ADVERTISEMENT

Graham vs. Pulaski County

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Thoughts on this one?
Don't know much about PC other then they are supposed to be young, but they are 4A and Graham is 2A. Graham is 6-0 and seem to be hitting their stride. They have 4 star recruit Brody Meadows on the OL heading to UVA and 3 star Athlete Xayvion Bradshaw, son of former NFL player Ahmad Bradshaw, who is being recruited heavily by a number of D-1 schools, including Michigan State and Notre Dame. Graham is coming off of a 56-23 win over previously un-beaten Virginia High. and has quality wins against Bluefield, WV, Galax and Union, VA.

Graham will likely win. PC has significant injuries all over and just don't seem terribly cohesive and together as a team. Their wins are over Northside, Cave Spring, Jefferson Forest, and Blacksburg who have a combined four wins amongst them. The loss to Salem wasn't surprising (although the MOV was a bit surprising) and they had a weird loss to James Woods in a COVID filler game but their 14 point loss to what I now see as just a run-of-the-mill mediocre Hidden Valley was what stands out most. I saw Cburg/HV tonight, HV is not what their record says they are and so it no longer looks like a "quality" loss imo (HV started 6-0 and will likely finish 7-3).

Pulaski will probably finish 4-6. If you think Graham is on the whole as good or better than a 4-6 team two classes above them then you should feel good about next week. Should be competitive but I just don't think Pulaski has enough in the tank anymore, they're too beaten up and weren't at a level where they could absorb that amount of injuries without noticeably dropping in overall talent.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Pulaski County is going to have to play extremely well to win any of their final regular season games. The return of Evan Alger tonight from the injury list was great, but we need more consistency from the rest of the team for sure to win against Graham, Patrick Henry or Christiansburg, who are all doing very well. I said earlier that Hidden Valley not beating us more than they did was an indicator that the Titans were going to have issues down the road. Hopefully my Cougars can put some things together and put together a win or two to finish out the season, but if we can see consistent improvement each week that would be a big win for us right now too.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Graham seems to be getting better each week but will still need to be on their A game to beat a decent 4A school. Graham is winning games on the LOS on both sides of the ball. They have a lot of talent. Defense seems to get nastier by the week. GMen are well coached. Pulaski has one of the beat coaches in the business though. I’m sure Dixon will have them prepared to give GMen all they have.

If you think Graham is on the whole as good or better than a 4-6 team two classes above them then you should feel good about next week.
I am more than certain Graham is Much better than a 4-6 team two classes above them. Only my opinion, but it's one I feel confident about. I know C-Burg is good, but I think Graham is the second best team on Pulaski's schedule second to Salem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT