ADVERTISEMENT

How good is EV...really?

The view is a excellent football team but my problem with them is they have beat every opponent by the 35 point running clock slaughter rule! This is not their fault but when they get in the playoffs against the much better teams and fall behind how will they react by never being behind all year! when they look up in the 4th qtr with 3minutes left losing by a TD will they press or panic and over compensate and make mistakes? will they try and do too much and play not within themselves? By playing with a 80 percent effort and beating much lesser talented teams can they turn it up a notch to beat the good playoff teams in the playoffs? All fair questions that soon will be answered!

How will EV match up with the Generals or Monocan? Good question but how will Louisa match up with them? EV is balanced offensively and seems to have a pretty good defense. (They have not seen an offense close to those two schools, we are all well aware) Even if Louisa has "improved" their passing game I would not call them balanced. Therefore I dont see them trying to man up and bully any of these other 3 teams honestly because they coaching staffs are going to make adjustments to make them throw the football. I dont think they can throw it on any of these three. So where I am going with this post is....everyone says that EV cant play with The Generals or Monocan, well Louisa is yet to see an offense as good as these two, so why does everyone think they can play with them? All this talk about EV and Louisa is annoying becuase they wont see eachother (unless they are all better than everyone thinks) Lets Talk about EV/Din/Mon or Louisa/Din/Mon....

Reactions: OCBoy
Louisa's offense did fine against Monacan last year with the backup QB. Offense hasn't been the problem the last two years. How about instead of nitpicking Louisa's offense, y'all nitpick the defense for once?

Last edited:
Agree... Louisa’s undo-ing last season was on the defensive side of the ball. They have enough firepower to put up 25-30 points a game against 90% of teams. All 3 of the other region B powerhouses have good very good offenses. I can tell you that both Monacan and Dinwiddie have well balanced attacks. Stacking the box or commiting to stopping the pass will be challenging. From the tape I have seen on EV they are very explosive as well and were Swiss cheesing through those battlefield defenses. Louisa has been Bull-dozing over opponents and seemingly scoring at will. Defense maybe what wins this region. We know everybody can score.

I think we find out a lot in the east tonight with C’ville vs Louisa and KF vs DC.

Excited for tonight!

Agree... Louisa’s undo-ing last season was on the defensive side of the ball. They have enough firepower to put up 25-30 points a game against 90% of teams. All 3 of the other region B powerhouses have good very good offenses. I can tell you that both Monacan and Dinwiddie have well balanced attacks. Stacking the box or commiting to stopping the pass will be challenging. From the tape I have seen on EV they are very explosive as well and were Swiss cheesing through those battlefield defenses. Louisa has been Bull-dozing over opponents and seemingly scoring at will. Defense maybe what wins this region. We know everybody can score.

I think we find out a lot in the east tonight with C’ville vs Louisa and KF vs DC.

Excited for tonight!
Yes...I believe it will eventually come down to who can make enough stops. Turnovers will tell the tale.

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT