ADVERTISEMENT

GW Basketball

Will roll through the district and region. Looking to be in Richmond in the end this year. Loaded and ready. Rings.
You must know something I don’t. Any new transfers in? Any big time freshman in the program? What’s the guard play and size looking like? Dixon and Howard are back. Both very good but undersized at their position. The district will come down to Tunstall and GW. Tunstall has very good size and skill but lost one of their best players to BY. Rogers will be the best player in the Piedmont by far.

Reactions: Playmaker915
The last two years...the final four and then the shortened season last year. Why does GW have to get new talent in?

The last two years...the final four and then the shortened season last year. Why does GW have to get new talent in?
Are you serious?? GW had a bunch of under 5’8 guards and undersized players the past two years. No legit hoopers that could play ball at the next level except Kapone (Kobe and DH are locks for football so no disrespect). JV wasn’t very good either. GW is always going to come out of our region if two teams come out. Flat out, teams in our area are intimidated by them and unlike football, they find a way to win when it matters in regional play.

Okay, so you tell me that a a starting 5 of Kobe (5’6), Tahj Carter (5’8), Donovan (6’2 but is your best post player), Jalen Spratt (6’1-6’2) and Worm (5’10 275 football player) is going to be “locked and loaded” and win state? Did Emmanuel White transfer into GW? The Coles kid from Chatham? Jamison Graves leave BY after transferring from Tunstall? I’m confused how we’re making a legit state run with some of the big boys from around the state.

Have you seen Varina? The Billups kid has signed with VCU and is a 6’7 guard. Baby KD who can give you 50 with ease. King’s Fork lost Jayden Epps but still loaded with the same guys who ran us off the court at Norfolk State in March 2020. Henrico is moving down from 5 with Varina and those guys are always good. Western Albemarle are now in our region and those boys can play up that mountain. You laugh but Tunstall will have a very good team with a few boys 6’4 and growing. DeMarcus really do got those boys locked and loaded. Halifax lost Kam Roberts which is a big loss so I’m guessing GW will come out of the region if they allow two teams this year. Don’t say I told you so, but Western Albemarle is the real deal. Shooters, size and well disciplined.

Homie you said Tunstall. That negates anything else you type after that. Yes, GW was in the final four with an undersized team. Tunstall has not been in contention in any universe GW has been in. Please laugh at your own comment.

Homie you said Tunstall. That negates anything else you type after that. Yes, GW was in the final four with an undersized team. Tunstall has not been in contention in any universe GW has been in. Please laugh at your own comment.
You apply for the Tunstall job and not get it? While you give baseless conjecture, I’ll take the high road. GW won’t be very good this year if they don’t have any quality transfers in or improved skill and size. Who wants to be in states by default? Fact is, the region wasn’t very good and it proved when King’s Fork blew GW out of the gym and Halifax lost to a 8 loss Winchester area team. Tunstall has been competing all summer down in Georgia and different places. Dedric Rogers is a 6’2 PG who can give you 30 and they’ve gotten some real good transfers in. Tunstall hasn’t been competitive in a long time but they are loaded for the next 2 years. DeMarcus Morrison will be the best coach in our area if the Tunstall administration lets him run his program.

@lyhsports what will Glass look like this year? If y’all have some size, it’ll be Glass and Western for the 4D ship. I’m a GW fan, but if they’re anything like they were last year, they won’t be good at all.

@lyhsports what will Glass look like this year? If y’all have some size, it’ll be Glass and Western for the 4D ship. I’m a GW fan, but if they’re anything like they were last year, they won’t be good at all.
Lost one of our bigs to VES, but we return a 6’8” guy. Other than that no size, but we’ve got some really good shooters. They were starting to play well last season, then COVID shut them down. Plus our coach had a bad health scare over the summer.

You still haven’t answered my question on what makes GW a contender this year and so locked and loaded. Stop making our fans and community look bad.

Lost one of our bigs to VES, but we return a 6’8” guy. Other than that no size, but we’ve got some really good shooters. They were starting to play well last season, then COVID shut them down. Plus our coach had a bad health scare over the summer.
GW’s tallest player will be around 6’2. Crazy to me. Just 3 years ago, we were 5’10, 6’3, 6’4, 6’5 and 6’7 for our starting 5. Back in the WVD days, had multiple 6’7 guys across the board. It’s been known for a few years that we would have a dry spell on talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
Fans and community look bad? By saying we'll be locked? You can't be serious. Let's compare resumes and see then. I didn't have to apply for any coaching job. You don't know anything about me or my reputation in this Danville community. But if you want to take it there and get personal, I'm not too hard to find for you to get an idea.

How are you going to state you are a GW fan, but out here in these internet streets talking about they won't be good "at all?" Who is really making our fans and community look bad? It seems someone is confused. I never have seen such a reaction having support for a team. Check yourself. Again...I'm not hard to find and we can compare. Just because I'm in a different position now, doesn't mean I can't talk this basketball talk. I've earned that right. Let's see if you have since you want to go there.

How are you going to state you are a GW fan, but out here in these internet streets talking about they won't be good "at all?" Who is really making our fans and community look bad? It seems someone is confused. I never have seen such a reaction having support for a team. Check yourself. Again...I'm not hard to find and we can compare. Just because I'm in a different position now, doesn't mean I can't talk this basketball talk. I've earned that right. Let's see if you have since you want to go there.
You made a baseless claim and I called you out on it. I asked what will make them so locked and loaded, 3 days ago and you’ve yet to explain your reasoning. Maybe I don’t know something you do? You make an ignorant statement about losing credibility when mentioning Tunstall when I explained my reasoning behind it. As far as I’m concerned you aren’t as knowledgeable as you think if you’re not aware of Tunstall’s team. You also can’t be serious if you think an undersized GW team is a threat to win a state championship. Nobody outside of the region is scared or on notice. Even the Glass fan laughed at that stupid statement you made. GW’s out of district includes two games against 2A James River Buchanan, Dan River and a horrible Dinwiddie basketball program. Don’t take yourself so serious playboy.

Like I said before, I stand by it. Period. I'm tired of these non-basketball people like you that never blew a whistle or even know how to run a basketball team or practice. Wouldn't know what to do with a team, never won a game...or a ring. Keep buying a ticket. I believe in those GW boys day in and day out. The mentality is impressive. I see it. I'm in the gym with them. For someone who says they are a GW fan, calling out a team and saying they aren't going to be good at all...another fake fan. Buy some Tunstall gear since you up their butt then. So people outside the region scared of Tunstall now?

And you need these other people on this forum liking and laughing at posts to get people in your corner...they don't have the pedigree either. Take that clown behavior elsewhere. Like I said before...put your resume up. Then we'll see who's more serious and more knowledgeable...playboy. I'm not hard to find in Danville. Let's see what Bo really knows homie. Get from behind that keyboard.

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Like I said before, I stand by it. Period. I'm tired of these non-basketball people like you that never blew a whistle or even know how to run a basketball team or practice. Wouldn't know what to do with a team, never won a game...or a ring. Keep buying a ticket. I believe in those GW boys day in and day out. The mentality is impressive. I see it. I'm in the gym with them. For someone who says they are a GW fan, calling out a team and saying they aren't going to be good at all...another fake fan. Buy some Tunstall gear since you up their butt then. So people outside the region scared of Tunstall now?

And you need these other people on this forum liking and laughing at posts to get people in your corner...they don't have the pedigree either. Take that clown behavior elsewhere. Like I said before...put your resume up. Then we'll see who's more serious and more knowledgeable...playboy. I'm not hard to find in Danville. Let's see what Bo really knows homie. Get from behind that keyboard.
Dec 27-29
Jan 4
Jan 28
Make sure you front row …….

I know this ain’t Jermaine 💀💀 . Been watching GW games for a long time. You and I both know the product GW has put on the court the past 2 years isn’t locked and loaded status. These kids beat up on Patrick, Bassett and Magna Vista and win 40-32 score ball games and they have a false reality on their talent and skill level. When they play the Kings Forks and Varinas they get embarrassed. 2019 was a special year but we’ve had many teams that should’ve won a state championship. Last year and the previous year wasn’t apart of those teams who are in that conversation.

Fact is, Tunstall was going to be really good last year and was actually ranked by Preps to start the year & they were basically all sophomores. Those cats are pressing, throwing alley oops, and shooting the 3 ball really well. Take it for what it’s worth but research who Dedric Rogers is. IMO he’s the best recruit out of our area since JC Chaney and Ridge. Tunstall will be legit.

Last edited:
I know this ain’t Jermaine 💀💀 I graduated from GW and played ball there. Been watching GW games for a long time. You and I both know the product GW has put on the court the past 2 years isn’t locked and loaded status. These kids beat up on Patrick, Bassett and Magna Vista and win 40-32 score ball games and they have a false reality on their talent and skill level. When they play the Kings Forks and Varinas they get embarrassed. 2019 was a special year but we’ve had many teams that should’ve won a state championship. Last year and the previous year wasn’t apart of those teams who are in that conversation.

Fact is, Tunstall was going to be really good last year and was actually ranked by Preps to start the year & they were basically all sophomores. Those cats are pressing, throwing alley oops, and shooting the 3 ball really well. Take it for what it’s worth but research who Dedric Rogers is. IMO he’s the best recruit out of our area since JC Chaney and Ridge. Tunstall will be legit.
I know this ain’t Jermaine 💀💀 I graduated from GW and played ball there. Been watching GW games for a long time. You and I both know the product GW has put on the court the past 2 years isn’t locked and loaded status. These kids beat up on Patrick, Bassett and Magna Vista and win 40-32 score ball games and they have a false reality on their talent and skill level. When they play the Kings Forks and Varinas they get embarrassed. 2019 was a special year but we’ve had many teams that should’ve won a state championship. Last year and the previous year wasn’t apart of those teams who are in that conversation.

No that was not Jermaine. This is Jermaine I do not come on here and talk about any THOUGHTS I may feel. I allow the kids to be kids. I want every team to do their best and will NEVER down another team!!!

No that was not Jermaine. This is Jermaine I do not come on here and talk about any THOUGHTS I may feel. I allow the kids to be kids. I want every team to do their best and will NEVER down another team!!!
I already knew it wasn’t you nor one of your staff members.

GW will finally be getting a new gym in the near future.
There have not be many years when GW had dominate size. I don’t remember many taller than Jerry Beck. The 73-74 team had 6-5 Tic Price and 6-6 Cheyenne Jones before he flunked out. Lots of the greats were 6-4 to 6-6.
GW will always have lots of athletes in football and basketball.

GW has always had very good 6’3 to 6’7 guys which will win you a lot of games. I do believe GW will be a contender for the Region and District but the Class 4 state tournament is the toughest in the state. Will be a challenge for most prep school teams to beat King’s Fork or Varina.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT