VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
Western favored by 22....WA 42, HV 21
Monticello favored by 14...Mont 25, Waynesboro 6
Hanover favored by 11...Han 47, Louisa 28
North Stafford by 10....NS 54, Alb 36
Stone Bridge by 27....SB 49, OC 13

I think my analysis of the district was pretty spot on. The district produced a bunch of teams that were good enough to pull out some wins in 3A, but 4A and particularly 5A are just too loaded state wide. Shoot, Albemarle and Orange didn't even play any of the favorites.

I haven't computerized things yet, but Monticello is probably fast running out of time. Western's games will look more and more like coin flips, but I think they're favored next week, if they do manage to get to round 4 then cross bracketing means they dodge Phoebus, Hopewell, & James Monroe.

Louisa game could have been worse. Score not indicate that game. It was a good first half, but after that Hanover bigs wore down lions. As you said western have best shot to move on. JD is like acc football, NCAA makes its case for a power 5 conference but as of late one team is good and the rest are just so-so to down right bad.

Running out of time...... We shall see. I love proving people (and worthless piles of plastic, chips, and electronics) wrong.

Running out of time...... We shall see. I love proving people (and worthless piles of plastic, chips, and electronics) wrong.
Just to be clear. I think Monticello is every bit as good as Western right now. Western just has a much better draw in the bracket (if they get by a very underrated Staunton River squad)

Lord Botetourt is a 14 point favorite over Monticello
Staunton River is 11 point favorite over Western Albemarle

Last edited:
Just to be clear. I think Monticello is every bit as good as Western right now. Western just has a much better draw in the bracket (if they get by a very underrated Staunton River squad)

Lord Botetourt is a 14 point favorite over Monticello
Staunton River is 11 point favorite over Western Albemarle

Blue Ridge #2 & #3 vs Jefferson #3 & #1. This weeks' matchups will obviously determine which district is stronger in your computers mind, right? Surprised your CPU likes the Blue Ridge so much.

Well the computer called both of the losses this week, but Western kept it 5 points closer than they were supposed to and Monticello kept it 4 points closer.

On to basketball season.

Yep and tell hoos that the JD has alot to work on in the off season! I was watching a basketball game tonight at Western!

If you say. W.A. was an old team, rest of JD was young so we will see. District year in and year out has too many one and done seasons. Plus with all the divisions watering down the playoffs and the JD goes 2-5 with Fluvanna, Chalottesville and Powhatan not even making the playoffs just not looking good. Have to prove that district is good when you play teams out of the district by winning.

I probably would not be so critical of the JD but the daily progress posted a video online this preseason with most of the Albemarle county and Charlottesville area coaches and I about puked watching it. I understand as a coach you want to be positive but I would want credibility as a coach. They talked how fast the district is how big the district is and how well coached the district is. I will give Western coach his due 42-11 in four years is impressive, but the rest of the district wow. Ok I am done with JD rant...I won't talk anymore about JD until next summer. I really do want the district of improve but the teams and coaches have to start looking in the mirror.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT