ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Dorian?

greyfox60

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 30, 2001
How much of an impact do you see it having on this week's games? A state of emergency has already been declared. Someone on the 3A board posted that Petersburg at IC Norcom has been moved from Friday to Saturday.

Last edited:
How much of an impact do you see it having on this week's games? A state of emergency has already been declared. Someone on the 3A board posted that Petersburg at IC Norcom has been moved from Friday to Saturday.

Very unlikely to affect anywhere but the coast in a serious manner. SWVA might not even get any (much needed) rain out of it.

Very unlikely to affect anywhere but the coast in a serious manner. SWVA might not even get any (much needed) rain out of it.
Varina vs Meadowbrook has already been moved to Wednesday due to the storm. A LOT of rain coming. 100mph+ winds on the coast and tropical storm strength inland. I look for most games to move to Saturday or even the following Monday.

Varina vs Meadowbrook has already been moved to Wednesday due to the storm. A LOT of rain coming. 100mph+ winds on the coast and tropical storm strength inland. I look for most games to move to Saturday or even the following Monday.

There is literally no rain in the forecast for 10+ days in SWVA. It's dry and looks to continue that way. Checked 3 weather reports on all the major networks and wunderground, not a bit of rain is coming. Like I said, it's going to affect the coast and people close but it doesn't appear headed our way at all.

There is literally no rain in the forecast for 10+ days in SWVA. It's dry and looks to continue that way. Checked 3 weather reports on all the major networks and wunderground, not a bit of rain is coming. Like I said, it's going to affect the coast and people close but it doesn't appear headed our way at all.
I’m referring to Richmond area and east. Also depends on the track of this monster!

In Tidewater area I’m sure no games Thursday or Friday- lists of rain and 45mph Southside and 20-30 up the peninsula from Newport News. Once it gets close to outer banks it heads out to sea. Saturday looks very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT