ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime: Monticello 20 Western Albemarle 20

Re: Final: Western Albemarle 44 Monticello 37

That's promising, isn't it. Makes the term "if the Lions win out " even more relevant.

Relevant to what? Western and Monticello are Division 3, Louisa is division 4. They won't see them in the playoffs and last time checked there is no district title to win. Aside from rider points, which Louisa will get from the teams they play regardless what exactly are looking at the relevance of?

Al Davis. "Just win baby". Relevance? What happens if Louisa "just wins"? And currently, it looks like they may do just that.

The District still exists, even to the VHSL. It's on their website. Check it if you like. Not that there's a trophy but don't think these teams don't recognize it.

Still, in the current environment, the Lions will be in the playoffs and they WILL be dangerous. I think that makes them extremely relevant.

Yes, I understand all of that. The Lions were already relevant before this game ever happened and i still posit to you that there is no relevance from this game to the Lions success or failure on the season from this point forward. Of course they want to "just win, baby."

I'll have to disagree here. The lions were not relevant before this game, especially after the Powhatan performance, where they were dominated. Using Cherry as their primary offensive player. Introducing the new players they did And being so successful is an eye opener. Will the success continue? Unknown. But there is far more optimism then there was 2 weeks ago. IMO. After this weeks loss by Monticello, the Lions can win out and get a decent playoff seed.

I think they have a chance to make some noise. They get to round 3.

Yes yes yes , and then No on the last statement Shauntclair IMO. Maybe 2

Depends on how it plays out and who they play. And it's just one game with the new guys. Also, Fischer's cancer has returned. Much as I feel for him, his family and the community, this will be used as extra motivation. Ala Pagnano. Not intentional and undesired but it is a factor that will be used.

The new guys make LC dangerous. The schedule sees them winning out. They'll have a lot,of confidence come playoff time. i think their middle of the road playoff schedule gets them to game three but you could be absolutely right. We'll see. Absolute toss up here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT