ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna @ William Byrd

Offense looked better than score indicates. Good mixture of pass/run.

As for defense, I will exercise my constitutional rights and remain silent.

Offense looked better than score indicates. Good mixture of pass/run.

As for defense, I will exercise my constitutional rights and remain silent.
One of Gretna's defensive coaches father just passed away. I don't think he's been with the team much the past week or so. His absence may have something to do with it as far as 'tuning' goes.

Yea definitely missed defence coach but head coach has took over defence too. Byrd could pretty much move ball at will, mostly on ground. Could have been worse in real game with a pick six n 3 fumbles.

While Gretna is improved with more speed and talent at the skill positions they are very young and need time to gel... Bigger issues are on the offensive and defensive lines that need to be improved quickly. Was impressed with the freshman qb great arm..great speed..makes the correct reads but needs the time back there to make the plays and Inge can be special at rb again as long as he has the blocking... Don't panic yet hawk fans... This team is young and it is early

Reactions: HokieTDTech
Ironic how these HR6 Gretna squads get ground in the dirt by the Single and Wing T squads. How is it possible?

I wouldn't look too much into this scrimmage. Byrd's Larry Basham ran for 200+ against state champ Magna Vista's defense last year and had a huge game the year before. Byrd will be a solid 4a team this year. RELAX as Aaron Rodgers would say.

Reactions: shauntclair
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT