ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest Team in VA History.....

Uncle Rico is the best ever. Case closed

I think you are wrong. I think the best player ever is Al Bundy! 4 touchdowns in one game at Polk High

AL1.jpg

Hearing about the run that Appomattox has made in the 2A realm and how many are comparing them to some of greats in 2A has me thinking, who's the best team you've seen? Classification doesn't matter. My list is as follows (I know, I said team, but I believe that all of these teams have merit).

1). 1996 or 1997 Hampton: I don't think anyone could have contained Curry. Scored 819 in '96, and blew out the competition in '96 and '97 in the title game. I don't think anyone is close to these two teams for best all time.

2). 2014 Ocean Lakes: Just the amount of Division 1 players that played on that team alone gets them onto my list. Lewis, Taylor, Crosby, Hubbard, Simmons, Alleyne, Griffin, Womack, and Spence (x2) were ridiculous on defense. Definitely a fun team to watch.

3). 1994 Powell Valley: Although I've seen them on film, I give them a nod. I don't think they could match the teams I have listed before because the amount of talented players they have compared to the others isn't close, but that team did some damage!

I know people are going to disagree, but it's fun hearing who everyone has. I know you will disagree with my list, but make your own and have fun!!

Best player I've ever seen: Vic Hall. No question.

I saw Vic Hall play once in high school. Great kid and a great player, but he was playing against poor competition.

Ronald Curry as a high school junior was the greatest high school football player I'd ever seen in the state of Virginia.

I think had he gone to UVa and played for George Welsh, who was a five-time ACC Coach-Of-The-Year, and who was an All-American quarterback and finished 3rd in the Heisman voting himself at Navy, he would have gone on to be a starting QB the NFL for years, instead of a wide receiver. Welsh produced 3 quarterbacks at Virginia who all made regular-season NFL rosters, and one was an All-Pro. Plus, he developed QB Shawn Moore, who was the ACC Player-Of-The-Year.

Last edited:
The best high school player I have ever seen with my own 2 eyes was Percy Harvin during his junior year. I saw almost every game from his sophomore year to his senior year as I was living in Va Beach at the time. Literally every time he touched the ball ther was a good chance it was going to the house. I also think that Landstown team his Junior year was a very very good team. Potentially a top 5 team in Va history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT