ADVERTISEMENT

HSHS at Manchester

I'm reading so much about the possibility of the HC's squander and hardly no respect for HSHS and their effort to put up 26 unanswered points from 16 down! How MHS's coaches and players squandered their lead is subjective, Loren Johnson & Co. did ANOTHER masterful job in adjustments on offense and defense and the players performed virtually error free (unlike the 1st half)!

I'm reading so much about the possibility of the HC's squander and hardly no respect for HSHS and their effort to put up 26 unanswered points from 16 down! How MHS's coaches and players squandered their lead is subjective, Loren Johnson & Co. did ANOTHER masterful job in adjustments on offense and defense and the players performed virtually error free (unlike the 1st half)!
Love to see Highland Springs do well know the coaches very well But why are there fans so cocky. HSHS got there ass kicked the first half lets be real. Champions do what Champions do they came back and won the game.

Just finished watching the game on the link Matt put up (thanks, Matt!). As acoles said, champions do what they have to do to win games, but after the first 20 minutes or so of the game, that game was Manchester's to win and they couldn't do it, especially after Highland Springs gifted them those turnovers. The second HS TD on the punt return was terrible coverage by Manchester. As many have already said, what was Manchester thinking when they appeared to mismanage the last 1-2 minutes of the half and come away with not even a sniff at the end zone, particularly after #23 about had his way up to that point? #23 also lost 40-50 more yards on account of his teammates when they got those two holding penalties.

Love to see Highland Springs do well know the coaches very well But why are there fans so cocky. HSHS got there ass kicked the first half lets be real. Champions do what Champions do they came back and won the game.

No one on this post has been cocky we were just stating the obvious. The first fumble was caused by a sack. But after reviewing the game on YouTube you could clearly see the qb and running back had exchange issues on the other 2 fumbles. This was not mentioned to discredit Manchester defense because for the first half those boys we're sticking our players. They capitalized on the points like good teams do but I highly doubt we will be gifting turnovers like that in the playoffs. Don't confuse our confidence with cockiness.

Yes they did get their ass kicked in the 1st half! They were beating themselves mostly! Manchester was able to capitalize on our uncharicteristic mistakes. Good teams do that! Both of these teams are good teams, no doubt! Ummm, did I say something cocky? What was it, if I did? All I try to do is state facts!

Last edited:
Yes they did get their ass kicked in the 1st half! They were beating themselves mostly! Manchester was able to capitalize on our uncharicteristic mistakes. Good teams do that! Both of these teams are good teams, no doubt! Ummm, did I say something cocky? What was it, if I did? All I try to do is state facts!
You did tell me that you would rip my arm off and beat me with the bloody end if I took the last Oreo! Isn't that being cocky?

Reactions: springer76
There are plenty of threads on here filled with HS fan cockiness. Just because it's slightly toned down in this one thread, it doesn't give y'all a pass. I just wonder if any of y'all besides springer76 were fans before this big run.

There are plenty of threads on here filled with HS fan cockiness. Just because it's slightly toned down in this one thread, it doesn't give y'all a pass. I just wonder if any of y'all besides springer76 were fans before this big run.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Your team is a 4a team and you stay in our post trolling. You came into our posts stating that Louisa could beat HSHS. Now if that isn't cocky I don't know what is. You don't see me, Springer 76, on the post guaranteeing a state championship this year now that would be cocky. Our fans are just passionate and confident. Don't get it twisted.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
@Thomasddev HS fans have called for 5 straight many times. And I've never told a varsity team to play our JV like HS fans have. And I'm sorry you take it as trolling, but I'm stating what's in the heart, and heck, you'd really hate if I said what I think about a Louisa/HS matchup after what I saw Friday. It's too bad it won't happen.

@Thomasddev HS fans have called for 5 straight many times. And I've never told a varsity team to play our JV like HS fans have. And I'm sorry you take it as trolling, but I'm stating what's in the heart, and heck, you'd really hate if I said what I think about a Louisa/HS matchup after what I saw Friday. It's too bad it won't happen.
Lmao! State your thoughts! What you saw Friday night was something you’ve never seen....A CHAMPIONS HEART! You have to actually WIN a title first! You see....HSHS has a drive for five! You’re not even the favorites in your own division. You saw a defense allow 47 TOTAL yards of offense in the second half. You saw the depth take its toll in the second half. You saw an offense uncharacteristically turn the ball over 3 times,yet STILL able to score the last 26 points of the game. They did ALL this vs the defending 6A State Champions,not Orange or Charlottesville high schools. You saw a team that you could only WISH to be respected like! Highland Springs is the first & last names of the best team in the state,and all they do is prove it over & over again. 36 STRAIGHT TIMES NOW! Don’t wish that loss on your kids like that!

Reactions: Thomasddev
@HooSprings ok here you go. If HS had played that kind of first half against us, we would've led 28-0 at halftime at the least, and not turn scared and let off the gas.

This Manchester is good but nothing like the last 3 teams they had. Louisa's offense is waaaaaaaaay better than Manchester's this year. More athletes and weapons, MUCH better running game, completely opposite and unpredictable play calling, more team speed, better in-game coaching and adjustments, and a different level of physicality and mental toughness. Y'all couldn't stop a one man offense, he stopped himself. We have a host of beast runners and would've run up and down the field all day, attacked the edges even better than MHS did, and we also have a passing game. Our D line is as good or better than Manchester's. #55 Night Train Williams and freshman #56 Qwenton Spellman would've lived in the HS backfield and our defense would've had your QB running for his life all game in a bad way. Our punting game and coverage is much better than Manchester's too. Varina has to be kicking themselves for not putting Manchester away when they had the chances.

We aren't the favorites by SOME people in our class because our class is DEEPER than Class 5. EC Glass, Broad Run and Salem would beat Manchester this year. And the Class 4 board is dominated by folks out west so it's biased anyway, just like this board is mostly cocky bandwagon HS fans.

Last edited:
@HooSprings ok here you go. If HS had played that kind of first half against us, we would've led 28-0 at halftime at the least, and not turn scared and let off the gas.

This Manchester is good but nothing like the last 3 teams they had. Louisa's offense is waaaaaaaaay better than Manchester's this year. More athletes and weapons, MUCH better running game, completely opposite and unpredictable play calling, more team speed, better in-game coaching and adjustments, and a different level of physicality and mental toughness. Y'all couldn't stop a one man offense, he stopped himself. We have a host of beast runners and would've run up and down the field all day, attacked the edges even better than MHS did, and we also have a passing game. Our D line is as good or better than Manchester's. #55 Night Train Williams and freshman #56 Qwenton Spellman would've lived in the HS backfield and our defense would've had your QB running for his life all game in a bad way. Our punting game and coverage is much better than Manchester's too. Varina has to be kicking themselves for not putting Manchester away when they had the chances.

We aren't the favorites by SOME people in our class because our class is DEEPER than Class 5. EC Glass, Broad Run and Salem would beat Manchester this year. And the Class 4 board is dominated by folks out west so it's biased anyway, just like this board is mostly cocky bandwagon HS fans.

I can honestly say...I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard my entire life! Your best win is over a second rate D6 team that has ZERO chance of beating Oscar Smith! Oh yeah....HS went into their back yard & beat OS! Louisa hasn’t played a team Manchester or HSHS’s caliber! You’re judging your team based on playing an AVERAGE team and a bunch of punching bags!

You haven’t faced a good QB all year,much less our ND recruit. No one throws successfully on our secondary! It’s HANDS DOWN the best in the state! Our coaching staff made the adjustments to shut down Manchester,and they’ve done the same 36 times in a row! We run this state,and you’re not even in the top 10! Lmao!

FYI....EC Glass refused to play HSHS a while back after back to back Ls! Any time you want to compare the top 5 in D4 to the top 5 in D5....feel free! I guess you think Louisa could beat Stonebridge or Maury?! Lmao!

Better stick to playing Orange and leave the big boys alone!

And that's fine, I'm not scared to admit when I'm wrong and I won't tuck my tail and run.

@HooSprings you have the mindset that just because a team crushes weaker teams, it makes them weak too. That's the wrong mindset.

Qwenton Spellman:

Last edited:
And that's fine, I'm not scared to admit when I'm wrong and I won't tuck my tail and run.

@HooSprings you have the mindset that just because a team crushes weaker teams, it makes them weak too. That's the wrong mindset.

Qwenton Spellman:
How many more of those highlight reels do you have like that are equal to or better than those 2? I could post about 20 of those on here with D1 talent, just as good or better than those two! You're making yourself look foolish. So what, HS had a bad start against Manchester (actually 1 quarter)! It happens especially when you're dealing with teen aged kids! They are ALL stiil learning their craft! Even Louisa's TEEN kids! At this point and time, there are only a handful of teams currently in the State of Virginia that even compare to HSHS. Oscar Smith, Manchester, Colonial Forge, Stone Bridge and Westfield. (and maybe Varina, this year). Louisa doesn't even fit in the conversation!

Reactions: Rjs80

Qwenton Spellman:
Good teams are “supposed” to crush weaker teams. Beating good teams is more impressive though! I’m not sure who you consider a great team,so I can’t go past that!

How many more of those highlight reels do you have like that are equal to or better than those 2? I could post about 20 of those on here with D1 talent, just as good or better than those two! You're making yourself look foolish. So what, HS had a bad start against Manchester (actually 1 quarter)! It happens especially when you're dealing with teen aged kids! They are ALL stiil learning their craft! Even Louisa's TEEN kids! At this point and time, there are only a handful of teams currently in the State of Virginia that even compare to HSHS. Oscar Smith, Manchester, Colonial Forge, Stone Bridge and Westfield. (and maybe Varina, this year). Louisa doesn't even fit in the conversation!
And again, you have that bad start against us, we won't let you come back. We are not Oscar Smith, we are actually a veteran team loaded with seniors and we're disciplined and won't have almost 200 yards in penalties. I made my points in detail of why we can beat y'all in specific facets of the game, because I've now seen both teams live up close. All y'all can say is "Louisa isn't in the class of blah blah blah." But I'm looking foolish. Y'all are judging on history, I'm now talking about THIS YEAR. Y'all haven't seen us this year to make those blind statements. Especially after we got our ODU commit back 3 weeks ago. Brendon Clark would've had a party against this year's HSHS. Garcia is no Clark, and HS should be glad they're still undefeated.

Last edited:
And again, you have that bad start against us, we won't let you come back. We are not Oscar Smith, we are actually a veteran team loaded with seniors and we're disciplined and won't have almost 200 yards in penalties. I made my points in detail of why we can beat y'all in specific facets of the game, because I've now seen both teams live up close. All y'all can say is "Louisa isn't in the class of blah blah blah." But I'm looking foolish. Y'all are judging on history, I'm now talking about THIS YEAR. Y'all haven't seen us this year to make those blind statements. Brendon Clark would've had a party against this year's HSHS. Garcia is no Clark, and HS should be glad they're still undefeated.
Lmao! There is a post on the 4A board concerned with your penalties! Your one of the most penalized teams in the state! You’re an undisciplined team! HSHS forces penalties because they are better at every position and they continue to PROVE IT! We haven’t seen you because you’re beneath us! You’re not worth us watching! All you play is trash! You barely beat an AVERAGE D6 team! HSHS is 7-0,playing the toughest schedule in the state! We’re loaded with D1 talent. You haven’t seen anything close to what we bring. Face it....you really can’t compare,but you can always hope.

History has nothing to do with this year’s team,but anyone with half a unbiased brain KNOWS....HSHS IS the best team in the state...regardless of classification!!

I’m new to this forum but I’m from the 434-540-703 , I was at the highland springs game Friday , I’ve honestly think Louisa can beat highland springs , here’s a few reasons why, Louisa run game is better then Manchester’s passing game isnt better, Louisa defense is way better then Manchester, ive watched Louisa the last 2 years or more ,

Last edited:
Reactions: LionNation540
@HooSprings you clearly didn't read that whole thread. The original poster ended up wrong, he wasn't even at the game. Louisa finished with 8 penalties and some were by the backups. The starters didn't play at all in the 2nd half.

Woo lawd the cockiness! Now you're using words like trash and calling Ponax average. :eek::D Yeah I'm done here, you're beneath me.

I’m new to this forum but I’m from the 434-540-703 , I was at the highland springs game Friday , I’ve honestly think Louisa can beat highland springs , here’s a few reasons why, Louisa run game is better then Manchester’s passing game is better, Louisa defense is way better then Manchester, ive watched Louisa the last 2 years or more ,
What are you judging Louisa off of?! I promise you....Highland Springs is not Orange or Charlottesville high school! Ponax is nowhere close to Oscar Smith either....HSHS already beat OS too! Louisa hasn’t seen a QB anywhere close to the HSHS QB! He took his official visit to Notre Dame yesterday!

Lmao! There is a post on the 4A board concerned with your penalties! Your one of the most penalized teams in the state! You’re an undisciplined team! HSHS forces penalties because they are better at every position and they continue to PROVE IT! We haven’t seen you because you’re beneath us! You’re not worth us watching! All you play is trash! You barely beat an AVERAGE D6 team! HSHS is 7-0,playing the toughest schedule in the state! We’re loaded with D1 talent. You haven’t seen anything close to what we bring. Face it....you really can’t compare,but you can always hope.

History has nothing to do with this year’s team,but anyone with half a unbiased brain KNOWS....HSHS IS the best team in the state...regardless of classification!!

Actually Monticello (who has state titles) QB Malachi Fields is better than HSHS's, he just has a bad team around him. It's a shame, he deserves so much better. I don't know his offers though. But yes Virginia has good athletes everywhere in the state, hard to believe, I know.

Fields:

Has HS ever had a freshman QB doing this on varsity in a 1st half?

Last edited:
Reactions: Va434
What are you judging Louisa off of?! I promise you....Highland Springs is not Orange or Charlottesville high school! Ponax is nowhere close to Oscar Smith either....HSHS already beat OS too! Louisa hasn’t seen a QB anywhere close to the HSHS QB! He took his official visit to Notre Dame yesterday!

@HooSprings you clearly didn't read that whole thread. The original poster ended up wrong, he wasn't even at the game. Louisa finished with 8 penalties and some were by the backups. The starters didn't play at all in the 2nd half.

Woo lawd the cockiness! Now you're using words like trash and calling Ponax average. :eek::D Yeah I'm done here, you're beneath me.
Ponax won’t get out of the second round of the region up there. They have ZERO chance of beating Freedom,Westfield or South County. They are AVERAGE at best. They’ll take a L vs Forge too! Face it....Ya don’t play anybody good!!! Sorry,but most good teams don’t think you’re worth playing!

Reactions: Thomasddev
Put it this way if Louisa was up 16-0 on h/s I promise u y’all wouldn’t had came back and won that game h/s is gonna win the 5a state championship only if they can get pass Varina

Actually Monticello's QB Malachi Fields is better than HSHS's, he just has a bad team around him. It's a shame, he deserves so much better. I don't know his offers though.

Fields:
The HS QB holds 4 POWER 5 offers including Notre Dame! Fields is a good Low D1 QB,but he’s no Jones(70% completions) 18 TDs accounted for in 14qtrs played!

Put it this way if Louisa was up 16-0 on h/s I promise u y’all wouldn’t had came back and won that game h/s is gonna win the 5a state championship only if they can get pass Varina
You do know that Varina already lost to Manchester right?! They gave up 40 to a offense with a below average passer!

Again...who has Louisa played to back up your statement?!

I’m new to this forum but I’m from the 434-540-703 , I was at the highland springs game Friday , I’ve honestly think Louisa can beat highland springs , here’s a few reasons why, Louisa run game is better then Manchester’s passing game isnt better, Louisa defense is way better then Manchester, ive watched Louisa the last 2 years or more ,
I wish more 804 folks can say they've seen both teams, they would agree with us. Who cares who we've played, we have an excellent team. And to disrespect our schedule is just disrespecting our area. Eastern View and Orange have athletes every bit on the level as any 804 or 757 team. Orange is just terribly undisciplined, like a Petersburg or Henrico but worse sometimes.

Last edited:
You do know that Varina already lost to Manchester right?! They gave up 40 to a offense with a below average passer!

Again...who has Louisa played to back up your statement?!
I saw the game and even thou Varina lost there passing game is better and run game is better the Man. Man got lucky I think Varina will have more success on y’all because there passing game is better and they have more athletes then manch.

Reactions: acoles
Ponax won’t get out of the second round of the region up there. They have ZERO chance of beating Freedom,Westfield or South County. They are AVERAGE at best. They’ll take a L vs Forge too! Face it....Ya don’t play anybody good!!! Sorry,but most good teams don’t think you’re worth playing!
I'm gonna quote all your Ponax posts at the end of the year. You just keep setting yourself up, especially when HS isn't gonna beat Forge.

I saw the game and even thou Varina lost there passing game is better and run game is better the Man. Man got lucky I think Varina will have more success on y’all because there passing game is better and they have more athletes then manch.
I was impressed by Manchester's defensive improvements since the Varina game. That was the biggest difference to me. Varina has also improved defensively since then, and they have speed for days on offense.

Highland Springs has the best secondary in the state,led by the best defensive player in the state! Varina couldn’t stop Manchester’s QB. No way they can stop Bug!

And again, you have that bad start against us, we won't let you come back. We are not Oscar Smith, we are actually a veteran team loaded with seniors and we're disciplined and won't have almost 200 yards in penalties. I made my points in detail of why we can beat y'all in specific facets of the game, because I've now seen both teams live up close. All y'all can say is "Louisa isn't in the class of blah blah blah." But I'm looking foolish. Y'all are judging on history, I'm now talking about THIS YEAR. Y'all haven't seen us this year to make those blind statements. Especially after we got our ODU commit back 3 weeks ago. Brendon Clark would've had a party against this year's HSHS. Garcia is no Clark, and HS should be glad they're still undefeated.
You really are a funny one! You said we are judging on history. You are talking about this year? LMFAO!!!!!! You are judging on a hypothetical possibility of a game with us!! Talking about judging? What the heck are you doing? It's not going to happen, not this year, probably not ever!!! HSHS is looking for bigger fish to fry. You are a minnow.... and we are glad we are still undefeated! We are undefeated against top flight programs, not Louisa, Monticello, Orange or Charlottesville! We had 2 of our players on official visits Saturday enjoying sideline views at LSU and the Notre Dame game! We are happy you had one at ODU!!

Reactions: CHUKNOW
You really are a funny one! You said we are judging on history. You are talking about this year? LMFAO!!!!!! You are judging on a hypothetical possibility of a game with us!! Talking about judging? What the heck are you doing? It's not going to happen, not this year, probably not ever!!! HSHS is looking for bigger fish to fry. You are a minnow.... and we are glad we are still undefeated! We are undefeated against top flight programs, not Louisa, Monticello, Orange or Charlottesville! We had 2 of our players on official visits Saturday enjoying sideline views at LSU and the Notre Dame game! We are happy you had one at ODU!!
ODU kid would light y'all up too. Learn to be humble, and enjoy your run because it ends this year. And you never know, Coach Johnson might move on to the college level himself soon, and your program can quickly go in another direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT