ADVERTISEMENT

JF 27 Amherst 26 4thq

Amh lost in OT 41-40
JF played very well in second half. Amh placekicker missed extra point
A lot of penalties by Amh but no turnovers all game.
The false starts were ridiculous. That needs to get fixed

Reactions: Lnacerhoo
Amh lost in OT 41-40
JF played very well in second half. Amh placekicker missed extra point
A lot of penalties by Amh but no turnovers all game.

He did miss that extra point but did make a beautiful 41 yard field goal earlier in the game. The false start penalty didn't help the extra point either, probably would have been between the uprights from the original mark.

JF did get shafted on a 2 point conversion attempt when the refs never signaled the conversion attempt and got caught up in a field scuffle. JF QB was clearly in the end zone...

Penalties cost Amherst that game. No doubt about it. They had at least 10 false starts and honestly they could have called 10 more.
Unbelievable and unnecessary. That needs to change. I've never in all my years of watching Amherst seen that many false starts and off sides. Undisciplined. That games was theirs to lose and they did. The extra point in OT cost them as well because of a false start

He did miss that extra point but did make a beautiful 41 yard field goal earlier in the game. The false start penalty didn't help the extra point either, probably would have been between the uprights from the original mark.

JF did get shafted on a 2 point conversion attempt when the refs never signaled the conversion attempt and got caught up in a field scuffle. JF QB was clearly in the end zone...
Not sure about that but Amherst earned most of their penalties and some were never called against JF either that were so obvious. JF deserved that win and Amherst didn't. Discipline needs to change for Amherst

Lots of penalties but one could also argue that the game should Have never even been in overtime. Even all the Amherst fans were saying it was obvious that jf QB was in the end zone on the 2 pt conversion

Lots of penalties but one could also argue that the game should Have never even been in overtime. Even all the Amherst fans were saying it was obvious that jf QB was in the end zone on the 2 pt conversion
All those penalties in lots of ways before the OT, like 18 to 4 penalties

For sure I agree, I’m just saying that was not the only factor. JF played very sound defensively in the second half as opposed to their less than stellar first half performance.

Also a big difference in the mental discipline of the teams.
Amherst usually is, but maybe you should watch film and listen to the field closely you might hear things that shouldn't have been allowed

Not sure about that but Amherst earned most of their penalties and some were never called against JF either that were so obvious. JF deserved that win and Amherst didn't. Discipline needs to change for Amherst
Wikki I was going to post some very negative things about Amherst last night but decided I need to cool off before posting..I've never seen that kind of football in all my life from a football team.If Amherst makes playoffs,someone needs to tell the coaches and players they need to stay home and the next team in the playoff race should get in.This football team needs to be taught a lesson.I cant believe this happen on youth night of all nights.

Reactions: MrSir#5
Wikki I was going to post some very negative things about Amherst last night but decided I need to cool off before posting..I've never seen that kind of football in all my life from a football team.If Amherst makes playoffs,someone needs to tell the coaches and players they need to stay home and the next team in the playoff race should get in.This football team needs to be taught a lesson.I cant believe this happen on youth night of all nights.
Like I said there was other issues going on from the JF team that was happening on the field also that caused some of the behavior. I agree the players needed discipline no doubt. Of all the years with Coach Phillips I've never seen him on the field as much to the refs and he had legitimate complaints. This game caused some of the behavior. Maybe someone should ask Coach Christmas

Like I said there was other issues going on from the JF team that was happening on the field also that caused some of the behavior. I agree the players needed discipline no doubt. Of all the years with Coach Phillips I've never seen him on the field as much to the refs and he had legitimate complaints. This game caused some of the behavior. Maybe someone should ask Coach Christmas

I thought Phiiips and Christmas was so close.I've played football in high school and 1 year of college and I don't have a problem with it(if its what I think you talking about).Maybe somewhat bush league but you have to be mentally tough.

I thought Phiiips and Christmas was so close.I've played football in high school and 1 year of college and I don't have a problem with it(if its what I think you talking about).Maybe somewhat bush league but you have to be mentally tough.
Yes you do but it went on all night and nothing was done. It became very frustrating to the team and coaches. In all the years of going to football games I've never seen that many false starts without something interfering. Like I said Amherst definitely needed discipline last night but it was rare for that. Hopefully they get that under control

Hahahahahah I cannot believe my ears this is hilarious. Of all teams JF really? Led by coach Christmas? You clearly haven’t got a CLUE.

Hahahahahah I cannot believe my ears this is hilarious. Of all teams JF really? Led by coach Christmas? You clearly haven’t got a CLUE.
NO one is perfect no matter what people think. I didn't just make this up and I actually do know what I am talking about

Last edited:
Hahaha so let’s hear it. Gimme your wise insider knowledge

... No player may call defensive signals that simulate the sound or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals ... "
This happened many times and it caused much confusion, several of the false starts. Several times our players were waving their hands so they could hear. It was brought to the refs attention. Several times it was clear that they couldn't tell what they were doing and that caused many false starts. Me and several fans said something didn't look right and then two people on the sideline told me today and it all makes sense. JF won and deserved it no doubt. They have a good team and they stopped Ross better than any other team. I am going to the Glass and JF game to check it out

I’ve been watching coach C’s games for over 20 years and never seen anything like that at all. Gotta be honest, that sounds like justifications from somebody butt hurt (not you - but whoever spread that word).

When your team jumps offsides a dozen times (and likely a dozen more that were not flagged) that causes a coach to become irritated... Probably the most undisciplined team I've seen in years.

I’ve been watching coach C’s games for over 20 years and never seen anything like that at all. Gotta be honest, that sounds like justifications from somebody butt hurt (not you - but whoever spread that word).
Well it happened and it came from several sources. They were on the field and heard it, people in the stands can't and didn't hear it. It makes sense to me because of so many false starts that I've never seen before. I don't like make excuses for a loss. I said JF was good and they are. I wanted and cheered for them against LCA and was happy that they did.

When your team jumps offsides a dozen times (and likely a dozen more that were not flagged) that causes a coach to become irritated... Probably the most undisciplined team I've seen in years.
Don't you think that if a team jumps offsides that much that something caused it out of the norm and yes that would cause frustration for both the players and the coaches. Several times the players stood facing our fans waving their hands for us to stop cheering because they were trying to hear. In my years of going to Amherst football games they have never don't that, usually the opposite is true. Something was going on. I agree also that discipline is a problem also

And the refs just chose to ignore the JF players and let it happen? I’ll leave it at that but it just doesn’t add up, good sir.

Don't you think that if a team jumps offsides that much that something caused it out of the norm and yes that would cause frustration for both the players and the coaches. Several times the players stood facing our fans waving their hands for us to stop cheering because they were trying to hear. In my years of going to Amherst football games they have never don't that, usually the opposite is true. Something was going on. I agree also that discipline is a problem also

I still don't understand, what were they doing to make Amherst jump offsides?

He’s inferring that they were simulating the snap and such, but refs don’t just let that happen. Not over and over again, not once the players/coaches have brought it to their attention as he claims they did

He’s inferring that they were simulating the snap and such, but refs don’t just let that happen. Not over and over again, not once the players/coaches have brought it to their attention as he claims they did

So she’s saying JF players, led by Coach Christmas, lifelong friends of the Amherst coach, was saying or doing something illegal to cause the Amherst line to jump offsides not once, not twice, but more than 10 times and no referee warned or penalized JF even once even after being told by the Amherst coaches?

And she’s also saying the Amherst players could not resist such snap temptation... Any coach from rec league on will tell O line players not to move until the ball moves no matter what.

Sorry, not buying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfcav1
Wikki, I of course have no idea what was going on, but I will agree that after several false starts, the coach should have implemented, "go on the snap". That is standard coaching for loud situations.

I have a hard time believing that JF was doing something to draw Amherst off that many times without the official's calling it once? But I also have a hard time believing that a solid team like Amherst would make that same mistake that many times. It just doesn't add up. Was it the same one or two players, or was it the whole line, or was there even a pattern?

Reactions: Lineheart

Wikki is a SHE, and seems quite knowledgeable as she has been on here for years, longer than most who post, I can attest to that. She also isn't one to whine when her team loses, so what she finally had enough and chose this game to start? She is a big fan and dedicated to her team.

Whether she is right or wrong, I dont know. But she certainly deserves the benefit of doubt, and entitled to her opinion

Wikki, I of course have no idea what was going on, but I will agree that after several false starts, the coach should have implemented, "go on the snap". That is standard coaching for loud situations.

I have a hard time believing that JF was doing something to draw Amherst off that many times without the official's calling it once? But I also have a hard time believing that a solid team like Amherst would make that same mistake that many times. It just doesn't add up. Was it the same one or two players, or was it the whole line, or was there even a pattern?
Dinwiddie I respect your opinion better than most on here. I'm not saying it was all JF but what I stated happened quite a few times. Amherst definitely wasn't as disciplined as they should have been no doubt. I know it was frustration because of it. Fans kept saying something doesn't seem right, it seemed like it was every other play. I didn't have a clue what was going on. I've never heard of such a thing until several people informed me of what happened. It was mentioned to the refs is all I'm saying. JF played one heck of a game and will win many more. Like I stated before people think Christmas is perfect but he isn't. Some refs think so as well. I'm not bitter because we lost but things that night was way off and it wasn't just Amherst being undisciplined

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Wikki is a SHE, and seems quite knowledgeable as she has been on here for years, longer than most who post, I can attest to that. She also isn't one to whine when her team loses, so what she finally had enough and chose this game to start? She is a big fan and dedicated to her team.

Whether she is right or wrong, I dont know. But she certainly deserves the benefit of doubt, and entitled to her opinion
Thenks Gunz I try to be positive even when we lose. I didn't make up what I posted on here and wouldn't unless I heard it from a good source. Amherst definitely needs disciplined but what I said happened that night was correct. 18 fslse starts or offsides to JF's 4? The players were very frustrated

Not sure if it were the same players are not. Just never seen that before in all my years of going to any game

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Something was darn sure going on. I would love to see that game on film.

Two of our games that come to mind when we discuss things like this are: a official called us for illegal formation or something like that three plays in a row early in one game. After an official time out and a conference it wasn't called again. All calls were by the same ref. He obviously was incorrectly applying some rule.

And against Prince George a few years ago we had 13 penalties against us, to zero for them...., in the first half. 10 of which were for holding. All called by the same official. What was his motive? I don't know. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that what he was calling was not holding. (BTW, we were leading 45-0 at half time). Unfortunately, I think they tried to even it out in the second half, because PG caught a few calls that really didn't need to be called. What was needed the most was to just get the game over with.

Did you see your boys moving for most of the calls? Or was it typically something that made you say, huh?

I have seen a couple of players that reacted so darn fast to the ball or just the count, that they looked to be moving before the play. But, I don't think I ever saw them get flagged. Evidently it's clearer to see by the line judge looking straight down the neutral zone.

PS, I'm looking forward to cooler weather, time for some taco soup!!! I hope my wife saved your recipe.

Reactions: wikki
Dinwiddie I respect your opinion better than most on here. I'm not saying it was all JF but what I stated happened quite a few times. Amherst definitely wasn't as disciplined as they should have been no doubt. I know it was frustration because of it. Fans kept saying something doesn't seem right, it seemed like it was every other play. I didn't have a clue what was going on. I've never heard of such a thing until several people informed me of what happened. It was mentioned to the refs is all I'm saying. JF played one heck of a game and will win many more. Like I stated before people think Christmas is perfect but he isn't. Some refs think so as well. I'm not bitter because we lost but things that night was way off and it wasn't just Amherst being undisciplined

So what EXACTLY were they saying? JF definitely shifts their D line and stunts LB's which is perfectly legal and they do give verbal signals, all perfectly legal. For the refs not to call it once on them even after the coaches told them about it, it's highly unlikely anything done was against the rules. The refs are right there, they can hear everything.

With that said, it was 100% Amherst being undisciplined. Even if JF was doing something to cause them to go, you would think after maybe the first time or two they would learn their lesson. I guarantee if you watch the tape you could find at least a dozen more times Amherst jumped with no flag, including the missed extra point attempt in OT.

Coach Christmas will do anything to win. He will use every advantage he can and take advantage of every weakness, but I've never seen him do anything close to illegal or unethical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT