ADVERTISEMENT

I know this is getting old, but trying something a bit different...

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Top 15 in 4A Plus HM:

1. Dinwiddie (5-0)
2. Blacksburg (5-1)
3. Monacan (5-0)
4. Deep Creek (5-0)
5. Louisa County (5-0)
6. Eastern View (6-0)
7. Lafayette (4-1)
8. Salem (4-2)
9. EC Glass (4-1)
10. King's Fork (4-1)
11. Liberty (Bealton) (5-0)
12. George Washington (4-1)
13. Charlottesville (4-1)
14. Millbrook (6-0)
15. Amherst County (3-2)

HM: Lake Taylor, Sherando, William Byrd, Patrick Henry-Ashland, Pulaski County

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy and mbonape1
I would think Amherst is a lot better than some of the teams before them. They kept a high powered offense like Brookville to only 14 points. The Blacksburg loss was ugly but so was Salem's loss to the Bruins. I wouldn't want ANY parts of Amherst come playoff times. Same for PH-Ashland.. Call me bias but I'm not taking any 804 team lightly. They'd beat at least 40% of the teams in this ranking.

I would think Amherst is a lot better than some of the teams before them. They kept a high powered offense like Brookville to only 14 points. The Blacksburg loss was ugly but so was Salem's loss to the Bruins. I wouldn't want ANY parts of Amherst come playoff times. Same for PH-Ashland.. Call me bias but I'm not taking any 804 team lightly. They'd beat at least 40% of the teams in this ranking.
Its about who we like and dislike with some posters,nothing to do with the games itself.

Think Blacksburg should be number six. I like the rest except switch Byrd and Amherst
So you are saying that Amherst shouldn't be 15th when they played Blacksburg and Salem and lost but William Byrd has played all 5 schools with losing records? And Amherst beat GW and Brookville soundly. Maybe I misunderstood your post

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Nah, DSH. Even some Bburg faithful were critical of the schedule. But, the margins over Amherst and Salem should've earned the Bruins something,
My mistake, I forgot that the Bruins lost to a very good LB team. Don't know where my mind was. Well they are up there with Dinwiddie with 2 signature wins of the year.

Blacksburg has a loss, therefore I would put some undefeated teams in front of them. Amherst has two losses, William Byrd undefeated. All this could change as the teams play on, but you are ranking them now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT