ADVERTISEMENT

in salem its called FEEDER PROGRAM

3puttcharlie

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 31, 2013
aint no transfers coming to salem hell they transfer out cause they cant cut the grade or will be 5 on the depth chart at rb.

giphy.gif

Live Video Feed From 3Putts House

It's called SALEM. S A L E M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST PROGRAM EVER!!!! WITH THE BEST ANNOUNCER EVER!!! NO TRANSFERS!! BEST FIELD EVER!!!!BEST EVERY THING EVER AND WITH KIDS WITH NO TALENT!!!JUST GRIT!!!

giphy.gif

It's called SALEM. S A L E M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST PROGRAM EVER!!!! WITH THE BEST ANNOUNCER EVER!!! NO TRANSFERS!! BEST FIELD EVER!!!!BEST EVERY THING EVER AND WITH KIDS WITH NO TALENT!!!JUST GRIT!!!

I will disagree on the announcer, can't get yardage right most of the time.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
w
giphy.gif

wtf foflmao!

giphy.gif

Nailed it.

In all seriousness I believe three putt was trying to continue the conversation from a previous post dealing with what makes a successful program. Salem over the last ten years or so has gotten surprisingly few transfers at the High School level. The success of the Spartans is due to many factors including coaching, feeder program and community support, I don't believe he was insinuating that Salem was the only school that had these characteristics. If he was, he's wrong. But I do know a few posters on this board that never miss an opportunity to go after Salem or Salem fans. That's fine. Go for it.

Reactions: Salemgal
In all seriousness I believe three putt was trying to continue the conversation from a previous post dealing with what makes a successful program. Salem over the last ten years or so has gotten surprisingly few transfers at the High School level. The success of the Spartans is due to many factors including coaching, feeder program and community support, I don't believe he was insinuating that Salem was the only school that had these characteristics. If he was, he's wrong. But I do know a few posters on this board that never miss an opportunity to go after Salem or Salem fans. That's fine. Go for it.
Winning brings on haters.....always has, always will

Reactions: freeatlast2013
Winning brings on haters.....always has, always will
not hating at all, Salem is successfull but just don't need to keep hearing it in every phrase, every post, every year after year. I will say that their success is because they have had the same coach for years now, that makes a big difference.. Same feeder program and the high school does the same as the feeder program. I talked to another coach today of a local high school and he told me that coaches adjust to the players not the opposite. I agree with him.

not hating at all, Salem is successfull but just don't need to keep hearing it in every phrase, every post, every year after year. I will say that their success is because they have had the same coach for years now, that makes a big difference.. Same feeder program and the high school does the same as the feeder program. I talked to another coach today of a local high school and he told me that coaches adjust to the players not the opposite. I agree with him.
I know, I know. Its like a nightmare that never ends.

Part of the reason this site seems like salempreps.rivals.com is less about Salem fans monopolizing the conversation, as it is the lack of others talking about their teams, or any teams. If it was not for Salem fans, these boards would be a ghost town. There are only so many conversations we can have about best stadium, best concession stands, etc.

Personally I am fine with a little smack talking on the boards. Give the boards some life. Your suppose to be confident its playoff time. If you think your team is gonna win by 50 I want to hear it. Stick your chest out and let it be known!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
No Salem fan predicting blow out in Byrd game. Some did think they would blow out Millbrook, they were right. Salem fans defend their team. They are quick to pick up on any slights and quick to defend. This bothers some fans of other schools. The hate for Salem is very much like the hate that some people have for the Yankees and The New England Patriots. They want someone else to win big, hopefully their particular school. They are tired of everything Salem. That's fine. But here is the reality, win or lose this Friday, Salem is not going to fade from the scene. They will retool and get ready for next year and the year after that, and the year after that, etc. They are going to be relevant for a long time

Reactions: salemfan32
No Salem fan predicting blow out in Byrd game. Some did think they would blow out Millbrook, they were right. Salem fans defend their team. They are quick to pick up on any slights and quick to defend. This bothers some fans of other schools. The hate for Salem is very much like the hate that some people have for the Yankees and The New England Patriots. They want someone else to win big, hopefully their particular school. They are tired of everything Salem. That's fine. But here is the reality, win or lose this Friday, Salem is not going to fade from the scene. They will retool and get ready for next year and the year after that, and the year after that, etc. They are going to be relevant for a long time
Especially as long as your coach stays

Especially as long as your coach stays
May sound a little strange but, the job Magenbauer has done may actually be underappreciated. It is hard enough to follow a legend and maintain the expected level of success, however, the situation he inherited and the level of scrutiny on a day to day basis that program gets made the job even tougher, in my opinion. He meshed two staffs(the old White guys and his hires) and got the job done and has effectively transitioned over the years to the staff he presently has all while maintaining the internal privacy of the program. In my opinion, no small feat given the scrutiny the program gets and the number of guys who would have liked to have inherited the head coaching position.

IMO, Salem's long term success is due to their outstanding Parks and Rec Department and community support. If the seeds are planted early and nourished....................

IMO, Salem's long term success is due to their outstanding Parks and Rec Department and community support. If the seeds are planted early and nourished....................
Several schools have that but Sslem has Magenbauer who has been there for a long time

Coach Mags is a great coach and a class act, just like Coach White. But Xs and Os make no difference without the jimmys and joes. Salem has a great program from the bottom to the top. But like your house it all starts with the foundation at the bottom. Blacksburg had 1 heavy weight sandlot team this year with 23 kids, Salem fans how many were there this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT