ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone calculated the power points standings for any of the Class 4 Regions?

Honestly, all four. Don't spend much time on it though, because the official VHSL standings should come out this week.

If I could only see one Region, of course it would be 4B. And then 4A.

Thank you.

4B unofficial power rankings as of 9/28:
Louisa Co 27.0
Eastern View 23.2
Powhatan 22.75
Monacan 22.5
Patrick Henry (Ash) 22.4
Spotsylvania 22.4
Chancellor 21.6
Huguenot 21.0
Dinwiddie 19.5
King George 19.25
Courtland 15.8
Orange Co 15.4
Lee-Davis 15.25
George-Wythe 14.25
Hanover 14.0
Caroline 13.75

Honestly, all four. Don't spend much time on it though, because the official VHSL standings should come out this week.

If I could only see one Region, of course it would be 4B. And then 4A.

Thank you.

I'm not going to be able to fit 4A in tonight...I have to get up in a couple hours and pull 14 hours at the salt mine...lol! Hope this helps you out some DP

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Unofficial 4D power rankings as of 9/29:
Salem 28.0
EC Glass 26.5
Pulaski Co 26.0
Halifax Co 23.5
GW Danville 20.75
Jefferson Forest 19.75
Blacksburg 19.6
Amherst Co 16.0

Here you go Salemgal...not sure and this may be a Mike Salem question...since there are only 8 teams everyone in 4D may have an invitation to the playoffs? Not sure if they only take top 4 in 4D or not?

Last edited:
Salem 28.0
EC Glass 26.5
Pulaski Co 26.0
Halifax Co 23.5
GW Danville 21.0
Jefferson Forest 19.75
Blacksburg 19.6
Amherst Co 16.0

Here you go Salemgal...not sure and this may be a Mike Salem question...since there are only 8 teams everyone in 4D may have an invitation to the playoffs? Not sure if they only take top 4 in 4D or not?
All 8 qualify for the playoffs. Basically, the regular season is to figure out the seeding. 5 teams dropped from this region from last year and one was added. (Bassett,Charlottesville, Carroll, LCA, William Byrd, all dropped to C3 and Halifax Co dropped into the region from C5)

Salem 28.0
EC Glass 26.5
Pulaski Co 26.0
Halifax Co 23.5
GW Danville 21.0
Jefferson Forest 19.75
Blacksburg 19.6
Amherst Co 16.0

Thank you so much!! I’m a bit surprised bc I thought EC Glass would be ahead of Salem. I guess strength of schedule.

Reactions: VolNation85
Thank you so much!! I’m a bit surprised bc I thought EC Glass would be ahead of Salem. I guess strength of schedule.
GW Danville shocked me

Salem received a lot of rider points...but yes strength of schedule is huge it appears.

Rider points...

Nottoway is a 2A school and is 4-1 (just beat previously undefeated Amelia)
Person counts as a 4A school and is 1-4
Park View is a 3A school and is 2-1

Depending on the classifications of who those three teams have beaten also carries weight when calculating rider points. JF will now get additional rider points every time halifax wins.

Reactions: VolNation85
How is Halifax that high the lost to JF beat 2 2a schools and beat a bad Person Co team
Rider points- opponents have several wins, even if they are C2 or bad teams, those add up.
Doesn't matter they still have GW and Magna Vista to play. Blacksburg, GW, or both should end up in the top 4.

Reactions: lyhsports
Rider points...

Nottoway is a 2A school and is 4-1 (just beat previously undefeated Amelia)
Person counts as a 4A school and is 1-4
Park View is a 3A school and is 2-1

Depending on the classifications of who those three teams have beaten also carries weight when calculating rider points. JF will now get additional rider points every time halifax wins.

The classification of the opponents opponents doesn't matter.

Halifax:
Nottoway 22/8
Person 22/2
Park View 22/6
Jefferson Forest 10/2
Total 94 or 23.5
GW:
Dinwiddie 10/1
Amherst 22/2
Jefferson Forest 22/4
Tunstall 22/0
Total 83 or 20.75

Rider Points: Halifax 18 and GW 7

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
The classification of the opponents opponents doesn't matter.

Halifax:
Nottoway 22/8
Person 22/2
Park View 22/6
Jefferson Forest 10/2
Total 94 or 23.5
GW:
Dinwiddie 10/1
Amherst 22/2
Jefferson Forest 22/4
Tunstall 22/0
Total 83 or 20.75

Rider Points: Halifax 18 and GW 7
Ahhh...you caught my error on GW points off Dinwiddie Gunz...I gave them 2 points for the Dinwiddie win and should have only given 1...great catch! I corrected the error...Thanks Gunz41

Ahhh...you caught my error on GW points off Dinwiddie Gunz...I gave them 2 points for the Dinwiddie win and should have only given 1...great catch! I corrected the error...Thanks Gunz41

I wasn't trying to correct anything, just explaining to the person who said the classification of who those 3 beat matters but it doesn't at all

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT