ADVERTISEMENT

Heritage vs Brookville

Chucksteel72

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 22, 2017
After watching both of these teams take on the same opponent (Amherst), I believe Heritage will win. I'm not sure how healthy Brookville is at the moment as well. Good luck to both squads.

Heritage will take care of Brookville rather easily. Of course they have Davis but, Blake has really been throwing the ball well lately. And their defense is really stout too. It doesn’t help that Brookville has so many injuries either.

All I know is, the winner of the Region C/Region D semi final game will win the state championship.

Last edited:
Who gets home field next week ?
Heritage is home versus Brookville this week but if you are talking about the semi-finals then it's the team with the highest end of season rating. In this case, if Staunton River wins, they would host the winner of Heritage/Brookville because they had a higher rating than both. But if Lord Botetourt wins, then the winner of Heritage/Brookville would host Lord Botetourt because both Heritage and Brookville had a higher rating than LB.

Reactions: HokieTDTech
If SR beats LB there will be plenty of room on the visitors side for the semifinal game. Especially if Heritage is the opponent lol.
It is something that i have never understood about Heritage. They have always had competitive teams and have had several really good teams yet they never have had a great fan base! I played on the Heritage 2002 state championship team and I remember us winning every week yet hardly anyone came to the games. The only games that were packed were the Glass game (of course), and the State Championship game. We finished that year 13-1 and never had more than 1,000 people at a home game I bet.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
It is something that i have never understood about Heritage. They have always had competitive teams and have had several really good teams yet they never have had a great fan base! I played on the Heritage 2002 state championship team and I remember us winning every week yet hardly anyone came to the games. The only games that were packed were the Glass game (of course), and the State Championship game. We finished that year 13-1 and never had more than 1,000 people at a home game I bet.
I was at the Briarwood and Heritage State game at LU and BW had more than Heritage

Didn't Liberty win division 3 state title that year as well as you guys winning division 4?

Didn't Liberty win division 3 state title that year as well as you guys winning division 4?
Yep, that's right. Liberty was 6-4 in the regular season that year, I think. Our one loss was week 3 to Magna Vista but we beat them in the state semis later that year.

Yep, that's right. Liberty was 6-4 in the regular season that year, I think. Our one loss was week 3 to Magna Vista but we beat them in the state semis later that year.
I'm a Liberty graduate. My oldest kid graduated from Liberty in 07. I moved the family from North Bedford to South Bedford at the beginning of her senior year and she commuted to Liberty because of friends. Both my son's graduated from Staunton River. The youngest 2 years ago. I attended quite a few Liberty games and probably watched you play. After 10 years on this side of the county I'm all Black and Gold lol. Because of both of my son's involvement in sports I made quite a few friends here that still have kids at the school. It's great seeing them competitive in almost all sports at SR. They have had their fair share of lean years.

Reactions: VolNation85
Volnation, y'all actually finished 14-0 that year as Magna Vista had to forfeit all their wins that year due to an ineligible player. I remember the semi-final game though, I helped clear alot of ice and snow off the field the night before. Huge snow banks on the sides of the field and a very good game on top of that like 34-27, 31-24, remember it was a 1 score game. Heritage was very good that year.

I'm a Liberty graduate. My oldest kid graduated from Liberty in 07. I moved the family from North Bedford to South Bedford at the beginning of her senior year and she commuted to Liberty because of friends. Both my son's graduated from Staunton River. The youngest 2 years ago. I attended quite a few Liberty games and probably watched you play. After 10 years on this side of the county I'm all Black and Gold lol. Because of both of my son's involvement in sports I made quite a few friends here that still have kids at the school. It's great seeing them competitive in almost all sports at SR. They have had their fair share of lean years.
You are right about that, they have seen their fair share of lean years. SR was always who we scheduled for homecoming. My how times have changed.

Volnation, y'all actually finished 14-0 that year as Magna Vista had to forfeit all their wins that year due to an ineligible player. I remember the semi-final game though, I helped clear alot of ice and snow off the field the night before. Huge snow banks on the sides of the field and a very good game on top of that like 34-27, 31-24, remember it was a 1 score game. Heritage was very good that year.
Technically we did finish 14-0 but I never counted the forfeit win. Yes MV had an ineligible player the first time we played but he was not a factor in the game so, I still counted that loss. The way I see it, MV won the game on the field the first go round, we just won the most important game.

That MV team was unbelievably talented. I had the unfortunate responsibility of blocking Cory Robertson all day when we were on offense and spying BJ Jumper all day when we were on defense. I still have never seen a human being as big as Cory Robertson be as quick as he was!

Last edited:
Had a son who was a soph on that team. Didn't play much that year because they were so talented. Cory was unreal, 6'3" 280 in hs and could dunk a basketball standing flatfoot under the basket. Had a good career at Va Tech. Jumper was a man also. 2 good games that year between 2 good teams. And yeah the ineligible player was a non factor all year but he was illegal so it was what it was.

I think the Pioneers win this one by 2-3 tds. Heritage will have to make a ton of mistakes and Brookville will have to be nearly perfect to have any shot to win this game.The Bees have good balance on offense but their defense is just not stout enough to stop Heritage. I know Glass beat them earlier in the year but they are the only team Heritage has played that matches up with them athletically. To beat Heritage you had better have a balanced offense and one hell of a defense because a one dimensional team has no shot to beat them.

I think the Pioneers win this one by 2-3 tds. Heritage will have to make a ton of mistakes and Brookville will have to be nearly perfect to have any shot to win this game.The Bees have good balance on offense but their defense is just not stout enough to stop Heritage. I know Glass beat them earlier in the year but they are the only team Heritage has played that matches up with them athletically. To beat Heritage you had better have a balanced offense and one hell of a defense because a one dimensional team has no shot to beat them.
Montchello was averaging over 40pts a game. Brookville held them to 15. I believe the bees defense is playing very well at the moment. Put that along with the fact that Davis didn't run all over the bees the way he has other teams and I think this is closer than you think.

Lol 1985 I hope you are right and I am wrong just trying to be realistic about the Bees chances Friday night.
I'm hoping for the same. I know that the bees are underdogs, and rightfully so. Heritage is very good and should win. I just wouldn't take the bees lightly. I think heritage will show up focused and ready. It's a good thing they have to actually PLAY the game, because some of the people on this page think it's a forgone conclusion. We all know better. You have to actually show up and play. Not a single vhsl game has been won or lost on this page, and thank goodness for that. Lol

I'm a fan of balance indeed. But I think a one dimensional offense can have success as long as they are fundamentally sound and don't get behind the sticks on down and distance. Your defense definitely has to get stops and to me it starts with limiting Davis and make them beat you trying to throw. Shorten the game by 1st downing them to death. Throw in a trick play here or there. Limit their offensive possessions.

The biggest thing that scares me, outside of Davis, is something that bfootball touched on. Brookville has to play mistake free. That's not something I have a ton of faith in. This is a great group that is tough and resilient, but they can be very undisciplined at times. Often in key situations. That can't happen this week if they expect to win. Heritage is capable of beating Brookville without help from Brookville so playing mistake free will be key. I don't think they have to play a perfect game, but close to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT