ADVERTISEMENT

IWA Transfer?

I heard IWA picked up 3 transfers from Windsor High School. Now the King kid from Smithfield HS and supposedly a kid from Heritage HS is looking to transfer. Seems like they are trying to be the Bishop Sullivan's of D4.

The last daily press article on the subject said that King will be eligible to play by week 2. Haven't heard anything about other transfers.

With King in the backfield, IWA becomes an instant title contender, give that kid just a tiny crease and it's over. LIGHTS OUT!

Saw IWA scrimmage the other night. Looks like they have added 5 new athletes from public schools. #5 is King from Smithfield and he is an impact player. #7 looked like the best athlete on the field, tough strong quick and hard to bring down. IWA should run away with D4 with the addition of these incoming athletes.

Reactions: gwb16
Saw IWA scrimmage the other night. Looks like they have added 5 new athletes from public schools. #5 is King from Smithfield and he is an impact player. #7 looked like the best athlete on the field, tough strong quick and hard to bring down. IWA should run away with D4 with the addition of these incoming athletes.
I agree...King is a monster in the secondary and backfield. He should put up huge numbers on both sides of the ball for IWA.

The 1 weakness I saw was their secondary. D-line was pretty good against the run and brought pressure, but they were bringing 6 or 7 bodies each play. Secondary needs work from what I saw at the scrimmage. GCA threw for 4TDs I believe and moved the ball at will down the field. King had 1 long run near the end of the game, but was held in check other than that run. That #7 though was a beast. He definitely needs more touches. IMHO, he looked like a better athlete than King on both sides of the ball. IWA also had a big lineman leave the game with what looked like a serious shoulder or collarbone injury. IWA is my pick to win it all in D4 and could shock Shores in week 1 if they fix their defense against the pass, because Shores is going to air it out.

I may need to come check out the Chargers this year, been a few years since I last watched them play.

The fan base most likely has a better understanding of the game than the "overzealous" Packer bunch....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT