ADVERTISEMENT

GW/Dan River

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
27-3 1:19 left in the 1st half.

GW playing methodical football, not trying to score. Lots of athletes on the field from both teams. Carl Poole is playing out of his mind and Wesley Graves has to have 100+ yards after contact. I’m really surprised how big and athletic Dan River is. They have about 5 playmakers and should compete for the Dogwood District Championship along with Gretna and Appomattox. DR beat LCA last week 14-0.

First and foremost, Salem fans you had Ramsey but guess what?? Danville has Wesley!! Overall I like what I saw yesterday. GW playcalling looked as if they were playing methodical backyard football. They worked on controlling time of possession and different packages. We have 6 WRs this year who can go (Shawn and Shyheim Watlington, Kobe Hairston, Franklin, Elam and McClary) and three really good RBs in Carl Poole, Wesley Graves and Willie Edmunds. I’d like to see Edmunds at RB more than Carl simply because we need Carl on defense, where I can only think of 1 linebacker in 4a better or just as good as him. Offensive line is going to be very very good by playoffs and Wesley Graves could very well rush for over 2,500 yards.

Defense is a work in progress. Not the secondary (who I give a B+ to), but the D Line. Thought Akers looked good and DaeDae Richardson is a bad man. Dan River’s speedy and shifty QBs gave our DEs trouble. I think DR had 4 first downs all night. Our secondary looked good against some athletic DR WRs. They did well in coverage..Gotta work on wrapping up and breaking down but they’ll get it straight.

DR had a huge swarming D which was good to see our line and running backs do well. Los was Los. Threw the ball well and his field vision has improved. He has put in work this offseason and he will be a D1 QB. Carl Poole is a DOG man. Our OLB Zack Cassada is a DOG! Shawn Watlington is a different breed. He’s the best WR in 4a and were all happy to see him and Los connect this year. Luckily for us we have 5 other horses so Watlington will probably see a lot of 1on1’s this year! He’s going to out jump you!

Big year for Danville..One Game At A Time!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT