ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Sussex

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got to go with G.W. in this one Dtayl6 simply because I haven't seen y'all play and they stopped my Blues. That being said if Sussex can open it up with some good pass plays and cause G.W. to have to spread more it could swing to Sussex quickly. I disagree with Blaster on the Line control if you make G.W. start guessing on the play calls there line will open up. That was the biggest downfall from my prospective. There rushing yards came of which i havent seen the numbers but i doubt it was a lot more then ours was when P.M. was looking for the pass. It was a great game plan and they stuck to it.

Reactions: Dtayl6
I agree on O yall slowed our run game down alot. My comments about line play was about our D line it was the pivot point that allowed us to set the LBs free. Idk if my post auto corrected to say O but I meant our D line was dominant. And our pass blocking was sick nasty I don't think Deacon was ever in any real trouble.

Hrcmsthboom you are a idiot! Just another fan or parent that is trying to
Live thru your kid! game is over and it was a great football year again in Buena vista, it's just a shame that dumb asss like you bad mouth coaching staffs and don't have the nits to come forward and try and show your face you coward!
First, NO ONE rattled your chain so get back in your dog house.. Second, if you will learn to "read and comprehend" you will notice that I ONLY posted what was overheard by some parents, fans and other players (NOT I) again, I DID NOT HEAR IT, IT WAS HEARSAY!! I haven't bad mouthed anyone, Coaches or otherwise.. Go back and check the thread numb nuts, you will see that has been done by many others.. NOT ME.. And as for calling someone a coward, Really?? I don't think you know me well enough to drop that one, Just saying! Trust me, If need be I can/will show my face.. Not sure of the relevance of that but don't get it twisted if need be I will say my piece if warranted to whomever.. But, never to a Coach or to a kid playing the game, ANY GAME!! I, just as I am sure you and others have done question many things Coaches do/have done however, that is not my dog to walk.. ANYMORE.. You see, I have been there, done that and when it's in your blood it' in your blood and I thought that was what this "Message Board" was for, to discuss opinions and thoughts and to collaborate.. Obviously, I was wrong as are may others on here.. I know I used some rather large words in my reply so, if you need assistance in comprehension don't hesitate to ask, ONLY A COWARD WOULD REFUSE TO ASK FOR HELP!!! You my friend are the Idiot!

rebels1979, agreed... It is about the teams that won... I was just attempting to clarify and elaborate in response to your reply that "We were parked" to which I acknowledged.. As for whose "fault" a win or loss is, It is my belief that it's a combination of both players and Coaches, that's why it's called a TEAM!! Not sure how the Rebels operate, okay, actually I am but my point being, the goal of "most" or the "majority" of any "TEAM SPORT" the "TEAM" is taught to to execute what the Coach(es) call, run, draw up or whatever have you... THAT IS THE GOAL! Obviously as witnessed, this is NOT the case for the mighty Rebels..
I'd wager our kids ran what was called PM done a great job of stopping it..Love our coaches we just lost to a better team....so still, whats your point? why you still talking go lick your wounds...

I'd wager our kids ran what was called PM done a great job of stopping it..Love our coaches we just lost to a better team....so still, whats your point? why you still talking go lick your wounds...
That is my point!! No wound licking needed.. Just as in the case of the Rebels and PM and PM and GW, if that's what the Coaches called and that's what the kids ran, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.. All I said was that "If" the O/C made those statements and "If" the kids overheard it then the kids were short changed... In tough situations and tight games the kids look to the Coaches for guidance and leadership and "If" that was the way it played out, then it sounds like the O/C left them hanging or even gave up on them when they clearly "needed" the Coaches help if you will... Again, I never heard it, just stating what was repeated by the ones that did...

Agreed Blaster,
As I told you before the game. We had to get to Beamer to control the game and we did not do that.
Really wish you could have seen Eli up close kid is something else. Maybe next year.
Shout out to Josh Cash for making some key stops as well. Its about the final four now. Gets tougher every week and that's a good thing.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
That is my point!! No wound licking needed.. Just as in the case of the Rebels and PM and PM and GW, if that's what the Coaches called and that's what the kids ran, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.. All I said was that "If" the O/C made those statements and "If" the kids overheard it then the kids were short changed... In tough situations and tight games the kids look to the Coaches for guidance and leadership and "If" that was the way it played out, then it sounds like the O/C left them hanging or even gave up on them when they clearly "needed" the Coaches help if you will... Again, I never heard it, just stating what was repeated by the ones that did...
When "if" is a word you have to use in repeating it you'd be better served keeping it to yourself.

I got to go with G.W. in this one Dtayl6 simply because I haven't seen y'all play and they stopped my Blues. That being said if Sussex can open it up with some good pass plays and cause G.W. to have to spread more it could swing to Sussex quickly. I disagree with Blaster on the Line control if you make G.W. start guessing on the play calls there line will open up. That was the biggest downfall from my prospective. There rushing yards came of which i havent seen the numbers but i doubt it was a lot more then ours was when P.M. was looking for the pass. It was a great game plan and they stuck to it.
I respect that but thats why we play the game.

Agreed Blaster,
As I told you before the game. We had to get to Beamer to control the game and we did not do that.
Really wish you could have seen Eli up close kid is something else. Maybe next year.
Shout out to Josh Cash for making some key stops as well. Its about the final four now. Gets tougher every week and that's a good thing.
I hated to hear that he was down for this game. I don't say this often but I feel that kid really has/will be D1 talent. And he is just a SO I hope to see him before he is done.

Everyone's talking bout number 8,15,& 21 from GW what about 1,9,13,3,4,8,6,50,55 from Sussex your talking about three players from GW I'm talking about them players and more if I missed some from Sussex I mean these fellas can compete Sussex isn't in this spot for no Reason now don't get me wrong GW can play but everywhere they go to on the field against Sussex they will run into a athlete..... cornerback tyrese rose has pretty good defense then over the top at saftey Marvin Robinson jr then another good corner Alec bailey then at middle line backers Clyde Edmond Trevon hatch and trayquan wooden and with the good D line and those two explosive ends I mean go see them play maybe everyone would see where I'm coming from lol

Last edited:
Those 3 get alot of talk cause they are freaks but don't think that's all GW is. We play 7 WRs 4-5 RBs 7-8 linemen 5-6 LB's and 6-7 DBs GW is depth. Not saying the kids you mentioned from Sussex aren't amazing players. But GW will be shocking in how big and deep they are. I'll say this now Sussex will have to without question rely on the LBs and DBs GW will abuse the D line I've seen from Sussex. The speed in this game will be even imo but GW wins in all other areas. The size and strength will be lopsided in GWs favor. Again not taking anything away from Sussex they are 12-0 for a reason but you will not keep GW under 20

Sussex defense is the truth..lol..that park view game made me a believer..PV wasnt a cupcake this year and sussex held them under 20.i think holding GW under 20 isnt an easy task but it definitely can be done if Sussex is healthy..and I hope GW show up with attitude..playing sussex on a football field is a game you will always remember lol

Reactions: Dtayl6
I think they will the kids are respectful no doubt but they will play with an attitude. And another thing I've noticed is Sussex tries to get into the O lines legs that doest work with GW if the do that against us we will gut them all night. I know I've said it to much but our size is almost ridiculous we have no O linemen under 6'2 250. And they all move very well Sussex will have to play perfect technique and fundamental football. Even then keeping us under 20 will be extremely hard. In order for them to win they will have to smother every weapon we have. And that is a difficulty of 12 on a 10 scale.

Anyone from PM wanta go to the Galax -Riverheads game with me? LoL!!!!

I think they will the kids are respectful no doubt but they will play with an attitude. And another thing I've noticed is Sussex tries to get into the O lines legs that doest work with GW if the do that against us we will gut them all night. I know I've said it to much but our size is almost ridiculous we have no O linemen under 6'2 250. And they all move very well Sussex will have to play perfect technique and fundamental football. Even then keeping us under 20 will be extremely hard. In order for them to win they will have to smother every weapon we have. And that is a difficulty of 12 on a 10 scale.
There you have it. I love it. I hope no one thinks we can win. GW 88 Sussex 0. I want GW to be as confident as my friend Blaster. i love it. GW should probably start picking out championship rings. If GW is anything like that 2012 Clintwood team we might be in trouble. That was one of the toughest high school teams ive seen. They were big and they matched our toughness. That was an epic battle. We couldnt do anything but celebrate them.

Everyone's talking bout number 8,15,& 21 from GW what about 1,9,13,3,4,8,6,50,55 from Sussex your talking about three players from GW I'm talking about them players and more if I missed some from Sussex I mean these fellas can compete Sussex isn't in this spot for no Reason now don't get me wrong GW can play but everywhere they go to on the field against Sussex they will run into a athlete..... cornerback tyrese rose has pretty good defense then over the top at safety Marvin Robinson jr then another good corner Alec bailey then at middle line backers Clyde Edmond Trevon hatch and trayquan wooden and with the good D line and those two explosive ends I mean go see them play maybe everyone would see where I'm coming from lol
Hey man they are too big, too deep, and too fast for us. I'm sure little ole Sussex will be happy just to take the field with these guys.

I'm not saying any of that man I'm really not. But people have doubted everything I've said all year and it's all came true. The speed will be equal but I'm sticking to my size and strength advantage for GW. Deacon is 6'3 230 and that's our QB and he doesn't just stand in the pocket he will take off. And I saw that 2012 clintwood team in person. This GW team makes them look small in alot of areas and is just a physical and tough contrary to popular belief. No one is saying Sussex doesn't have a chance. And in the same token as some saying we can't score on that D I'm saying our O is special. So it should be a war imo GW is just built for the playoffs and teams like Sussex. We do not give running yards. For me it's really this simple "line play" and Sussex has not seen a line even a quarter as good as ours. But we will see Saturday. So please don't take my comments as disrespect twords Sussex or you there really aren't. I'm a GW fan so I'm going to give my opinion, pick my team and say what we do well. Much respect to the Tigers.

I'm not saying any of that man I'm really not. But people have doubted everything I've said all year and it's all came true. The speed will be equal but I'm sticking to my size and strength advantage for GW. Deacon is 6'3 230 and that's our QB and he doesn't just stand in the pocket he will take off. And I saw that 2012 clintwood team in person. This GW team makes them look small in alot of areas and is just a physical and tough contrary to popular belief. No one is saying Sussex doesn't have a chance. And in the same token as some saying we can't score on that D I'm saying our O is special. So it should be a war imo GW is just built for the playoffs and teams like Sussex. We do not give running yards. For me it's really this simple "line play" and Sussex has not seen a line even a quarter as good as ours. But we will see Saturday. So please don't take my comments as disrespect twords Sussex or you there really aren't. I'm a GW fan so I'm going to give my opinion, pick my team and say what we do well. Much respect to the Tigers.
Ay man yall will be the biggest and fastest team sussex has seen. I'll call you guys the team of the Gods. We won't have an answer for your O and D line nor your speed and depth. If you guys are better than that 2012 clintwood team then there is no need to play the game. Like i said we'll just be happy to take the field with such a remarkable team.

If GW Oline is that big, better not throw an interception on this defense..guaranteed 6.. unless these 250lb lineman all run 4.2 as well

Time to chime in. Oh boy. Deacon is not 6'3" 230. I seen him up close after the game I looked down on him I'm 6'3" he's a good 6'2" maybe 200 but that kid has a cannon for an arm, is accurate in the most part, and Curt better tell his defense to don't expect him to slide he will lower the shoulder quickly and initiate contact. GW line is big and in shape. I was skeptical when Blaster told me last week but when I seen them it was the truth. They are averaging tackle to tackle 6'3" 265 range and are not sloppy fat they look like an nfl te. If Sussex has any passing game at all they can hang with GW, we all know that the defense is probably the best in A. I do see Sussex defensive line getting pressure on Beamer, more than PM did. Tigers linebackers must stay at home against Beamer he will take off and is pretty quick. I do think this will be a game in the 20-34 point range but again, Sussex better play a near perfect game if they want to hold GW to 7 points. I do not see that happening. On the other side of things GW must prepare for speed, speed, and more speed. They have weapons as well maybe overall more team speed than GW. This is really a toss up for me but I am going with GW 24 Sussex 20.

Speed kills, but Galax went to Essex last year which was faster than Galax and they came away with the win. Sometimes well coached teams can contain the faster teams. Not saying that will happen in Sussex this weekend but time will tell. Good luck to both teams and may the better team prevail and both come away injury free.

Having a deep roster really doesn't mean a thing when your fresh subs are not better than the opponents players that's on the field.

Time to chime in. Oh boy. Deacon is not 6'3" 230. I seen him up close after the game I looked down on him I'm 6'3" he's a good 6'2" maybe 200 but that kid has a cannon for an arm, is accurate in the most part, and Curt better tell his defense to don't expect him to slide he will lower the shoulder quickly and initiate contact. GW line is big and in shape. I was skeptical when Blaster told me last week but when I seen them it was the truth. They are averaging tackle to tackle 6'3" 265 range and are not sloppy fat they look like an nfl te. If Sussex has any passing game at all they can hang with GW, we all know that the defense is probably the best in A. I do see Sussex defensive line getting pressure on Beamer, more than PM did. Tigers linebackers must stay at home against Beamer he will take off and is pretty quick. I do think this will be a game in the 20-34 point range but again, Sussex better play a near perfect game if they want to hold GW to 7 points. I do not see that happening. On the other side of things GW must prepare for speed, speed, and more speed. They have weapons as well maybe overall more team speed than GW. This is really a toss up for me but I am going with GW 24 Sussex 20.

I have seen Sussex on video and I do think GW will have a hard time beating them. Sussex is more physical than GW and has
a lot more team speed. I hope it is a close game. I pick Sussex to win 26 to 13.

I totally understand what you are saying Blaster. You have a right to back your team. I haven't seen anything disrespectful. Sussex fans want Sussex to win and GW fans want GW to win. Unfortunately it will be one winner according to the scoreboard. But I think they are ALL winners! Final 4 is a great accomplishment! Just my thoughts...

Having a deep roster really doesn't mean a thing when your fresh subs are not better than the opponents players that's on the field.
That's the thing any GW and I've said it all year. The subs are as good as our starters that's why it's a constant flow of new bodies. We don't just sub to do it we sub because we have the quality kids to do it. With GW is quality and quantity we don't have to pick.

I have seen Sussex on video and I do think GW will have a hard time beating them. Sussex is more physical than GW and has
a lot more team speed. I hope it is a close game. I pick Sussex to win 26 to 13.

Interesting take.

I'm not saying we win, but I am more confident in how we match up after watching a little film. You make me want to go back and watch again lol

I totally understand what you are saying Blaster. You have a right to back your team. I haven't seen anything disrespectful. Sussex fans want Sussex to win and GW fans want GW to win. Unfortunately it will be one winner according to the scoreboard. But I think they are ALL winners! Final 4 is a great accomplishment! Just my thoughts...
I agree man I wouldn't want a single Sussex or GW fan to pick against there team. We have seen our team all year just like you guys have yours. So all we can do is speak to what they do well.

The more the discussion is happening the more Sussex's speed scares me into picking them :eek::eek::eek:
They are fast no doubt but it's not enough speed to blow past GW. We are the perfect mixture of size and speed. And in order for speed to burn you it has to get past the second level or have time to throw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT