ADVERTISEMENT

I'm calling the upset, Eastside over PM girls...

Mmmm....not quite sure about that. Surry is looking pretty impressive from the East. Should be a great match up either way.

I totally agree....just like if Lancaster girls win tonight, then Surry the #1 seed will have to travel over 3 hours. And last year, they were the #1 seed and #1 ranked team in the state for 1A and had to travel 7 hours to Bristol.

As Lee Corso says...NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! At this point comparing a common opponent you can throw that out. Two good teams, and I believe PM will travel on Monday. I also agree that VHSL is a joke when it comes to a “neutral sight”. There has to be a venue “halfway” for both teams. UVA Wise is what, 10 miles at the most from EHS?

Reactions: Girls -BBall Fan
Once again the vhsl has failed ...pm is the 1 seed and must travel 4 hours to bfe to play ...nobody not even a 10 seed should have to do that

I totally agree....just like if Lancaster girls win tonight, then Surry the #1 seed will have to travel over 3 hours. And last year, they were the #1 seed and #1 ranked team in the state for 1A and had to travel 7 hours to Bristol.

As Lee Corso says...NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! At this point comparing a common opponent you can throw that out. Two good teams, and I believe PM will travel on Monday. I also agree that VHSL is a joke when it comes to a “neutral sight”. There has to be a venue “halfway” for both teams. UVA Wise is what, 10 miles at the most from EHS?

It warms my heart to see folks cry about having to travel to SWVA. I feel absolutely no sympathy for you.

I didn't ask for sympathy last year when I made two trips from Bristol to Buchanan over the span of 48 hours and then the next week had to go to Harrisonburg. It's the way the system worked last year, so I dealt with it.

Get over it. Make the trip or don't and stay home and listen on the radio or watch from someone's Facebook.

As for the original topic of the thread, I just don't see Eastside winning the game even though it's more or less a home court game for them. The Blues are just way too tough.

I didn't ask for sympathy last year when I made two trips from Bristol to Buchanan over the span of 48 hours and then the next week had to go to Harrisonburg. It's the way the system worked last year, so I dealt with it.

We hope you enjoyed your time spent in Buchanan, attendance was great even with schools having to travel so far.

At least we aren't on here giving facts on the factometer

LMAO. Thank God for that. :)

We hope you enjoyed your time spent in Buchanan, attendance was great even with schools having to travel so far.

I did enjoy it. I like going to new places and seeing new schools. James River has a very nice gym as well. Not so sure I would want to take in a football game there though. Lol

LMAO. Thank God for that. :)

I did enjoy it. I like going to new places and seeing new schools. James River has a very nice gym as well. Not so sure I would want to take in a football game there though. Lol

Gym was added about 10 years ago, it will accommodate 1500-1600, more than there is parking for. Hopefully our concessions and other accommodations were satisfactory. The football field itself is one of the best in the area for a grass field. Bleachers are usually adequate although they have been there a long time and could use some upgrades, especially visitor side. Till the football team improves you won't have to worry about traveling there for that.

Gym was added about 10 years ago, it will accommodate 1500-1600, more than there is parking for. Hopefully our concessions and other accommodations were satisfactory. The football field itself is one of the best in the area for a grass field. Bleachers are usually adequate although they have been there a long time and could use some upgrades, especially visitor side. Till the football team improves you won't have to worry about traveling there for that.
Best gym in the area. Went down to watch JR & PM boys play, It still feels "brand new"! Did not realize that it was 10 years old. WOW! Where has time gone?

Best gym in the area. Went down to watch JR & PM boys play, It still feels "brand new"! Did not realize that it was 10 years old. WOW! Where has time gone?

It gets taken care of, they don't allow anything but water in it and for the last 6-7 years attendance doesn't stress it. Fair weather fans :(

It gets taken care of, they don't allow anything but water in it and for the last 6-7 years attendance doesn't stress it. Fair weather fans :(
Sadly both teams fans have seemed to "disappear" I could remember JR students section was the loudest in the state. It was literally only parents of players and a handful of few others in attendance the night I was there. But it used to rock. Hopefully those days will return for both teams.

Sadly both teams fans have seemed to "disappear" I could remember JR students section was the loudest in the state. It was literally only parents of players and a handful of few others in attendance the night I was there. But it used to rock. Hopefully those days will return for both teams.

Yea it used too, coaching changes would help things out imo. This is their first winning season since '11. Losing record for 6 years and its not all the kids fault. They were loaded w talent for about 5 years and should have had at least 2 or 3 state rings instead of the 1 they got. Ill bet a years salary Fox would have had more than 1.

Yea it used too, coaching changes would help things out imo. This is their first winning season since '11. Losing record for 6 years and its not all the kids fault. They were loaded w talent for about 5 years and should have had at least 2 or 3 state rings instead of the 1 they got. Ill bet a years salary Fox would have had more than 1.
I told someone not long ago, IF, Nelson Fox had been HC at JR during the Bennetts, Ware, (forget the point guard - but he was a STUD) years Nelson would have won at least 3. The one they won and back-to-back-to-back! They were a Division 4 or 5 team playing in Division 1. I always said JR coach failed those kids.

I told someone not long ago, IF, Nelson Fox had been HC at JR during the Bennetts, Ware, (forget the point guard - but he was a STUD) years Nelson would have won at least 3. The one they won and back-to-back-to-back! They were a Division 4 or 5 team playing in Division 1. I always said JR coach failed those kids.

I agree 100%, "Marylandball" will too. Fox could do more with less, no disrespect to PM, than almost any coach I've seen or played against, there are a couple I would put beside him. (JR's current coach isn't one of them).
His name was Ethan Humphries, went on to play at Roanoke College and JV coach at Cave Spring. His JV record coaching is impressive.

Reactions: marylandbball
I agree 100%, "Marylandball" will too. Fox could do more with less, no disrespect to PM, than almost any coach I've seen or played against, there are a couple I would put beside him. (JR's current coach isn't one of them).
His name was Ethan Humphries, went on to play at Roanoke College and JV coach at Cave Spring. His JV record coaching is impressive.
Humphries! Good kid, glad for him, he will go far. Maybe JR should make a move and get homegrown kid back. Lol. Fox could take 5 soccer players that had never played basketball in their life and go .500 he was a kids coach, my son still talks about his Fox years and how a lot of talent never played because of the way he coached. But he didn’t care, he did it his way, and the kids that played for him absolutely LOVED him.

Humphries! Good kid, glad for him, he will go far. Maybe JR should make a move and get homegrown kid back. Lol. Fox could take 5 soccer players that had never played basketball in their life and go .500 he was a kids coach, my son still talks about his Fox years and how a lot of talent never played because of the way he coached. But he didn’t care, he did it his way, and the kids that played for him absolutely LOVED him.

"His way" produced results, and always will. Fox could have taken JR and beaten Radford this year. The talent was there, not necessarily on the court together as it should have been. If the five that are on the floor aren't playing as one you don't win big games and we very seldom, if even once, had that five on the court together this year.

UPSET ALERT!!!!!! UPSET ALERT!!!!! UPSET ALERT!!!!!

You may wanna save that cliche' for next year....... Or the following year....
And as always...... GO BLUES!!!

Come on man... I don't think he meant any disrespect by making a prediction.

I think all of us who had the opportunity to see PM play this year could all foresee this was coming for Eastside though. The Blues are just that good. I even think they can handle themselves fairly well in our Mountain 7 District, which is the "District of Death" as far as girls basketball is concerned in the entire state. They already beat Gate City this year, so hence why I say that.

Reactions: mmqp
Come on man... I don't think he meant any disrespect by making a prediction.

I think all of us who had the opportunity to see PM play this year could all foresee this was coming for Eastside though. The Blues are just that good. I even think they can handle themselves fairly well in our Mountain 7 District, which is the "District of Death" as far as girls basketball is concerned in the entire state. They already beat Gate City this year, so hence why I say that.
I wasn’t being disrespectful, sorry if I came across that way, just a little “friendly” teasing about his prediction.

I wasn’t being disrespectful, sorry if I came across that way, just a little “friendly” teasing about his prediction.
I do believe he was referring to my comment regarding the "UPSET ALERT", and saving that comment for the following year, or the next.

And again, I meant no disrespect to anyone either, just a having a little fun and giving Coach Gilbert, his Coaching Staff and the Lady Blues the props they deserve up to this point. I hope they continue to play well and as they say, BRING IT HOME BABY, BRING IT HOME!!!!

And as always, GO BLUES!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT