ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Giles vs Narrows Week

The 3 teams that beat Giles, would have thumped Narrows bad. So I don't know how good, or bad Giles is. Probably like last year. Giles wins a low scoring game.
Losses to Bburg and Graham were expected. Losing to Cburg was humbling, but I think the Demons are greatly improved. Last year's game with Narz was close, and their D-line looks tough. We're in for a tough night.

Friday night is the big one for Radford and Gretna. We'll find out if we are as good as advertised and a true state title contending front runner. We'll also find off if Gretna is truly "back" to their old form and a usual threat to win the big one. Something's gotta give. I will be turning in to Giles/Narrows, and no offense to Narrows, but I'll be rooting for my friends and fishing buddies in Pburg as always to get the W.

Reactions: NewSpartan
I sure would love to see this one, but I have a stupid meeting in Richmond. I'll be lucky to get back to the Valley in time to see East Rock at Buffalo Gap.

If this is big county game.... why play it near the beginning of the season?

Same reason Stuarts Draft and Waynesboro is at beginning of season now, same reason Stuarts Draft and Wilson and Stuarts Draft and Riverheads used to be at beginning of season, just because a game is a county game doesn't mean it's a district game.

I'd listen to this game if I wasnt afraid I'd get stuck having to listen to the moron-a-thon that is the Narrows play by play guys.
Those guys are the worst ,1 of them is always drunk and they are all for Narrows. A good announcer will call the game and be neutral but not these no-class guys. The announcer on speaker is very biased and the worst I’ve ever heard. He needs to come and listen to Giles’ announcer,the best around and shows class !!

Reactions: mmqp
Those guys are the worst ,1 of them is always drunk and they are all for Narrows. A good announcer will call the game and be neutral but not these no-class guys. The announcer on speaker is very biased and the worst I’ve ever heard. He needs to come and listen to Giles’ announcer,the best around and shows class !!

Last year in the last regular season game vs. PM they kept acting like they could not pronounce the running back for the Blues name correctly and they were just tossing out random words whenever he ran the ball. And they were yukking it up like it was funny after the 10th time they messed his name up. Just dumb. And as you said, EXTREMELY biased. Biased to the point of being 100% unlistenable. Every ref was against them and ever play was a hold that wasnt called. Got old quick.

And yes I agree that the Giles guys do a good job. I listened to them for a few games a few years back and thought they did a good job. For quite a while PM had two guys who I would put at the very top as far as radio broadcast goes. They havent done their games for a couple of years now and the news guys are doing fine but man, Jeremy and Chris were the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justlooking540
Last year in the last regular season game vs. PM they kept acting like they could not pronounce the running back for the Blues name correctly and they were just tossing out random words whenever he ran the ball. And they were yukking it up like it was funny after the 10th time they messed his name up. Just dumb. And as you said, EXTREMELY biased. Biased to the point of being 100% unlistenable. Every ref was against them and ever play was a hold that wasnt called. Got old quick.

And yes I agree that the Giles guys do a good job. I listened to them for a few games a few years back and thought they did a good job. For quite a while PM had two guys who I would put at the very top as far as radio broadcast goes. They havent done their games for a couple of years now and the news guys are doing fine but man, Jeremy and Chris were the best.
I agree,Narrows needs to get all new people to represent their school cause they all sound like idiots and are very biased!!

We are blessed to have the guys we have doing games on WTON 1240AM. They do a great job and remain relatively unbiased during games. If you get a chance its worth it to check them out. I am not sure who they are covering this week but most likely it is Clarke/Draft or Gap/East Rock. Good job @LMcCray, keep those podcasts rolling too.

I thought it was just me...There are a lot of bad ones out there though to be fair. GW is equally terrible and Blacksburgs will put you to sleep.

Hmmm. I don’t think we’ve heard “put you to sleep” before. We’ll try to be a little more energetic on the air. Thank you for the feedback,. We’re always open to critiques and comments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT