ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna vs Radford round 2

moto138

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 4, 2018
Some people say it's hard to beat a team twice in same season, hoping that turns out to be true.

Where was the first meeting;at Radford or Gretna? I see this being a toss up- both teams are talented . I would probably have to give the edge to Radford given homefield advantage and the fact that they have some momentum going after their last two wins. Should be a great game.

Wasn't Gretna missing a key player in the previous game? I like Gretna in the upset by 9.
Usually think of Radford as having a lot of weapons on offense in skill positions, but this Radford defense has been pretty damn awesome lately

First meeting at Gretna. Radford won 7-6. I believe game was middle of week with reschedule from one of the Hurricanes.

Wasn't Gretna missing a key player in the previous game? I like Gretna in the upset by 9.
No. A running back got inadvertantly poked in the eye and didn't return but that was in no way the reason Gretna lost. Radford was the reason Gretna lost.

If Radford plays flat like they did against FC, Gretna wins by 14. The Radford that played against Glenvar wins by 14.

Radford by 7-8. The teams pretty even but like home field and Radford with their experience.

I will not predict a winner but pay careful attention to special teams play. All facets of special teams play. I will go out on a limb and say this will be the deciding factor.
If it comes down to special teams, I'd also go with Radford. Very impressed with the fantastic punting and field goal kicking at the Glenvar game. Haven't seen kicking like that since Shayne Graham at Pulaski.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT