ADVERTISEMENT

If Centreville goes down early against Ocean Lakes...

GurskyT

VaPreps All Region
Aug 11, 2005
Are they capable of throwing the ball to get back into the game?

After watching them play the last few weeks (Patriot, Battlefield, Westfield) it seems like Tutt is the exclusive target in their offense when they do throw the ball. Since they rely on a lot of their production coming from the ground game, Ferrick has been able to sneak in deep passes downfield to Tutt in the games that I watched (and probably throughout the entire season). If they were to end up down by a couple of touchdowns to OL, is that connection going to be able to get it done against the athletes roaming for OL secondary? Or will it be too predictable with OL knowing Tutt is the main guy they have to cover? How comfortable is Ferrick throwing to his other receivers/TE's if Tutt gets shut down? OR will they be able to do what they have been doing and burn OL downfield with Tutt?

Just some questions you would have to ask for the game. I think that's where they will have to get Turner involved in the passing game as well. Especially considering that Boose may not be in there because of his injury, which takes away an important piece to their offense. It is an interesting point to bring up because Centreville has been comfortable at home all throughout the playoffs usually scoring first and in bunches to get ahead on the away team. But if OL draws first blood at UVA it could end up being a situation that Centreville rarely has to deal with. With all that said, OL had a slow start against Oscar Smith last Friday getting down 14-0, but they were able to deliver a few strikes through the air and get back on top of Smith for good before they went to grind out the victory in the second half.
This post was edited on 12/9 5:58 PM by GurskyT

Lol what are you worrying about man its gonna be a close game , OL
defense weakness is the run game and since CHS has 4 lineman from last
year title game that moved around two 5 star recruits outta the way who
had size speed and strength then it shouldn't be a problem vs OL
undersize D-line what they gotta do is run it up OL guts not on the
outside.

Last week O-Lakes Dline did prove they can hang with
big O line thats well experience vs Smith they still gave up 114 yards
but the ones who got the job done were LBs and DBs always kept a eye on
McLease counter runs they shed blockers made sure he didn't brake lose
like he has all year. If they can do that again then yes ill see OL
winning this game of CHS wants to run counter runs etc

I'm pretty
sure they'll put #5 Taylor on Tutt kid physical 5'8 175pds can bench
305pds squat 405pds impressive small guy still growing nobody really throws his way all 3 interceptions are pick 6's

That slow start really started bc both CBs from OL guaranteed win vs Smith lol so you know Smiith came out amped both TDs given up were from #4 who said it on news sports wrap

haha I'm not worried about anything, just trying to get any thoughts out there about the game this weekend before the board shuts down and goes into hibernation for the next eight months.
laugh.r191677.gif

Centreville's success all year has been based on the running game, even without Turner until the playoffs. They have rarely used the pass because they have not had to, jumping out to huge leads in almost every game based heavily on the run. They can use the TE on pass plays, but with their running style of pulling several lineman to block for Turner, Nickens-Yzer, Boose, and Richbourg around the ends the TE is more valuable to them as a blocker. Not many teams have 4 strong RBs. They don't loose a whole lot if Boose is out and they use Richbourg, IMO. Westfield has arguably the best defense they faced all year, and last week against Westfield they just went to Turner again and again. I think it will come down to two things in this game, and whose defense steps up: 1) Can the OL D-line string out the play, like Westfield did, and get the runner slowed or down on first contact. 2) Will the CV defense be able to stop the RBs of OL, who I have heard are bigger guys. The CV D-line has been susceptible to the run against teams that block well on the O-line because they like to get into the back field and if the RB gets past the first line of defense there is usually a lot of running room
This post was edited on 12/10 7:25 AM by falcettik

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT