ADVERTISEMENT

Graham @ Union.

Big difference in telling a kid to do your f'n job vs what he did. Petty, narccisitic, poor leadership from an adult. Obviously that wasn't the only time he acts like that. I imagine he had it coming and it was the last straw.

I also imagine the DL that is always taunting people in every Graham film I watch learned it from his coach.

Not sure how this guy ended up at Graham when he seems to be more appropriate for a gig in Richmond, Norfolk, or Hampton.
This isn't a fair comment for people who live in those places. Don't paint such a broad stroke. We need to avoid the hillbillies vs. thugs dialogue that always seems to happen in these arguments. There are good people and bad people everywhere.

Last edited:
Big difference in telling a kid to do your f'n job vs what he did. Petty, narccisitic, poor leadership from an adult. Obviously that wasn't the only time he acts like that. I imagine he had it coming and it was the last straw.

I also imagine the DL that is always taunting people in every Graham film I watch learned it from his coach.
There were also people saying earlier this year that the same coach was using profanity towards an opposing team’s players. There was a Facebook post about that. I can’t confirm this actually happened as it was never acted upon.

I watched one of Graham’s defensive linemen go to Union’s sideline and taunt the fans after the handshake line on Saturday until a different Graham coach (R.B.) pulled him off the field.

If this behavior is not a first-time offense and he has been warned for past behavior, then he should be terminated.

I disagree with the decision to relieve the coach of his duties. Going live at the end of the game or in the very last minute is a bad choice, but it is towards the end of the game. That would be a severe warning and write up. As for the language used, that is a problem. He used the N word and that implies he brings Race into the equation and that wreaks of the idea of "race" as a huge deal in his life; otherwise, he wouldn't have used the word regardless of what color he is or who the term is derogatory to. But, I don't agree with firing. Suspension for 1 year, write up, no coaching duties for one year, and instructed if you ever use that language again, you are gone, but as for permanent firing, I disagree with it. I also don't condone his behavior. I've never been a huge fan of firing someone without a second chance and an opportunity to change, unless a criminal act is committed.
I must respectfully disagree. Too many times now kids are seeing bad actions by "adults" going unpunished, or given a slap on the wrist. Actions have consequences. Period.

Reactions: catchtds
I must respectfully disagree. Too many times now kids are seeing bad actions by "adults" going unpunished, or given a slap on the wrist. Actions have consequences. Period.
I respect your take Clarkefan83, but don't entirely disagree with it. I would just disagree on the what the consequences should be. There are a range of consequences that can occur before immediately going to firing. For example, what if the kids see his behavior and he get punished in the form of an apology, then they see him having to apologize to the Graham fans, then they see him suspended without coaching duties for 1 year, then they see the behavior change one year later that he enacted on and the consequences he faced. They can learn from that also. With that written, my post about not firing him as a first move was under the assumption that the behavior hasn't happened before. It's an entire other ball of wax if what is reported later in this thread is true and that he has a history of this stuff. But again, just my take and I respect yours. I do think we agree on one thing. Actions should Always have consequences.

I disagree with the decision to relieve the coach of his duties. Going live at the end of the game or in the very last minute is a bad choice, but it is towards the end of the game. That would be a severe warning and write up. As for the language used, that is a problem. He used the N word and that implies he brings Race into the equation and that wreaks of the idea of "race" as a huge deal in his life; otherwise, he wouldn't have used the word regardless of what color he is or who the term is derogatory to. But, I don't agree with firing. Suspension for 1 year, write up, no coaching duties for one year, and instructed if you ever use that language again, you are gone, but as for permanent firing, I disagree with it. I also don't condone his behavior. I've never been a huge fan of firing someone without a second chance and an opportunity to change, unless a criminal act is committed.
As far as using the words he used especially the one in reference to race. My kid says every one of his friends that are black or biracial use that word on a daily basis. Just my opinion , the rap culture for one glorifies this type of language to the point it's commonplace. I'm not condoning it but it's obviously acceptable with some and the norm. Anyone who believes the type of language doesn't go on elsewhere, and in high school football in other places is naive. Do I agree with it, no but let's be real. If we could record practices around the state or sideline chatter, there's probably a lot of language used.

The secondary issue is how much will this incident affect Graham's preparation & game on Saturday. Can they rise above it? I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaTech98
Its 3 games for a player if the zebras hear it, or so I was told. It doesn't matter how common it is in today's culture, it's a term that shouldn't be used at all but especially by a leader of young men in formative years. Its very simple, we encourage what we accept as ok whether we realize is or not.

There were also people saying earlier this year that the same coach was using profanity towards an opposing team’s players. There was a Facebook post about that. I can’t confirm this actually happened as it was never acted upon.

I watched one of Graham’s defensive linemen go to Union’s sideline and taunt the fans after the handshake line on Saturday until a different Graham coach (R.B.) pulled him off the field.
I do not know your intentions in posting this video on this forum but IMHO, you should have gone to the AD/principal/coach with it.

The unintended consequences could/may negatively affect a whole team of young men who had nothing to do with the actions of that coach.

Last edited:
I do not know your intentions in posting this video on this forum but IMHO, you should have gone to the AD/principal/coach with it.

The unintended consequences could/may negatively affect a whole team of young men who had nothing to do with the actions of that coach.
Good point! A person who joins a forum for the sole purpose of posting said video probably has bad intentions and didn't consider the team of young men that had nothing to do with it. He is more than likely a Graham hater wanting to cause as much discourse for the GMen as he can. Not excusing the coach, should have known better but some people thrive on this type of stuff and love to see bad things happen to others.

A “team” is only as good as their leaders.

Like one person said above - if those words are said on the field you miss 3 games. Coaches have to be held to a higher standard so that the players are as well.
I don’t disagree with you at all. But that coach’s actions are not accountable to those of us on a message board. He is accountable to the coach, AD, principal and his team. This is not the place to seek accountability. But you do you…

A “team” is only as good as their leaders.

Like one person said above - if those words are said on the field you miss 3 games. Coaches have to be held to a higher standard so that the players are as well.
I don't think anyone is questioning that premise only your motive for joining a forum to post the video.

Reactions: obguthr
The video was posted publicly on the biggest forum in the world, Facebook. No hacking here.
No one said you hacked anyone. I think you're missing the point...what was your motivation for joining a sports forum for the sole purpose to share it? My best guess is spite and vindictiveness. As the other member said, "You do you!"

Last edited:
If the G men fail on Saturday ? They can put the blame on this distraction . Hopefully this won't be a deciding factor in their performance . jmo

It will not be a factor whatsoever
Yeah, he was just a volunteer coach. Unfortunately, for him, he made a poor decision, which I'm sure he regrets. As far as the team goes, I'm sure their focus is on Radford and the Task at hand. There are plenty of capable coaches on that sideline. There is no place for that kind of behavior from players or coaches, you win with humility and always respect your opponent regardless of the outcome. Life will be much more difficult for these young folks then any football game. They need to learn to be respectful of others and to be humble. Showboating and bragging are childish behaviors and these kids are supposed to be learning to be men, good men. It is very disappointing to say the least, but they will be focused and prepared to move forward. This would be a great opportunity for the coaching staff to use it as a lesson on how win with grace and humility and to act like you were expecting to win. Graham has preached for the last few years that they go in each game expecting to win. Well, that video in no way resembled a person who was expecting to win.

I'm a little surprised this has gotten this much attention. I mean this Graham. This video is rated G compared to some videos and pictures thats been produced there in the past year or so.

I much prefer to watch videos like these that a fan posted. Anybody who doubts how Graham travels and says how quiet their fans are needs to watch this. It's hard to be as loud as the Union fans down there at Bullitt Park, but Graham fans sure gave them a run for their money. The fans were like this the entire game.

Last edited:
I much prefer to watch videos like this one that a fan posted. Anybody who doubts how Graham travels and says how quiet their fans are needs to watch this. It's hard to be as loud as the Union fans down there at Bullitt Park, but Graham fans sure gave them a run for their money. The fans were like this the entire game.

19GH Can’t seem to find it?

I know in today’s world of being ultra sensitive that the coaches video will offend many. I don’t like the language but football is a very emotional sport. People do and say things in the moment. That’s what it is, a moment, a not so good one, but hopefully just a moment. I’d be more concerned about the lack of judgement to post live on social media. Not much good comes from that…

If some of the stuff my old coaches said on the sidelines, locker room and/or bus got out, they’d probably be in jail now🤷‍♂️
Most would’ve been smart enough not to put it on a social platform or do it publicly.

Reactions: MCAthletics
Well, too be fair, social “media” back in my day was listening in on the party line telephone at the General Store. We also only had 3 TV stations, AM/FM radio and computers were for playing ping pong🤣
Truth!

That coach has been relieved of his duties
IMG-1038.jpg

Relieved of his duties but still on the field?

I don’t think anyone really cares who it is or gives that person much credibility considering they joined a sports forum to try and create drama like a middle school girl when the situation had already been addressed by the school division.

why would it not end up well for someone? Because they shared a video that was already shared on the internet?

Learn some accountability, folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT