ADVERTISEMENT

JF 27 Amherst 26 4thq

How long? Essentially since Abel left. Not saying it was ONLY you, but that has been coming out of Amherst for quite some time.
Abell's last year was 2007. He was 2002-2007.

As someone who has played against JF teams recently, I do not recall them ever imitating snap counts. There are teams who will call out Amherst's shifts and motions because the offense is rather complex at times, but not the snap counts. I was able to come down for the game after a quick walkthrough practice on Friday, and I kept telling my friends sitting around me in the stands that there was something off. Amherst was consistently moving the football albeit through okay execution and poor discipline. It seemed like on most of the false starts that the snap was behind the movement of everyone else. It was a decent crowd so maybe it was a series of miscommunications between Quarterback and Center. My bigger problem with Amherst was the poor kickoff coverage which led to JF starting deep in Amherst territory and also missed assignments on long touchdown runs where the JF backs would not even get touched. From a talent standpoint I would say Amherst was the stronger team, but from an execution and discipline standpoint JF was the better team on this night. I am not saying that nothing of the sort happened with regards to the snap imitation calls, but in my experience in the last 3 years playing Coach Christmas coached teams I did not experience this. Amherst needs to fix their discipline if they plan on sneaking into the playoffs. They need to take care of business against LCA and Liberty, but poor discipline against Glass and Heritage will not lead to wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT