ADVERTISEMENT

How 'bout them Flyin' Flucos?!

Looks like the new coach knows what he's doing. He did learn from really good coaches at other schools. Since 3A is pretty week, they'll probably make it to the playoffs. Beating a 5a team can't hurt...and they should be 4a Charlottesville.

He coached Fluvanna's JV for a while, and I was pretty impressed with them, they just kept having kids leave for FUMA. Hopefully now more of the kids will stick around and build something, winning helps.

Last edited:
I can't believe grown men want to take the time to bash a high school football team that is doing so much.

They are 5-1. The last time they won 5 games in a season was 2005. If they can win one more (admittedly a tough task, but there is another winnable game on their schedule) they can have a winning season for the first time since 2001.

They are not winning easy, but they are beating teams they just haven't been able to compete with at all in recent years. They beat Orange for only the second time since 1949. They had dropped six in a row to Charlottesville and 16 in a row to Monticello before this year's wins.

They will probably make the playoffs for the first time since 2000. If they could manage a win in the playoffs it would be the first one since 1985.

You can't really go wrong praising kids. I am happy for what they have accomplished this year. It is hard to turn around a program that has been down as long as they have. To me it is the feel good story of the season so far.

Powhatan is up this week, and it will take a Herculean effort for them to pull of this win, but I bet they give Powhatan the best game they have in years. They haven't been within one score of the Indians since they last beat them in 1990. That's right, no kid on the team has been alive since they kept a game close versus Powhatan.

I wish them luck with their remaining schedule.

I hope Powhatan does not have any plays like coach Hank Norton used to have, like throwing the ball on the opening kickoff return. I also remember you saying after the 3rd game of Fluvanna's 2000 season that they didn't have any running game. They went on to win 9 games in a row before losing to Orange by 2 points when they missed 2- 40 yrds. field goals in the last 4 min. of the game. Fluvanna Coach's Brother scored 23 touchdowns that season. Must of had some running game. They still do.

That’s the problem on here now people get butt hurt over the smallest pettiest things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT