ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville vs EC Glass

I'm not giving Glass the advantage, and knocking GW at all. Their lines have impressed me since last year. They are a big improvement and will be a big challenge to Glass' lines.
I agree with you 100%. GW’s Dline is good but they don’t have the speed or firepower the Glass Dline has. Glass’s lines are battle tested. It has already been stated that Glass’s Oline is better than Salem’s which leaves no more convincing for me. You and I sat at the Heritage scrimmage and heard GW’s line coach scream that GW has the biggest line in school history and couldn’t even pick up a 1 yard gain with Wesley Graves running the football. I know that is preseason but that is a huge reason why I give the edge to Glass even with GW’s progress over the past 2 years.

Reactions: lyhsports
How many people are expected to go to the game? Would love to see a packed house.
Been a while since the home side was full. Biggest crowds I’ve seen since the mid 2000s was for Magna Vista in 2013, Courtland in 2014, at Salem in 2014 and Salem in 2017. Hopefully it’s a packed house. The kids deserves the whole city to come out and support them. I can remember the days where 200 to 300 people were turned back from the basketball games due to capacity crowds. We can only pray to see those days again in Danville.

Reactions: btowenatc
I can remember the days where a game of this caliber was written about all week leading up to the game on Friday. I don’t think people realize just how big this game is. I know Glass and Heritage is seen as a bigger rivalry now than Glass/GW, but back when I was in elementary/middle school it was a huge thing in Danville when Glass played GW. I remember my 8th grade year, we played Dunbar and even then as 13 year olds, we acted like the world ended when we lost to the Poets. It just meant that much to beat “Glass”. Hope this rivalry can continue for years to come! Looking forward to a great game tonight! Safe travels for all and may the best team win!

Times Up!!!! This will be a classic. Can GW stop arguably the best dual threat QB in 4A this year? Can Glass keep Graves from running wild? Which team will take more risks? This game will definitely be won in the trenches. See you tonight!!! Home field advantage has to come thru for GW to pull off an upset
In the words of Bart Scott CANT WAIT!!!!!

Does GW do any kind of online broadcasting for their home games?
I reached out to my boy who broadcasts all of the big basketball and football Piedmont games on Facebook live and does an amazing job. He actually streamed the GW/Amherst game. I haven’t gotten a response from him.

The Classic Rivalry is back! Gotta start this conversation early!

Both teams are looking solid and undefeated so far! I've seen both teams, and I might just give the edge to GW. Top to bottom they have some players! They also have seen the toughest opponents so far.

If Glass plays the way they played last night against Rustburg, they'll get smacked in the mouth! But I truly believe Glass will be ready for this game.

It's gonna be a great one! WHO Y'ALL GOT???
Looks like Glass is the real deal

I've been calling High School games since 1989. Kendrick is the best pure runner I have ever seen.
Define pure runner please. Kendrick can definitely carry the mail but, there are a number of backs both from GW and who GW has faced in your time that would be in that discussion, in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT