ADVERTISEMENT

History lesson on the so called "Prognosticator", bandwagon fan!

Aug 24, 2007
I figured he'd chime in on the Glenvar/Giles post below. So let me enlighten some of you that maybe have only been participating on these boards for a couple years or so. In the beginning, Ol Prog was a big Graham follower. At that time, Graham was AA or Div.3, or whatever the system was back then. And Graham was a very historically successful program. Then after some coaching changes and some lean years at Graham, well Ol Prog was all of a sudden a huge Floyd Co. fan. Floyds program was in a good cycle of athletes and competing for state titles. He was die hard Buffalo. Then as you might of guessed, Floyd went on a down cycle and hasn't been competitive for 4 or 5 years now. So Graham hadn't quite found their way back to prominence yet, Ol Prog does the unthinkable for a Graham guy, and starts taking up for Bluefild, WV and crowing about how great the Beavers are. Now Graham seems to be on the rise again, so guess where Ol Prog is now. Sounds like Glenvar might be his team to fall back on if Graham starts struggling again, the Highlanders are in a pretty good cycle right now

Some people like to run their mouth when they don't know what they are talking about. Right, Wrongo-Dingo???

Pretty sure Prog went to Graham, taught at Floyd Co. and Smyth Co. schools, and lives in Bluefield, WV.

But what do I know?

Reactions: Ryan4VT
Some people like to run their mouth when they don't know what they are talking about. Right, Wrongo-Dingo???

Pretty sure Prog went to Graham, taught at Floyd Co. and Smyth Co. schools, and lives in Bluefield, WV.

But what do I know?
so you and your girl friend there want to call me an idiot and wrong, while verifying everything I posted was right is hilarious. I don't care if Ol Prog wants to switch his favorite team every few years, according to where he lives or works, or who's supposed to be good this year. But the one thing he is consistent on is whenever there is a back and forth between Giles supporters and anybody else on this board, at that time, he always throws his two cents worth in bashing Giles, even though he has no dog in the fight. Now if he is a true Graham follower at heart, I don't get the Giles bashing. These two programs don't have a long history head to head. If my memory is correct 6 regular season games, Giles winning 4, and 2 play-off games, splitting 1-1. No long rivalry, no bad blood between the communities. But like you said, "some people like to run their mouth".

boy Giles loses a few games in a row and the Pearisburgians get their panties all in a wad. It's ok little wingers it's only high school football. It'll be over in 2 months and contrary to what you may have been brought up to believe - life WILL go on.

boy Giles loses a few games in a row and the Pearisburgians get their panties all in a wad. It's ok little wingers it's only high school football. It'll be over in 2 months and contrary to what you may have been brought up to believe - life WILL go on.

I support Giles. I myself support several schools. Those I know the students at. Coaching travel soccer and being involved in HS athletics will do that. I will agree though that some (a small faction) of Giles fans have to learn to lose with a little more grace and dignity. I like to tell the story of having a 50+ year old gentleman get in my face after the Glenvar loss last season and scream "WHEN GILES LOSES,IT IS THE REFS FAULT!" That says all I need to

I went to Graham. Have family and friends that have played at Graham. From Grandparents to brothers and nephews. I moved away and was a huge Floyd County fan while I lived there, I love that place and have the utmost respect for Coach Beale and his staff, they are first class all the way and he truly cares for those kids success....and now I'm back in Bluefield and STILL a Graham fan. I wouldn't call it being a band wagon fan. I still like to see the Buffs do well. I have always been and always will be a Graham fan. Any Graham fan worth his salt will tell you that they cheer for Bluefield when they are not playing Graham. I have a child that went to Graham and I now live on the Bluefield side and have one going to Bluefield. You can call me a bandwagon fan if you wish, however.....

As far as Giles bashing. I complained about the referees at the Graham game, they stunk. I don't agree with the train horn during huddles and stuff. I have said numerous good things about Giles over the years. They are a great team with a great tradition. I've been posting on here for years, I can't always agree with everything that everybody says. Sorry, if I offended you in any way. I just love high school football. Sometimes I try to be funny and have a sense of humor about things, definitely not trying to offend anybody or belittle their team.

This is my last post. I've enjoyed the banter over the years. I like to talk about football and have a laugh or two here and there. Board has gotten way too personal lately for me. I'll continue to read and keep up with teams, but will keep my opinion to myself. It seems like I'm defending what I post on here way too much, not enjoyable or fun for me anymore. Good luck to all of your teams and many successes.

Last edited:
Sup Prognosticator,

I hope you stay on brother. You obviously love high school football like all of us on this site (that provides a communication tool for the statewide sports community). You provide great analysis & discussion of the game from out your way (way West to me!).

I am sure many posters enjoy & respect your valued input & occasional wit. If they don't like your input, who cares. Just move on and let them have the last word if needed. I can tell you don't mind a good debate, so just enjoy it like you usually do.

However, if they go personal (which, of course, is a sign that you have already won the debate factually...) just laugh, ignore, and go on to the next topic.

Like many posters on this site, I support more than one team as well (actually all of the NND teams). My main teams are Northumberland, Essex, and Rappahannock because those are the places where I live, work, play, worship, and have family and friends. In 2A, I pull for KW, W&L & Goochland. I used to enjoy the rivalry between Essex & Gretna etc.

Lastly, back in the middle of the 2012 season, I posted what I thought was a respectful post just stating my opinions about how I thought Essex was really strong and most likely better than most 2A teams (especially in the passing game) including probably Giles etc.

Man, a few people came out of nowhere and attacked me as having no football knowledge at all etc..(hey, we all are wrong on occasion so I just laughed at some of the name calling and keep going).

BTW, if any of those readers are still around, check out my thread on the impressive last 5 years for Essex on the 1A board...

Anyway, enjoy discussing the game we all love, stay on brother!

Last edited:
Reactions: kevtodd5
Of course i have not always agreed with you Prog.... but i have enjoyed your opinions and thoughts for years here and on another much better board that we both know very well. Forget the jerks and keep doing what you have always done. Most of us here enjoy your posts....Razor

I blame Rod...;-)

BTW, I personally know Prog and have for many, many years. All that he and Hi-Fi have posted is fact. Just sayin'...

Hey, roothead! Didn't think you posted over here anymore. What are you doing? Slumming? What's the deal with you and that Rod fella, anyway?

Why? Board isn't anything like it used to be and this ole boy misses that. One of the reasons I don't come on here and post much anymore...

The board may not be as good as it once was (hey, isn't that a Tobey Keith song ha) but as far as I know it is still the best communication tool for the Virginia high school sports community, at least for football and maybe basketball.

Yes, I miss the old ways too and participation did indeed take a major hit. Over on 1A we have built back a fairly good football group.

Always enjoy your input pawfan. I (as we all do) just enjoy discussing football and trying to figure out what may happen down the road plus supporting the kids and community.

Yes, as kevtodd5 said, forget the jerks. Well, actually they can be funny (amusing) as s--- sometimes!

Reactions: kevtodd5
I went to Graham. Have family and friends that have played at Graham. From Grandparents to brothers and nephews. I moved away and was a huge Floyd County fan while I lived there, I love that place and have the utmost respect for Coach Beale and his staff, they are first class all the way and he truly cares for those kids success....and now I'm back in Bluefield and STILL a Graham fan. I wouldn't call it being a band wagon fan. I still like to see the Buffs do well. I have always been and always will be a Graham fan. Any Graham fan worth his salt will tell you that they cheer for Bluefield when they are not playing Graham. I have a child that went to Graham and I now live on the Bluefield side and have one going to Bluefield. You can call me a bandwagon fan if you wish, however.....

As far as Giles bashing. I complained about the referees at the Graham game, they stunk. I don't agree with the train horn during huddles and stuff. I have said numerous good things about Giles over the years. They are a great team with a great tradition. I've been posting on here for years, I can't always agree with everything that everybody says. Sorry, if I offended you in any way. I just love high school football. Sometimes I try to be funny and have a sense of humor about things, definitely not trying to offend anybody or belittle their team.

This is my last post. I've enjoyed the banter over the years. I like to talk about football and have a laugh or two here and there. Board has gotten way too personal lately for me. I'll continue to read and keep up with teams, but will keep my opinion to myself. It seems like I'm defending what I post on here way too much, not enjoyable or fun for me anymore. Good luck to all of your teams and many successes.
Hope you dont go Prog, I have enjoyed reading ya post throughout the time i have been posting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT