ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Sussex

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
Who you got? I'll give my full thoughts probably Monday. But I'll say this GW will be ALOT! bigger from the film I've watched. I think the speed will be even.

Altavista is a damn good football team with good size and great coaching. Sussex held their rb's to about 30 total yds. They had 95 total. Of that the monster qb had 63, of which 50 came on one play. And Vista could not stop Sussex offense. If you think GW is on a different level than Vista, you are mistaken. GW may win, but if they do it will be becuase Sussex beats itself. They had way to many costly penalties last night. I predict a close game, a toss up really. GW has not played anyone with a defense as good as Sussex, that I guarantee

I'm not taking anything away from Sussex or AV but GW is a different beast. You don't get to 12-0 by being bad. But GW will be the most high powered O and D that Sussex has seen by far. If I'm putting money on it I'd go GW we are the most complete team without question.

Reactions: Dtayl6
Sussex has proven that they have the best defense in 1a nobody has got over 20 points on them this whole season the highest was 20 in that was there first game of the season I mean people say they didn't play nobody but to me altavista was one of those better offenses they would've seen by now GW has a really good pass offense but first he would have to get the ball out his hands

Last edited:
And GW has proven they are the best O in 1A and if you go by only numbers they are the 3rd best D. Sussex pf-430 pa-125
GW pg-622 pa-160

True but I really do think our O and D lines will be a massive advantage. And I think they will be the difference in the game. With our crazy depth we have fresh bodies all night. It'll be fun to see next week.

Lol your a fan that's only reason u think that it's fine tho we will see and when Sussex comes out with the W u gotta give them respect

I'm not taking anything away from Sussex or AV but GW is a different beast. You don't get to 12-0 by being bad. But GW will be the most high powered O and D that Sussex has seen by far. If I'm putting money on it I'd go GW we are the most complete team without question.
Yea we know. GW is faster, bigger, depth will takeover in the 2nd half, best team ever, on a different level than everyone else yada yada yada. You are not on a different level than a Vista team that can play and play well against 3a and 2a playoff teams. They only lost to Dan River 28-16. Their only other losses are to Appomatox, who is on level with Phoebus, and Rustburg. Like I said, yall may very well win, but you need to seperate your personal connections and realize that you are not all that special, you are just a 1A football team that is not even undefeated

This team is on a different level than AV who is still playing? And who is playing basketball everybody gets mad and that's cool. But go look and see if I haven't been right all year. Bigger yes speed in the is game is even and depth yes we will have more. Never said they are the best ever not once have I said that. But please don't get it twisted GW has proven they can compete with the same type of teams. Get mad if you want but GW would've beat AV by 3 tds. Again I say we are the most complete team without question. And we are peaking at the perfect time there is no sense in getting pissy because most think GW will beat a team they beat you. It happens

Reactions: rebels1979
And that's fair man no need to apologize at all. You have your opinion and I have mine. That's what this place is for fans to talk about the sport we love. Best of luck to yall next week. I don't for one second think anything bad about Sussex.

This team is on a different level than AV who is still playing? And who is playing basketball everybody gets mad and that's cool. But go look and see if I haven't been right all year. Bigger yes speed in the is game is even and depth yes we will have more. Never said they are the best ever not once have I said that. But please don't get it twisted GW has proven they can compete with the same type of teams. Get mad if you want but GW would've beat AV by 3 tds. Again I say we are the most complete team without question. And we are peaking at the perfect time there is no sense in getting pissy because most think GW will beat a team they beat you. It happens
Again, no skin off my back. If yall win you wll get the internet " i told u so trophy" and a nice ring. And I hope for your sake, yall do win, if not you are going to go into a deep depression lol. I may try and join the pregame meal

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Come on up man more the better and I really won't be depressed if we don't win. Yes the title is all that matters but if GW gets beat they have nothing to hang there heads about. Anyone can beat anyone at this point that's why it's the last 4

Reactions: Bama1985
I dont think depth will be an issue. It will not be a 3hr game. Vista can run and pass as good as anyone. The problem they had, when they could not run and had to pass, they did not have time to pass. And I have seen GW qb and he is no where near as fast and shifty as Vista's. Sussex made a lot of plays in Vista's backfield and Vista's o line is no joke

Haha again keep being pissy I hate to think I had to say the team that completely shut my team down wasn't that good. You got dominated it's that simple PM ran into a team who wasn't even slightly worried about that run game. And it showed hell we could've scored again and let the clock run out. But say what you want we won by 3 TDS and will be playing at least 1 more game so I think GW will be fine. And if you're mad now get ready to be mad again next year cause most of it back again.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebels1979
I dont think depth will be an issue. It will not be a 3hr game. Vista can run and pass as good as anyone. The problem they had, when they could not run and had to pass, they did not have time to pass. And I have seen GW qb and he is no where near as fast and shifty as Vista's. Sussex made a lot of plays in Vista's backfield and Vista's o line is no joke
Again it's a difference in opinion I've heard it all year GWs depth won't play a factor. And it has every single time it's not about how long the game is. It's about how many we play when other teams line is getting wore down by the 1st set we play that's when we sub the second set. PM tried to keep up but 5 mins into the second Q there whole line was sucking wind. Depth will play a role in this game as it has all year.

We just wanna come out and play hard. If they think they have the better team...we will see saturday. Sussex isnt that good. We just keep sneaking wins really. Either way the game has to be played. I want the entire world to be against us. We play with a raging chip when people dont give us a shot.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
We just wanna come out and play hard. If they think they have the better team...we will see saturday. Sussex isnt that good. We just keep sneaking wins really. Either way the game has to be played. I want the entire world to be against us. We play with a raging chip when people dont give us a shot.
Only the trolls are fooled by that statement lol 12-0 doesn't come easy or by sneaking. You guys are legit no doubt and again I'm with you I hope everyone and there brother, mother and cousin picks against GW. It will make this game a complete war. Alot of people don't understand that these are a bunch if 16,17,18 year old kids. And with that nothing is for sure next week can't come quick enough. These 4 teams have been the top 4 teams from day 1.

2 of my new favorite names...Booger owens and Deacon Beamer. Anyway GW is big not as fast as i thought...passing game is very efficient.

Booger and Deacon are a killer duo and if you want to see the really good speed check out EJ Horton and Markell Moss

rebels1979.. Yes, we are parked however, we are parked closer to the top than your team.. Credit is given to the GW Coaching staff and players for making the appropriate adjustments before the end of the 1st quarter and executing "their" game plan.. The Blues never had a chance after G-DUBS adjustments and the brain hemorrhage of PM's OC... Even heard several of the kids after the game saying that early in the 3rd quarter they overheard the "playcaller/ OC?" for PM tell the Head Coach, "run whatever you want, just call whatever you want, I don't know what else to do".. Really? You don't know what to do?? How 'bout something other than the same play left or the same play right for goodness sake!!! I think we all know the "root" of PM's problems and it's definitely not with our kids or their efforts... Yes, Hurley was good... Yes, "The Blues" were better, and Yes, GW was even better..... Now, that being said, stop talking $hit, put the cigarette out, get back in your double wide, plant your sore a$$ in your broken recliner, turn on your 19" "big screen" TV and tune into the Hallmark channel and watch some "seasonal feel good shows" and enjoy the rest of this Holiday Season.... At home... With the rest of us that just weren't quite enough when it counted!! Please, feel free to share with honestjohn and rebelyell so I don't have to repeat myself...

rebels1979.. Yes, we are parked however, we are parked closer to the top than your team.. Credit is given to the GW Coaching staff and players for making the appropriate adjustments before the end of the 1st quarter and executing "their" game plan.. The Blues never had a chance after G-DUBS adjustments and the brain hemorrhage of PM's OC... Even heard several of the kids after the game saying that early in the 3rd quarter they overheard the "playcaller/ OC?" for PM tell the Head Coach, "run whatever you want, just call whatever you want, I don't know what else to do".. Really? You don't know what to do?? How 'bout something other than the same play left or the same play right for goodness sake!!! I think we all know the "root" of PM's problems and it's definitely not with our kids or their efforts... Yes, Hurley was good... Yes, "The Blues" were better, and Yes, GW was even better..... Now, that being said, stop talking $hit, put the cigarette out, get back in your double wide, plant your sore a$$ in your broken recliner, turn on your 19" "big screen" TV and tune into the Hallmark channel and watch some "seasonal feel good shows" and enjoy the rest of this Holiday Season.... At home... With the rest of us that just weren't quite enough when it counted!! Please, feel free to share with honestjohn and rebelyell so I don't have to repeat myself...
Oh so now it's your coached fault...lol seriously why you still blowing your horn...This is about Sussex and GW you know the teams that won Friday night..

Hrcmsthboom you are a idiot! Just another fan or parent that is trying to
Live thru your kid! game is over and it was a great football year again in Buena vista, it's just a shame that dumb asss like you bad mouth coaching staffs and don't have the nits to come forward and try and show your face you coward!

rebels1979, agreed... It is about the teams that won... I was just attempting to clarify and elaborate in response to your reply that "We were parked" to which I acknowledged.. As for whose "fault" a win or loss is, It is my belief that it's a combination of both players and Coaches, that's why it's called a TEAM!! Not sure how the Rebels operate, okay, actually I am but my point being, the goal of "most" or the "majority" of any "TEAM SPORT" the "TEAM" is taught to to execute what the Coach(es) call, run, draw up or whatever have you... THAT IS THE GOAL! Obviously as witnessed, this is NOT the case for the mighty Rebels..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT