ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville VS WA thoughts

GW will not have a problem, although better defense than Orange, Orange put 41 on them. They have a few tall big guys on defense and main RB is a small kid but tough runner. QB likes to do a spin move after the snap and roll out right or left to throw, not to fast, is a tall and lanky kid. GW will roll!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
WA has a lot of trouble against teams with speed. With that being said, GW will outrun these guys. Looking for them to put up 42+. GW’s defense coming along. 49-21 GW.

IDK, for GW to score 56 they will need to score on every possession. If I recall that’s what they did vs Orange. I don’t think GW punted once.

From what I’ve seen WA will try to keep the ball and limit possessions. I think this game will be more like 35-14 GW.

GW did not punt agianst Orange. WA and Orange are on same level and Orange should have won the WA game, mistakes and not scoring from the 1 sunk them. The GW game Orange lost 5 starters before half. A broken ankle, concussion, knee and two high ankle sprains that took em all out. At one point there were 5 freshman on the field or playing for the Hornets.

Regardless of injuries, Orange tends to play district games pretty well, then tuck their tails and run in the playoffs, regardless of opponent. WA will be a better test for GW.

Not blaming injuries for the beat down, that was going to happen. I do not think it will be a better test. GW will spank them, WA is a small team player wise.

Regardless of what happens this game, I think without question the two best teams in the region are playing each other on the other side of the bracket. Regardless of who wins this one, I'm guessing Salem or Louisa would smack them. Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion but NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND. GW will earn your respect this year I hope….

I do respect them. And I probably spoke way too soon, but the fact that Glass handled GW and Louisa handled Glass on the road is mostly what I'm talking about. To be fair-that was Week 1. A lot has changed. Maybe GW will prove me wrong.

I do respect them. And I probably spoke way too soon, but the fact that Glass handled GW and Louisa handled Glass on the road is mostly what I'm talking about. To be fair-that was Week 1. A lot has changed. Maybe GW will prove me wrong.
I'm pretty sure QB Byrnes was out for the Glass game, and as you said that was game 1 for GW. It's probably not a fair comparison.

Your good poster so i will say this GW had key injuries going into the Glass game which is no excuse but it has already been said on other threads. Now I will state facts GW has never beaten Salem(which Martinsburg demolished twice) They’ve never played Louisa, so with that being said how can you say that both teams this year are better than GW?

You got me! I'll eat my words. I don't wanna disrespect GW, I'm guessing they'll come out and hang a lot of points on WA and then we'll see what happens. All I was saying is GW lost to Glass while Louisa beat them bad. I was not aware GW didn't have their starting QB. Let's see what they do!

Reactions: Lewis918777
My thoughts when I watched the GW vs Glass game early in the year, "GW is gonna be very good come playoff time". I think they win the region this year. But hey, I've been wrong on so many things this year haha. We'll see.

Have to wait and see, GW really impressed me. Good size, athletic and multiple playmakers. Orange just did not have a good defense. So the score was skewed abit. WA has a better defense, but agian Orange got 41. WA offense is plain jane at best. And

Don’t think any of the 3 teams left will “smack” GW. GW matched up real well with Salem this spring and 90% of that GW team is back. 28-14 Salem with 3 Virginia Tech signees on the field. One week at a time, but I like this GW team’s chances to compete.

Your good poster so i will say this GW had key injuries going into the Glass game which is no excuse but it has already been said on other threads. Now I will state facts GW has never beaten Salem(which Martinsburg demolished twice) They’ve never played Louisa, so with that being said how can you say that both teams this year are better than GW?

Martinsburg would easily beat GW and I don't think it would be within 4 scores. So that shouldn't even be part of the discussion.

Exactly!! 1st game of the season, we had a couple of starters out, several players that were JV last year!! Score was 14-7 at half and should have been 14-14.. Martinsburg went in at halftime punched in the mouth, they had a couple of big plays in the 2nd half against a couple of sophomore DB’s which have improved 150% by the way. Until you’ve played a team of that caliber, then we can talk!!

Reactions: SFUWO
Don’t think any of the 3 teams left will “smack” GW. GW matched up real well with Salem this spring and 90% of that GW team is back. 28-14 Salem with 3 Virginia Tech signees on the field. One week at a time, but I like this GW team’s chances to compete.
1 VT signee

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT