ADVERTISEMENT

Heritage vs Hopewell

Who wins

• Heritage

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • Hopewell

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters
defense win games, in championship games on a neutral field anything can happen. just like heritage has good players Hopewell also has good player so the bottom line is the team who plays the best defense and has the fewest mistakes will probably will the game that's the bottom line.

I like Heritage but not by more than 4-5 points. Two all state, D1 caliber running backs win homerun ability. The key will be play calling and QB play. Running backs will have targets on their backs but which QB will execute and be most efficient. Also, will Heritage play more lineman both ways to slow down Hopewell? Will Hopewell counter Heritage’s size with speed or trick-eration?

@OCBoy on another thread you mentioned that Heritage was going to crush Hopewell. You don't think this is going to be a game? I heard they scrimmaged this year already and it was a close one.
Hopewell has played a hard schedule for a 3A team.

Heritage lost a close one to Glass but outside of that they haven't seen the level of comp that Hopewell has seen.

Now I am leaning towards Heritage to win the game bc I think number 11 is out of this world good.

Hopewell has a very good back and QB and a few other good skill players as well. Just curious why you are so confident Heritage is going to blow them out.

Heritage will win this game. The best back in the state is going to rip through Hopewell. 300+ yards... +14 point win. State championship. I've been telling you guys all year.

I heard more than one guru say that the Heritage vs SR game was the state championship game.
But i recall last year when most thought SR would beat Blacksburg.

So true HR6... I don't know that anyone other than Blacksburg fans really gave them a shot in that game but they surprised.

If someone told you when Hopewell was 6-4 having dropped their last three regular season games that they would be playing this Saturday, most would have said no way. If not for a touchdown in the closing seconds of the game Saturday, Hopewell would have allowed 7 or fewer against 3 straight in the playoffs; Phoebus 6, York 6 and James Monroe 14(2nd td came with 34.5 left in the game).

So true HR6... I don't know that anyone other than Blacksburg fans really gave them a shot in that game but they surprised.

If someone told you when Hopewell was 6-4 having dropped their last three regular season games that they would be playing this Saturday, most would have said no way. If not for a touchdown in the closing seconds of the game Saturday, Hopewell would have allowed 7 or fewer against 3 straight in the playoffs; Phoebus 6, York 6 and James Monroe 14(2nd td came with 34.5 left in the game).

Not sure if any of those teams they held to a TD recently are any good though. I think Pheobus is decent. They were undefeated but the Peninsula district was the weakest I have ever seen. James Monroe and York IDK.

Now Heritage damn near took down Glass. The question is how is Glass in comparison to Dinwiddie / Thomas Dale etc. - Hopewell didn't do too well against those.

I think Heritage is the favorite but I think Hopewell will battle pretty good. I don't see a blowout here. I think it will be a close game.

Heritage is too fast and strong for Hopewell. I just can't see Hopewell standing a chance in this game. Hopewell is too young in some critical positions and heritage is going to expose them. SR/Heritage in my opinion should have been the state championship game. Not hating on the east just stating facts.

Heritage is too fast and strong for Hopewell. I just can't see Hopewell standing a chance in this game. Hopewell is too young in some critical positions and heritage is going to expose them. SR/Heritage in my opinion should have been the state championship game. Not hating on the east just stating facts.
ita

The west is certainly stronger than the east in 3a IMO. But it is one game. I think you have every right to be confident based on how Heritage has played this season. Elijah is a difference maker and may be the best back in the state.

its no need to debate with so p

Heritage held SR to 35.. i dont see hopewell scoring more than that.. davis will be too much to handle for 4 quarters, just like hes been all year.. 42-21 Pioneers..

@OCBoy on another thread you mentioned that Heritage was going to crush Hopewell. You don't think this is going to be a game? I heard they scrimmaged this year already and it was a close one.
Hopewell has played a hard schedule for a 3A team.

Heritage lost a close one to Glass but outside of that they haven't seen the level of comp that Hopewell has seen.

Now I am leaning towards Heritage to win the game bc I think number 11 is out of this world good.

Hopewell has a very good back and QB and a few other good skill players as well. Just curious why you are so confident Heritage is going to blow them out.[/QUOTE

First let me say that I am not a Heritage fan so my opinion is unbiased. Now, I'm not discrediting Hopwell but, I disagree that Heritage hasn't seen the competition that Hopewell has. Heritage gave 2X soon to be 3X defending 2A champ, Appomattox their only loss of the season, plus they played in a district that put 7 of 8 teams in the playoffs. I have seen Glass, Dinwiddie, and Dale and I believe that Glass is just as good maybe better than both. I haven't seen Meadowbrook play so I can't speak for them but, to say that Heritage hasn't played the level of competition that Hopewell has simply isn't accurate.

I say all that to say that, Heritage should win but I'm not sure by how much. It could be a blowout in Heritage's favor or it could be a close game. We'll find out soon.

Not sure if any of those teams they held to a TD recently are any good though. I think Pheobus is decent. They were undefeated but the Peninsula district was the weakest I have ever seen. James Monroe and York IDK.

Now Heritage damn near took down Glass. The question is how is Glass in comparison to Dinwiddie / Thomas Dale etc. - Hopewell didn't do too well against those.

I think Heritage is the favorite but I think Hopewell will battle pretty good. I don't see a blowout here. I think it will be a close game.

First let me say that I am not a Heritage fan so my opinion is unbiased. Now, I'm not discrediting Hopwell but, I disagree that Heritage hasn't seen the competition that Hopewell has. Heritage gave 2X soon to be 3X defending 2A champ, Appomattox their only loss of the season, plus they played in a district that put 7 of 8 teams in the playoffs. I have seen Glass, Dinwiddie, and Dale and I believe that Glass is just as good maybe better than both. I haven't seen Meadowbrook play so I can't speak for them but, to say that Heritage hasn't played the level of competition that Hopewell has simply isn't accurate.

I say all that to say that, Heritage should win but I'm not sure by how much. It could be a blowout in Heritage's favor or it could be a close game.

We'll find out soon enough.

I say all that to say that, Heritage should win but I'm not sure by how much. It could be a blowout in Heritage's favor or it could be a close game.

I guess if Hopewell win hermitage fans would commit suicide.

I do not think that Heritage could beat Dale or Dinwiddie but I do think they would beat Meadowbrook and IC Norcom... certainly wasn't suggesting that Heritage played a week Schedule. I just think if they swapped schedules Heritage IMO would have 2 losses. However that is just my humble opinion and far from factual. I think Hopewell would have probably had 2-3 losses if they played Heritages schedule

The difficulty level of the schedules is certainly debatable either way.

I just don't think it is going to be a blowout. That is all I am saying. The rest is just stuff for us to debate to kill time before kick off.

I do believe that Elijah Davis is the best back in the state and Heritage is the favorite.

I do not think that Heritage could beat Dale or Dinwiddie but I do think they would beat Meadowbrook and IC Norcom... certainly wasn't suggesting that Heritage played a week Schedule. I just think if they swapped schedules Heritage IMO would have 2 losses. However that is just my humble opinion and far from factual. I think Hopewell would have probably had 2-3 losses if they played Heritages schedule

The difficulty level of the schedules is certainly debatable either way.

I just don't think it is going to be a blowout. That is all I am saying. The rest is just stuff for us to debate to kill time before kick off.

I do believe that Elijah Davis is the best back in the state and Heritage is the favorite.

I think that is the argument most are making... Either team could win but so many seem to think it is going to be a Heritage decisive or blowout win and I just don't think that will be the case. As you say, we will find out soon enough, just a few more days.

Anyone know how Hopewell is in the turnover category? Are they plus or minus? I don't know what Heritage's exact stats are but I believe that it's been since game 4 against Glass since they had they're last offensive turnover (fumble or interception). They are one of the most efficient offenses that I've seen in high school in a long time. They run the ball a ton plus they don't really throw any high risk passes. They rarely throw anything over the middle of the field. They mainly throw bubble screens and fade routes, both are very high percentage throws which are usually caught by the receiver or not at all.

I'm curious to know what Hopewell's ball security or play calling (the types of plays) is like. Big games are usually impacted by turnovers. Will that be the difference this Saturday? If so, in whose favor?

I think that is the argument most are making... Either team could win but so many seem to think it is going to be a Heritage decisive or blowout win and I just don't think that will be the case. As you say, we will find out soon enough, just a few more days.

Are you going to be there on Sat?

Seeing how my wife (ex) and oldest daughter graduated from Heritage and i live within eye sight of the school i will have to go with Heritage winning by 2 td's. It will be nice having 2 state champions in the area and low and behold just think about the hype next year when two defending champions from the same area only 25 miles apart play against each other. Now that is going to create a ruckus lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT