ADVERTISEMENT

Huge Upset....

Floyd.Co over Radford 14-12

Tough loss for Radford. Radford loses the 1 seed to Appo and it puts things in perspective for us which is....we just aren't the same team with the injuries. We are still a good team, but just not at the level of Appomattox. Appomattox is an absolute run away favorite right now in Region C to advance to the state semifinals. We still have to play the games, but if Gretna, Radford, Glenvar, Dan River or any Region C school played Appo within 17 points, I would be surprised. Glenvar is just not as good as I thought they would be. Gretna is better, but just not on the level of Appo, and Radford is kind of right there with Gretna and Glenvar. Tough loss for the Bobcats and have to credit Floyd. This is a great win for them and their program and they deserved. Their kids played hard and just were not intimidated.

The results of tonight is why the old saying is true....."it's why you play the games." Anything can happen with a few breaks here, a few penalties there, a few turnovers here or there, and you have the making for upsets.

Tough loss for Radford. Radford loses the 1 seed to Appo and it puts things in perspective for us which is....we just aren't the same team with the injuries. We are still a good team, but just not at the level of Appomattox. Appomattox is an absolute run away favorite right now in Region C to advance to the state semifinals. We still have to play the games, but if Gretna, Radford, Glenvar, Dan River or any Region C school played Appo within 17 points, I would be surprised. Glenvar is just not as good as I thought they would be. Gretna is better, but just not on the level of Appo, and Radford is kind of right there with Gretna and Glenvar. Tough loss for the Bobcats and have to credit Floyd. This is a great win for them and their program and they deserved. Their kids played hard and just were not intimidated.

The results of tonight is why the old saying is true....."it's why you play the games." Anything can happen with a few breaks here, a few penalties there, a few turnovers here or there, and you have the making for upsets.
I agree with you but Gretna did lose 21-7 to Appo which is less than 17 PT. margin. They actually had another drive that put them on five for first and goal. After a false start and a botched play they were backed up and came away with nothing. Appo controlled line of scrimmage though so not saying Gretna could have won. Think Appo gets them on coaching alone. That's about only difference in Gretna compared against the rest playing Appo. If you think about it anyone that seen Gretna lose to Radford and TJ knows how much they down right blowed and should be 9-1 only losing to Appo but thats not going change so Appo should stroll into state semis where I favour region D winning it all.

Reactions: obguthr
What happened? More injuries or just play flat?
1. Starting Center/DEnd sat out due to pink eye(admin decision) - had issues with snaps all night.
2. Player were flat, no energy
3. Field was in terrible condition. Probably worse than Glenvar last year.
4. Poor offensive play calling.
5. kicker missed two field goals and extra point

Most disappointing was the sportsmanship. Lots of blindside hits and late hits and it didn't seem like the Floyd coaches cared. They had 16 penalties and many were late or deliberate blind side shots. Unfortunately Radford retaliated. 6 penalties for Radford.

@Fairlawncat sorry bro. I met Kip this summer at Ross in Christiansburg and he’s one of the best young men I’ve ever met. I hope your Bobcats can turn it around. I am happy to see Floyd get a win over a quality team like Radford. It’s good for the program. Those are some really nice kids and people up the mountain in Floyd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT