ADVERTISEMENT

GW/Magna Vista

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Since Appo at Amherst had a thread I thought I'd start one for this one. MV won in Danville in 2013, GW got revenge and ran the score up in 2014 and GW weathered another MV second half comeback last year. What's you guys predictions this year? I'd love to hear from MVWarriors, Horsepasture and Ridge. My heart says GW 42-35 and my gut says GW in a very close one. I'm not buying either!!!!!! Should be good. Forest vs a very good defense and the GW pups against a Magna Vista offense that never disappoints. Should be a full house in Ridgeway Friday. Both teams have an advantage as the playoffs start a week early for both teams.

I believe MV will win this game by a field goal in the closing seconds of the game. I think it will be a back and forth game. Whatever the outcome, it should be a great game. The stands will be rocking on both sides Friday night. If MV's Greenfield can keep his composure, MV should be able to pull this one out.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I believe MV will win this game by a field goal in the closing seconds of the game. I think it will be a back and forth game. Whatever the outcome, it should be a great game. The stands will be rocking on both sides Friday night. If MV's Greenfield can keep his composure, MV should be able to pull this one out.
Very fair assessment. I believe something insane will go down. Good luck to you guys Friday. I wish I could be there. Win, loss or draw, both teams will bring it.

I think its going to be up to how well MV defense plays, and how healthy they are. I dont know if Cameron Page will be back this week, I think another defense player went down Friday against tunstall, and Jason Scales was limping at halftime, but finished the game, so hopefully his was just cramping or something. More than likely Greenfield will be the QB Friday, I think the offense will be fine. Chris Scales is running the ball better finding holes, and hes just hard to bring down. Rupert doesnt get as many yards as Scales, but it just seems all his rushes make an impact on the game. He gets TDs in the redzone and picks up hard yards for 1st downs. This game might end up being a shootout, last team with the ball wins. Definitely a good way to end the regular season though.

Can GW ride Forest or will they need to give him some help? MV has players and momentum and a chip on the shoulder from being so close last year. NASCAR just left Martinsville last weekend but their is still some horsepower left for this Friday night track meet.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
My thing with GW has been focus all year. I'm friends most of these cats on Facebook and they goof around a little too much for me. They're young and the talent is there but I question how serious they're taking it. Most of them were in middle school when the Warriors came to town and put the beatdown on GW in the second half in 2013. They took Glass lightly and got a whipping so if they don't take these Warriors then it's going to be a LOOOOOONG ride back down 58 East and they will have to go way up north next week for Playoffs. Forest is good but watch out for Sam Branch at QB. Griddy/blue collar player. He can chuck the ball down the field and run. My key for GW is the secondary. Henry Barley picked Shoalin off twice last year so he knows what he has to do against Greenfield. He'll be covering Cam all night. Our other corner #28 Grasty is another one to watch. He's one of our best basketball players, guarded Holland both games. He's got the hops to contest those passes MV likes to throw. Our safety #14 Carl Poole Jr and #45 Zi Gunter are both sophomores and IMO the two key pieces of GW's defense. Poole will be highly recruited next season and hopefully so will Gunter. GW is not as good as they were last year, but probably more comparable to the team that MV beat in 2013.

Reactions: LowRider635
Now you are talking. Finally getting those priorities straight.
LOL yes sir! My gf's parents are selling their home in Martinsville so we're going for that. We won't get a chance to go home a lot now that our Rams start their season next week. We have a busy year. We're following them all over plus home games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT