ADVERTISEMENT

Its too quiet for game day!

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Come on guys. What makes this board special is the salty and spicy debates. Who wins and why?

I will start. The media is hyping the Hanover Hawks and giving Monacan the cold shoulder. Hanover is false news. Monacan may start slow, but will wear the Hawks down with a taste of their own medicine (power running) and get the win.

Seriously, you're crazy just because Han..... just kidding, I don't know nothing about these teams! Lol...

I wan't just referring to this game. There are a ton of games to discuss. Lets get this thing rolling.

I have a question unrelated to trash-talking, but I think I will stick it in here. Do JV scores mean anything? Obviously you would rather they be winning than losing, but is it any reflection at all about how the same schools' varsity teams will match up? In sports like basketball and volleyball, with few players needed on roster, it obviously has less correlation. For instance, Millbrook consistently has the best girls basketball team in the state, but the JV team not so much. But in a sport like football, with more players and more depth needed, does a strong JV showing prove anything?

@schoolboard, I think it does correlate at times and at others it doesn't. Most of the powers in Class 4 have decent JV teams. Example: Salem always has a good JV (undefeated most years) and varsity teams which leads to lasting success. Prince George and Matoaca in our area always have good JV teams, but rarely do anything at the varsity level. I know these areas have sound youth programs, but for some reason they just never get over the hump at the varsity level. Great question.

Very much looking forward to seeing how Culpeper does against Eastern View, GREAT cross-county rivalry in WEEK 1. That Salem/Amherst atmosphere will be electric. Staunton River has a chance to surprise a lot of people tonight against a hyped up Jefferson Forest.

If any Glass fans are going to the game, let me know on here and I'll see if I can meet you!

Reactions: wikki and mbonape1
I have a question unrelated to trash-talking, but I think I will stick it in here. Do JV scores mean anything? Obviously you would rather they be winning than losing, but is it any reflection at all about how the same schools' varsity teams will match up? In sports like basketball and volleyball, with few players needed on roster, it obviously has less correlation. For instance, Millbrook consistently has the best girls basketball team in the state, but the JV team not so much. But in a sport like football, with more players and more depth needed, does a strong JV showing prove anything?
I think it has some correlation, but not a whole lot. The two most important factors are: 1) overall program success, which generally trickles down to the FR and JV levels in most years, and 2) makeup of the varsity team-if the varsity has a lot of underclassmen that obviously pulls away from the JV team's success. You also have to consider that some classes just don't have the athletes/players that other classes do. Every now and then you get a less talented or smaller group of kids and that can have an effect as well.

Reactions: mbonape1
Hey Glass, you guys are nice, but get ready for a dose of 250 pounds of Folley tonight, he only ran for two TDs against y'all last year. He'll want revenge after that subpar showing by him. We'll be sure to give you a warm welcome into Theodose tonight :cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Good luck. That Glass Defense will be even better this year. I think Holden Fretz, Bam Kitrell, Jadan Merriman, and Hard Rock got something for Folley tonight. Y'all better hope he gets the ball before they disrupt the backfield. I believe Folley ran for 3 TD's. But With Dresean Kendrick at command of the offense, We won't turn the ball over 5 times this time. Those touchdowns were the result of a short field.

Good luck. That Glass Defense will be even better this year. I think Holden Fretz, Bam Kitrell, Jadan Merriman, and Hard Rock got something for Folley tonight. Y'all better hope he gets the ball before they disrupt the backfield. I believe Folley ran for 3 TD's. But With Dresean Kendrick at command of the offense, We won't turn the ball over 5 times this time. Those touchdowns were the result of a short field.

Reactions: blackknight_pride

Yessir they were, we didn't even come close to scoring last year until the fourth quarter when we got short fields. Kendrick is a beast and I can only hope we can slow him down tonight.

Very much looking forward to seeing how Culpeper does against Eastern View, GREAT cross-county rivalry in WEEK 1. That Salem/Amherst atmosphere will be electric. Staunton River has a chance to surprise a lot of people tonight against a hyped up Jefferson Forest.

If any Glass fans are going to the game, let me know on here and I'll see if I can meet you!
SR and JF upset would be great. Not hearing a lot of good thinks coming from the SR camp and we'll leave it at that.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Almost no official prognosticator will ever post how they really feel.

Can you imagine those outrage if they put out a prediction like 84-0? Even if they were exactly correct, they would be vilified by a lot of parents, readers, etc.

That is why you almost never see a prediction of xx to 0. "You mean you don't think we can score even a touchdown?"

Amhw

amherst fans haven’t traveled well to Salem in a while. But us fans who will be there will be loud. It’s a shame not typical for Amherst fans. But those years when they met in the playoffs, probably the most attended and loudest ever. Have no idea what to expect tonight. People had been upset for awhile so maybe this coach can get it back. He is an awesome guy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT