Gridorama event in Bluefield. Years ago we went regularily to the Pulaski Gridorama with many great teams there.

I just think it would make economic sense. You have a great stadium and this would benefit the community and business people.

Invite schools and gradually expand. You could invite college coaches. You could possibly get sponsors from local business.

A jamboree in Bluefield would require buy in from the West VA side of the border. Graham (Bluefield, Virginia) doesn't own it.

I would think this would be a easy sell in that it would very likely promote tourism. There is plentiful natural beauty in the area.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Graham used to host a grid-o-rama. They did that for several years. It usually had 4 to 6 teams involved. I loved going to that. Would be great to get that going again. Heck, charge 5 bucks and give half of the proceeds to the city of Bluefield. (That's the only thing that the current city officials listen to, the almighty dollar...). Stadium is getting an updated sound system and lights. The new light system is supposedly going to illuminate the stadium in school colors for Graham. Bluefield, Bluefield State and Bluefield University.

This year, Graham goes to Greenbrier East, WV on 8/11 for a jamboree and host James Monroe WV on 8/18 for a scrimmage (Not sure if that will be a benefit game or not).

Last edited:
Graham used to host a grid-o-rama. They did that for several years. It usually had 4 to 6 teams involved. I loved going to that. Would be great to get that going again. Heck, charge 5 bucks and give half of the proceeds to the city of Bluefield. (That's the only thing that the current city officials listen to, the almighty dollar...). Stadium is getting an updated sound system and lights. The new light system is supposedly going to illuminate the stadium in school colors for Graham. Bluefield, Bluefield State and Bluefield University.

This year, Graham goes to Greenbrier East, WV on 8/11 for a jamboree and host James Monroe WV on 8/18 for a scrimmage (Not sure if that will be a benefit game or not).
Who is all at Greenbrier East with Graham and Greenbrier East?

Who is all at Greenbrier East with Graham and Greenbrier East?
It's a 2 day event, called Battle of the border Summers Co. WV will take on Bath Co. VA and Midland Trail WV will take on Poca WV on Friday the 11th (5 and 6:30)

On Saturday Bluefield(WV) takes on Staunton (VA) at 11:30 followed by Graham (VA) vs Greenbrier East (WV) at 1:00 then Greenbrier East (WV) vs James Monroe (WV) at 2:30. Possibly more match-ups on saturdaay, but that wass all I saw listed

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT