ADVERTISEMENT

Graham vs Pulaski

Dude don’t come at me like that ! I don’t know you and you don’t know me , I am far ignorance I was just saying what was said I am not a rustburg guy you stupid idiot ! So take your dumb comments and get lost ! I hope appo and graham do met just like they did 2 yrs ago and got that ass whipped all the way back to blue field you dumb ass ! You just set me off and I am not like that normally, so there you go .
Wow!

The Graham-Rustburg game...all week it snowed and rained, that day the temps warmed up to over 40 and the frozen ground thawed into a quagmire, as it did under those conditions. No extra water was used on the field...just stop with your ignorance. And BTW, Graham was a running team that season, too...both teams played on the same field conditions. But you won't have to worry about mud as an excuse anymore...
Sorry gridiron Ive been here a long time and don’t take likely to be called names for no reason , he should read all the post before calling someone out about something that is just here say . Good luck to y’all at Pulaski!

If Appo and Graham play, in my opinion, flip a coin and call the winner. No dog in the fight. I've met a bunch of Appo fans over the years and know a bunch of people from Bluefield. It's a game I honestly and truly just have no idea how to pick.

Lots of football left. From a neutral fans perspective, I find it ALARMing that King William put up 62 on Lafayette. I know enough about Lafayette to know that...........nobody does that. You just......don't do that to Lafayette. King William has to be in the discussion.

If Appo and Graham play, in my opinion, flip a coin and call the winner. No dog in the fight. I've met a bunch of Appo fans over the years and know a bunch of people from Bluefield. It's a game I honestly and truly just have no idea how to pick.

Lots of football left. From a neutral fans perspective, I find it ALARMing that King William put up 62 on Lafayette. I know enough about Lafayette to know that...........nobody does that. You just......don't do that to Lafayette. King William has to be in the discussion.
I honestly right now dont know how to call a game against graham. Only seeing graham on nfhs i cant dig into it and see what i need to. Will be a good game if we both make it there, maybe another one like it was against Stuarts Draft for state.

They gotta be in the discussion. To beat Lafayette like that is IMPRESSIVE and they will have the best player on the field in almost every game they play in Claiborne, the #15 player in VA per 247. Meadows for Graham is slightly ahead at #14 but it's easier for an RB to impact the game compared to OL. Meadows is a very good DL too but it's clear hisnfuturee lies on the OL.

They gotta be in the discussion. To beat Lafayette like that is IMPRESSIVE and they will have the best player on the field in almost every game they play in Claiborne, the #15 player in VA per 247. Meadows for Graham is slightly ahead at #14 but it's easier for an RB to impact the game compared to OL. Meadows is a very good DL too but it's clear hisnfuturee lies on the OL.
Claiborne gets most of the publicity for KW and rightfully so, as he's already committed to Wake Forest. But QB Jayveon Robinson is another player for KW, who in my opinion is a potential D1 player as well. In the game against Lafayette, he had 17 carries for 255 yards and 2 TDs, and added 86 yards passing and 2 more TDs. In the W&L game that Claiborne missed because of Covid protocols, Robinson had 6 total touchdowns and over 150 yard rushing and passing. Having a player like Demond Claiborne opens so many things up as teams key on him, but Robinson is a stud himself, plus they have 2 impact impactful wide receivers in Tre Robinson and Kavontay Hayes, who both can explode at any time.

Claiborne gets most of the publicity for KW and rightfully so, as he's already committed to Wake Forest. But QB Jayveon Robinson is another player for KW, who in my opinion is a potential D1 player as well. In the game against Lafayette, he had 17 carries for 255 yards and 2 TDs, and added 86 yards passing and 2 more TDs. In the W&L game that Claiborne missed because of Covid protocols, Robinson had 6 total touchdowns and over 150 yard rushing and passing. Having a player like Demond Claiborne opens so many things up as teams key on him, but Robinson is a stud himself, plus they have 2 impact impactful wide receivers in Tre Robinson and Kavontay Hayes, who both can explode at any time.
This Is pure speculation and stereotyping of me, but how do they hold up at the LOS? The teams from the East, at times, have superior athletes but aren't always as strong at the LOS and teams who are, like Appomattox, can exploit that weakness and control a game. Any time you have players like Claiborne and Robinson, you're a force to be reckoned with but if you can't hold up at the LOS, a strong team can stifle the run game before it gets started and makes life miserable on the QB.
Graham getting lotta love in this thread, rightfully so they have some big time quality wins, but to me until someone beats Appomattox in a semi final or state title game, it's impossible to pick against them. They're always so well coached, tough and physical at LOS and guys like Tre Lawing are excellent athletes and ball players. But maybe this is the year the East strikes back and gets a title. Goochland still last to do it right? They not even 2A any more and they played a very physical, strong brand of football.

This Is pure speculation and stereotyping of me, but how do they hold up at the LOS? The teams from the East, at times, have superior athletes but aren't always as strong at the LOS and teams who are, like Appomattox, can exploit that weakness and control a game. Any time you have players like Claiborne and Robinson, you're a force to be reckoned with but if you can't hold up at the LOS, a strong team can stifle the run game before it gets started and makes life miserable on the QB.
Graham getting lotta love in this thread, rightfully so they have some big time quality wins, but to me until someone beats Appomattox in a semi final or state title game, it's impossible to pick against them. They're always so well coached, tough and physical at LOS and guys like Tre Lawing are excellent athletes and ball players. But maybe this is the year the East strikes back and gets a title. Goochland still last to do it right? They not even 2A any more and they played a very physical, strong brand of football.
To be the man you have to beat the man, that man being Appomattox. No one has bragging rights until that happens in the semis or finals.

The line is the unsung heroes in my opinion. In games against 3A Goochland, IC Norcom and Lafayette, KW had the bigger and better line. In some years, that wouldn't have always been the case, but this year it is. Not too many teams manhandle Lafayette the way that KW did last week. The line goes 230, 285, 275, 330, and 225, if I'm not mistaken. These kids put in the work and it shows. I've followed KW football since 1985, as a kid, a player, a fan, and even as an opposing coach and all I can say is this team is different and extremely special. Will they win the state championship? Only time will tell, especially in this crazy Covid world, but they have all the things needed to bring it all home. With that said, as Gridiron said above, Appomattox is still the team to beat, and rightfully so, until proven otherwise. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Smith and the Raiders program

Pulaski will be a tough opponent. Minus the blowout loss to Salem, Pulaski is a couple of plays from being 6-1 instead of 4-3. The combined record of the three teams that beat them is 17-5. I think Pulaskis two losses other than Salem were by a combined 8 points. They are better than their record.
No they are not. They are what their record says they are. Just do some simple homework and look at the records of the teams they have beat. It's not rocket science.

The line is the unsung heroes in my opinion. In games against 3A Goochland, IC Norcom and Lafayette, KW had the bigger and better line. In some years, that wouldn't have always been the case, but this year it is. Not too many teams manhandle Lafayette the way that KW did last week. The line goes 230, 285, 275, 330, and 225, if I'm not mistaken. These kids put in the work and it shows. I've followed KW football since 1985, as a kid, a player, a fan, and even as an opposing coach and all I can say is this team is different and extremely special. Will they win the state championship? Only time will tell, especially in this crazy Covid world, but they have all the things needed to bring it all home. With that said, as Gridiron said above, Appomattox is still the team to beat, and rightfully so, until proven otherwise. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Coach Smith and the Raiders program
If they can compete with Goochland, Lafayette and Norcom at the LOS, they can likely compete with anyone in 2A. That's always my concern when talking about schools who rely on star skill players but if KW has muscle up front to pair with those incredible athletes at RB and QB, they've gotta be the favorite to win the East and be a serious serious threat for a title. You've always came off as pretty level headed and fair and if you think this KW team is the best you've seen in years, the record certainly backs you up. Appo is the big bad bully on the block (metaphorically, they always seem to play with class and dignity there. I respect the hell outta that program) but this does seem like a year where someone else can snatch the crown.
Could be KW, could be Graham, a few diff teams. But I think KW is by far the biggest favorite to win their side of the state.

If they can compete with Goochland, Lafayette and Norcom at the LOS, they can likely compete with anyone in 2A. That's always my concern when talking about schools who rely on star skill players but if KW has muscle up front to pair with those incredible athletes at RB and QB, they've gotta be the favorite to win the East and be a serious serious threat for a title. You've always came off as pretty level headed and fair and if you think this KW team is the best you've seen in years, the record certainly backs you up. Appo is the big bad bully on the block (metaphorically, they always seem to play with class and dignity there. I respect the hell outta that program) but this does seem like a year where someone else can snatch the crown.
Could be KW, could be Graham, a few diff teams. But I think KW is by far the biggest favorite to win their side of the state.
Exactly. If they can play with Norcum, Lafeyette, and had a bunch of starters out against Goochland, they are legit. As for Graham, they beat Pulaski's JV night 26-16 in Bluefield. Graham looks to have a lot in the tank coming up. Graham has some big kids and fast kids on that JV team.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Maybe they are it!! Maybe they are the team like our 2015 and even more so our 2016 team. That 2016 team was something to watch and I'd put them up against about anyone at most any level and they would compete.
Maybe this KW team is just loaded and they have the talent.

If anyone beats the Raiders I won't be surprised but you better play good football to do it. Blow them out and you just had a better team. Raiders are good, real good, but they aint the teams of the past. I'd say this team is comparable to our 2018 team but a bit better in areas.

Reactions: oldfool2
Maybe they are it!! Maybe they are the team like our 2015 and even more so our 2016 team. That 2016 team was something to watch and I'd put them up against about anyone at most any level and they would compete.
Maybe this KW team is just loaded and they have the talent.

If anyone beats the Raiders I won't be surprised but you better play good football to do it. Blow them out and you just had a better team. Raiders are good, real good, but they aint the teams of the past. I'd say this team is comparable to our 2018 team but a bit better in areas.
I'd have to say your assesment of the Raiders is spot on and they appear to have alot of the same issues.

I've been on Preps for 15 years and despite KW having some really good teams during this time period, this is only the second time that I have made a preseason prediction of KW winning it all. The other time was in 2011, when they were 12-0 and lost to undefeated Goochland, 16-12, when Goochland stopped them 3 inches short of the goalline in the final minute. As talented as that KW team was, I think this year's team is even better than that. It won't be easy though, as there are other good teams out there as well like Appomattox, Graham, Stuarts Draft, Union, Nottoway, among others. It will definitely have to be earned on the field

Reactions: BigWinners
KW might need to shore up that defense a little bit. Scoring a lot of points the past 2 weeks but giving up a lot too.

The Graham of 89. Had an article on them that year in USA Today as the last team in the United States (that year, in 1989) to be scored on. I think they started the first 8 games without giving up a point, went on to beat a Southampton team in the state title game that was led by All-American Riddick Parker and future All-American Percy Ellsworth. Both played in the NFL. I remember this well. I was on the Radford team that lost to Graham in the second round of the Region 4 playoffs that year (Region Championship Game). Rustburg was very good as was Southampton and Giles was good, but believe it or not, the second best Div 3 team in the state that year was probably us (Radford).

Graham's only loss that year was at Salem in a game where Graham had 412 Total Yards and 4 turnovers to Salem's 205 yds and zero turnovers. I still have the Roanoke Times Sports Pages for every week of the 87 through 93 seasons. Blacksburg would go on to beat Salem in Div 4 in the playoffs that year led by standout running back Jerome Trussell and Blacksburg won the state title at the Div 4 level. Graham beat Blacksburg in the regular season that year 26-0. The 89 Graham team was the hardest I've ever been hit from little league through playing college ball at William and Mary.
Salem won that game 23-6. Also beat Blacksburg during the regular season 9-7 I think. Injury bug hit Salem in the playoffs and Blacksburg won the rematch. I was at all or those games.

KW might need to shore up that defense a little bit. Scoring a lot of points the past 2 weeks but giving up a lot too.
Not sure it makes a huge difference but the starting MLB for KW was ejected from the Lafayette game in the first half. He had to sit out this week against Mechanicsville as well.

Not sure it makes a huge difference but the starting MLB for KW was ejected from the Lafayette game in the first half. He had to sit out this week against Mechanicsville as well.
An ejection can hurt big time if you have to shift players around. In 2019 Graham had a starter ejected that had to sit out Appomattox game. I’m not saying it cost us the win but it affected us by not having him.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldfool2
An ejection can hurt big time if you have to shift players around. In 2019 Graham had a starter ejected that had to sit out Appomattox game. I’m not saying it cost us the win but it affected us by not having him.
Lots of costly penalties, not sure about out west but they’re really cracking down on unsportsmanlike penalties in the easy. We will see if they can pull it together to make a deep playoff run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT