ADVERTISEMENT

Graham vs Appomattox State Semifinals

I have watched that return atleast 100 times, to this day with my laymans knowledge of the rules i cant say it was or was not a hold. Now that you mention it i'll have to go back and look at the procedure call and see what that is about if i can.

Union did the little pop up right before getting set on every single punt all year long. It's a legal move and was never an issue until then, but they called either illegal procedure or formation (maybe even a false start, I can't remember 100%), backing Union into the end zone and forcing a bad punt that was returned inside the 10 IIRC and led to the TD that was the difference. I dunno if the game is different if it isn't called, but it shouldn't have been called.
The hold was a 50/50 call, I don't really fuss about it. In ten games, it's called in five and let go in five. It would have been a huge difference, Appo not scoring there and Union likely wins IMO, but that's Just the breaks. Two very evenly matched teams. Union had more offensive success, Appomattox dominated special teams and that won the game. Just excellent coaching. Don't often see a team only manage one 25+ yard scoring drive and still score 25+ points and win. You guys have an incredible coaching staff.

Union did the little pop up right before getting set on every single punt all year long. It's a legal move and was never an issue until then, but they called either illegal procedure or formation (maybe even a false start, I can't remember 100%), backing Union into the end zone and forcing a bad punt that was returned inside the 10 IIRC and led to the TD that was the difference. I dunno if the game is different if it isn't called, but it shouldn't have been called.
The hold was a 50/50 call, I don't really fuss about it. In ten games, it's called in five and let go in five. It would have been a huge difference, Appo not scoring there and Union likely wins IMO, but that's Just the breaks. Two very evenly matched teams. Union had more offensive success, Appomattox dominated special teams and that won the game. Just excellent coaching. Don't often see a team only manage one 25+ yard scoring drive and still score 25+ points and win. You guys have an incredible coaching staff.
ok i remember that play now we hollered when union coach came onto the field and the refs appeased him and did not throw a flag for him coming onto the field. One of the refs actually came up to coach smith and stopped him from coming over. So i say union got away with that. But i will go look at that play again, it was far across from our view point on about unions 15 yd line or less.

My favorite play of Saturday's game was the fake punt by Appomattox on their first possession. 4th and 3 from own 44. Most teams would have punted . I never like punts, why give ball to other team ? now granted some down and distance, and score may say punt, but most do not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT