ADVERTISEMENT

I am excited about this Salem vs. Lake Taylor game, could we

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
please, have an intelligent discussion about strengths, weaknesses, good players, strategies, without it degenerating into comparing the sizes of our manhood (I'm always embarrassed at how bad I lose those contests)?

I was really impressed watching Salem today, I don't think they are going to make many mistakes. I always feel like Lake Taylor has another gear they're not showing me when I watch them. I don't think I've seen them at their best, but they are obviously super talented and super well coached.

Two 14-0 teams, what do you think Salem wants this game to be like and what do they have to do to win?
Same question for Lake Taylor.

I'm asking things like tempo, high scoring or low scoring, weather, who has the ability to come from behind, who historically gets penalties or turns it over. Which players should we watch? Who needs to get healthy? Maybe some other games you've seen that you think this one might be like. Stating your opinion is great, but I kind of already know Salem fans will pick Salem and Lake Taylor fans will pick LT. Give me something more. I'm going to be at a track meet trying to watch this thing on my computer and more knowledge will help me enjoy it since I probably won't be able to have the sound up.

Salem needs to get Fox healthy----however, the backup tail back is very good--proved that today. But Fox is needed on Defense and in the passing game. Couling need to get his thumb right.
Salem will need to run the ball so they can go play action.
Defensively they will need to stop the big play---make Lake Taylor drive the ball without mistakes..
Salem will have to not give up big play on special teams.
Turnovers will be huge

By the way ----Salem is not fancy----they run a traditional I set and have been doing it for 30 years.
They just try to do the little things right----Under Willis White they ran off tackle and would tell you they were going to run off tackle and dare you to stop it---Coach Mags has made them a little more diverse on offense but the basics of Willis White Football is still there.

Dude, you've been here since the start. You know better….lol.

Should be a heck of a game. I don't know much about Lake Taylor other than what's been posted or put on TV, but obviously they have what it takes.

Salem is Salem. They do what they do, which is the same thing they've always done. They may throw in a little wrinkle here and there, but they just do the basic stuff and do it well. Execution is what matters, not how many plays are in your playbook. Block, tackle, move the chains. Don't turn the ball over, force the other guy to do things he doesn't want to do or force him to make a mistake and then take advantage of those mistakes.

I wouldn't be able to venture a guess as to the outcome, but if both teams play to the best of their abilities then those in attendance should be in for a great show.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT