ADVERTISEMENT

Hopewell vs Lord Botetourt

ELxX0jzWkAAZg_N

Reactions: BlueDevil55
Already. They looked focused then and they flat out made plays all game yesterday.
They had a bad taste in their mouth after last year and they were being counted out so they were playing without pressure.

I hate to say I told you so. I went to the game, and LB could not match the speed and power of Hopewell. Yeah LB has some big lineman but they could not block Hopewell. I give Rice credit. He ran hard but took a beating that game.

Reactions: CRF4Dan and aw19752
Sounds as if LB had problem a lot of those ground and pound teams have in playoffs. When they face a good team, they run into a wall.
Spread it out and throw the ball.

Sounds as if LB had problem a lot of those ground and pound teams have in playoffs. When they face a good team, they run into a wall.
Not necessarily hit a wall from running. Hopewell did the same thing pound the ball. It wasn't that LB couldn't run the ball with #4 Rice. Either they fumbled or got a penalty that put them in passing situations. If they could have stayed on schedule probably could have been closer. But #4 Henderson for Hopewell was too much for them to handle to say no penalties/fumbles would have been a different result.

Thanks @CRF4Dan for stats:
Lord Botetourt was 4 of 14 with 2 interception and a total of 37 yards!
Hopewell was 3 of 8 with 1 interception and a total of 53 yards and 1 touchdown.

As you can see neither could throw the ball well. Hopewell's 1 INT resulted in a pick 6 for LB. Both pounded the ball.

Last edited:
I would say we had a lot to do with the fumbles and penalties. I said before the game our fast Dline would be too much for the big oline of LB. We are fast off of the ball and all they can do is hold as they go by. Even without the penalties and fumbles 3 Cox and 32 Williams lived in the backfield the entire afternoon.

I would say we had a lot to do with the fumbles and penalties. I said before the game our fast Dline would be too much for the big oline of LB. We are fast off of the ball and all they can do is hold as they go by. Even without the penalties and fumbles 3 Cox and 32 Williams lived in the backfield the entire afternoon.
Of course Hopewell had a lot to do with the fumbles and penalties. I was pulling for Hopewell so by no means am I making excuses for LB. I think the score could have been worse. Hopewell had a pick 6 and fumbled on the 1 yard line before halftime. So could have very easily been 42-0. Calm down BlueDevil55 lol. You're state champs again you can turn down the intensity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT