ADVERTISEMENT

GW 58 Falwell Recruits 53 final

It looked as if Officials decided this game. LCA's best player picked up 3rd foul midway 2nd quarter.

I saw LCA play Monday night. He is best high school player I have seen this season. With him on bench, LCA is a different team.

I saw LCA play Monday night. He is best high school player I have seen this season. With him on bench, LCA is a different team.
I've heard he is good but not to take ANYTHING away from LCA's victory last week but GW was tired after playing the #1 2a team in the state, Martinsville and Halifax back to back. Also the loss was good because they didn't have to play Charlottesville in the semi's. That would've been a very bad draw.

Reactions: AntGZee
VHSL didn't do a good job at all scheduling this tournament. I heard all this talk about team's traveling distances and cutting the times down. Look now, you have teams traveling 6 hrs to play a game. If they win, then having to make that trip again, unless they stay. Talk about a logistical nightmare, well VHSL, you now have it.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
VHSL has no idea how to schedule a tournament. They need to go back to the "old" way of having actual tournaments, where all teams play at same site. Eliminate the high seed host bull manure. When tournaments start, no team should ever play on home court. I know some will say so and so earned the right to host. That is BS. I don't care if a team is undefeated, tournaments should be played on neutral courts.

VHSL has no idea how to schedule a tournament. They need to go back to the "old" way of having actual tournaments, where all teams play at same site. Eliminate the high seed host bull manure. When tournaments start, no team should ever play on home court. I know some will say so and so earned the right to host. That is BS. I don't care if a team is undefeated, tournaments should be played on neutral courts.
I agree HR6. All conferences should have a neutral site location. For example: Conference 23 (GW, Charlottesville, Glass, LCA, etc) should rotate and play at Lynchburg College and Averett. Conference 24 (Bassett, Byrd, WF, etc) could play at Roanoke College or Franklin County High School. Same goes for playoffs. They could very well make Lynchburg College and Heritage a neutral site due to the size of their gyms. They could host 1a (Altavista, Parry McClure, etc), 2a (Dan River, Martinsville, Gretna), 3a (Roanoke/Lynchburg is 3a dominant) and 4a games (2 to 2.5 hours from all schools on the 29 corridor).

I agree HR6. All conferences should have a neutral site location. For example: Conference 23 (GW, Charlottesville, Glass, LCA, etc) should rotate and play at Lynchburg College and Averett. Conference 24 (Bassett, Byrd, WF, etc) could play at Roanoke College or Franklin County High School. Same goes for playoffs. They could very well make Lynchburg College and Heritage a neutral site due to the size of their gyms. They could host 1a (Altavista, Parry McClure, etc), 2a (Dan River, Martinsville, Gretna), 3a (Roanoke/Lynchburg is 3a dominant) and 4a games (2 to 2.5 hours from all schools on the 29 corridor).
They used to have the tournaments at Lynchburg College. I went to many back in the day

Now they are too lazy to coordinate a good site. Now they usually just say: "high seed will host". Less work involved. This was told to me by an Athletic Director.

Smh....Let me set you guys straight. VHSL does not schedule the regional tournaments. The VHSL gives a regional deadline and the regions in this case 4A West set up the format. So place your blame on the scheduling for conference tournaments and regional tournaments on the conference directors and regional directors not the VHSL. They are easy prey when you don't like how the conference or region tournaments don't go the way you like in any sport when in reality they don't have any say so. Ask the AD of your favorite school whose in charge of the region and direct your problems to them.

@DEVILSLB99 thank you Devils! We all were on here spitting out misinformation so thankfully you corrected us all. My biggest problem is the state quarters and semi's. This year it's definitely not fair to your LT boys, Jamestown and the eastern and 804 teams that make it. People on here laughed and called Coach Sawyer a "crybaby" after he made those comments about how the location of the states were not fair to y'all at Liberty and he was 100% correct. 4a has no business being played in Salem and needs to be played at a centrally located arena whether it's Charlottesville or somewhere in Richmond. Roanoke/Salem is a dang near 5 hour drive from Norfolk and a 3 hour and 45 minute drive from Richmond. I hate to sound like I'm b****ing but it's just not logical.

VHSL has always delegated too much stuff to districts and regions. It may be ok to delegate, but issue rules for sites, and enforce them. Too many take easy way out.

Conference tournaments barely make a dime. Who is going to cover the cost of neutral site games? Some of these conferences are already spread out and don't travel well, that is why many conferences and regions went to high seed host. Spring sports tourneys lose a ton of money so basketball and football playoffs have to cover those...
VHSL has always delegated too much stuff to districts and regions. It may be ok to delegate, but issue rules for sites, and enforce them. Too many take easy way out.

@DEVILSLB99 thank you Devils! We all were on here spitting out misinformation so thankfully you corrected us all. My biggest problem is the state quarters and semi's. This year it's definitely not fair to your LT boys, Jamestown and the eastern and 804 teams that make it. People on here laughed and called Coach Sawyer a "crybaby" after he made those comments about how the location of the states were not fair to y'all at Liberty and he was 100% correct. 4a has no business being played in Salem and needs to be played at a centrally located arena whether it's Charlottesville or somewhere in Richmond. Roanoke/Salem is a dang near 5 hour drive from Norfolk and a 3 hour and 45 minute drive from Richmond. I hate to sound like I'm b****ing but it's just not logical.
No problem. Former boys...lol!! Yea 4a is going to be a disaster. How about this scenario for LT... Girls play in quarters on Thurs Boys on Fri they both win they play in the semis on Saturday... Do you make the girls come all the way back or put them up in a hotel for 2 nights? Knowing what I know there is no money in the LT budget for that!!! A lot of tough decisions to be made.

No problem. Former boys...lol!! Yea 4a is going to be a disaster. How about this scenario for LT... Girls play in quarters on Thurs Boys on Fri they both win they play in the semis on Saturday... Do you make the girls come all the way back or put them up in a hotel for 2 nights? Knowing what I know there is no money in the LT budget for that!!! A lot of tough decisions to be made.
IMO, the VHSL should partner with local universities close to sites and let the players stay in the dorms since it will be spring break. To me that seems the most logical since they expect these kids to go cross state and leave the school responsible for hotel cost. Not all schools would have to do it but if the budget wasn't there then it should be an option.

Schools get reimbursed for state travel with the exception of track (I believe ).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT