‘21 Roosevelt Wheeler 20P 12R 3B,
‘21 Jason Nelson 18P 6R 3A,
‘23 Dennis Parker Jr. 16P 5R,
‘21 Dana Woodley 14P 4R

For TES:
‘20 Henry Coleman 28P 18R 5A 3S 2B, ‘
23 Steven Stinson 16P 3R

Last edited:
Nice win over Trinity Episcopal and Duke signee, Henry Coleman.

Nice win over Trinity Episcopal and Duke signee, Henry Coleman.
Henry is the real deal but had little help. One player is not gonna beat JM. Even when they got Rosey in foul trouble JM just substituted and upped the tempo; TES could not run with them.
I said earlier that TES was the final hurdle in the regular season. The last two Colonial District games should be gimmes.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwhs95fan
Henry is the real deal but had little help. One player is not gonna beat JM. Even when they got Rosey in foul problem JM just substituted and upped the tempo; TES could not run with them.
I said earlier that TES was the final hurdle in the regular season. The last two Colonial District games should be gimmes.
I agree. I don't see them being tested anymore the entire season, playoffs included. Trinity has a 6'8 guy going to Duke and a 6'10 guy going to Boise State and JM beat them. Nobody in 2A has that kind of talent.

It's a wrap in Div 2. John Marshall prob best public school in the state.

The best public school in the state is John marshall, then I would say best prep/private school is Paul VI

The best public school in the state is John marshall, then I would say best prep/private school is Paul VI
You think JM beating Norview or KF? Sheeesh. 757 basketball looks legit this year. I’ve seen all of the upper echelon Richmond teams play and haven’t come away impressed. JM is definitely the best team in the 804 by a mile.

You think JM beating Norview or KF? Sheeesh. 757 basketball looks legit this year. I’ve seen all of the upper echelon Richmond teams play and haven’t come away impressed. JM is definitely the best team in the 804 by a mile.
Well u have a point I haven’t seen those two play but u may have a good point there

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Not that I am a big follower of basketball, certainly not in other parts of the state, but from reading on here and then just looking on Max Preps (yes I know not the best place), JM has 2 losses, one the top team in CA, #2 National (Lebron and DWade kids) and #5 team in Georgia.

That doesn't make them the best team, but I wouldnt think there is a team in VA who has played multiple teams like that.

Not that I am a big follower of basketball, certainly not in other parts of the state, but from reading on here and then just looking on Max Preps (yes I know not the best place), JM has 2 losses, one the top team in CA, #2 National (Lebron and DWade kids) and #5 team in Georgia.

That doesn't make them the best team, but I wouldnt think there is a team in VA who has played multiple teams like that.
Basketball isn’t exactly like it was 6 years ago when kids weren’t trying to make the highlight tape to post on social media. Yeah these guys are good but they’re no Frank Mason Petersburg team or YaYa Anderson Fluvanna team or Andrew Rowsey Rockbridge team or the Stith brothers Brunswick team. High school Basketball just isn’t what it was, 6-7 years ago.

Basketball isn’t exactly like it was 6 years ago when kids weren’t trying to make the highlight tape to post on social media. Yeah these guys are good but they’re no Frank Mason Petersburg team or YaYa Anderson Fluvanna team or Andrew Rowsey Rockbridge team or the Stith brothers Brunswick team. High school Basketball just isn’t what it was, 6-7 years ago.

I don't understand how that equates to my post???

I don't understand how that equates to my post???
I’m saying that a lot of these teams are OVERRATED and they lack the mental toughness of the teams of the past. These teams aren’t impressive when I’ve seen the teams I’ve mentioned. Real blue collar talent. To break it down even more.. Sierra Canyon HYPE... John Marshall good, plays for the ohhs and ahhhs and highlights.

Reactions: st8chmpLB
I’m saying that a lot of these teams are OVERRATED and they lack the mental toughness of the teams of the past. These teams aren’t impressive when I’ve seen the teams I’ve mentioned. Real blue collar talent. To break it down even more.. Sierra Canyon HYPE... John Marshall good, plays for the ohhs and ahhhs and highlights.

I haven't seen any of them, just that what you can see with a schedule would seem impressive.

I'm old school in any sport, but that isn't what you see too often anymore.

And certainly not my thing, but just because you have this new generation with all the hype and oohs and ahhs doesn't mean they can't be the best team.

This is another one of those discussions like in football with X Team would beat Y Team when you will never get the answer.

lol okay boomer

I’m pretty definitely sure I’m younger than you lol

I'm 32. If you're younger than me, then you never saw all those old teams and their 'mental toughness' and whatever else you were saying. 6-7 years is not a generation ago, it's less than a decade. Social media was there seven years ago, Twitter, FB, etc... Highlight culture has been around since the late 90s with And 1. This is not something new, it's just now it's kids branding themselves and not AAU teams or shoe companies releasing mixtapes.

Reactions: rainman17
I'm 32. If you're younger than me, then you never saw all those old teams and their 'mental toughness' and whatever else you were saying. 6-7 years is not a generation ago, it's less than a decade. Social media was there seven years ago, Twitter, FB, etc... Highlight culture has been around since the late 90s with And 1. This is not something new, it's just now it's kids branding themselves and not AAU teams or shoe companies releasing mixtapes.
Bro I’m wayyyy younger than you...These teams CAN’T touch any of those teams I mentioned. If you think social media was around then then GOOGLE Frank Mason highlights when he was in high school, GOOGLE Doe Doe Finney Smith.. You’re not finding that online.

Bro I’m wayyyy younger than you...These teams CAN’T touch any of those teams I mentioned. If you think social media was around then then GOOGLE Frank Mason highlights when he was in high school, GOOGLE Doe Doe Finney Smith.. You’re not finding that online.
All of Frank's PBurg highlights are on YouTube, I think this year's JM team is better than Frank's senior yr team that lost to Cat at VCU. Frank had no depth or height JM would smash and those were my little homeboys from the burg

Norcom had the best teams for a majority of the late 2000s. With Doe Boy then Travis leading them. JM now couldn't see them. Nobody in the state since maybe the Henrico team that won with Demonte and Walt could maybe see the old norcom teams. But back to 2A with the length, depth and athleticism JM is in a league of there own THIS season

All of Frank's PBurg highlights are on YouTube, I think this year's JM team is better than Frank's senior yr team that lost to Cat at VCU. Frank had no depth or height JM would smash and those were my little homeboys from the burg
I already know you know your stuff bro.. But you giving this year’s JM team the advantage over Frank Mason, Marcus Hoosier and Edmond Maxwell???? Idk bro.. I saw Petersburg compete with a High Point Wesleyan team with Theo Pinson (UNC/Brooklyn Nets) and Montae Brandon (Florida State) who were top 10 players in their class. Lost to them by 4 without Edmond Maxwell. Petersburg had no business losing to Cat that night. Hampton was on fire, never seen a high school team shoot like that other than the 2007 Highland Springs team in the state championship.

Reactions: Johnny"football"
I gotta find those highlights. I haven’t seen any other than the Massanutten ones.

Norcom had the best teams for a majority of the late 2000s. With Doe Boy then Travis leading them. JM now couldn't see them. Nobody in the state since maybe the Henrico team that won with Demonte and Walt could maybe see the old norcom teams. But back to 2A with the length, depth and athleticism JM is in a league of there own THIS season
The 2011 Norcom team and the 2007 Highland Springs teams are in a league of their own. The 2010 Petersburg team has to be the best team in VHSL history to NOT win the state championship. Buck’s team was very good in 2015 along with Bird in 2017 and Varina in 2018 (though I thought they were actually deeper last year). JM will win this years 2A championship easily. None of their games will be close. I do think that Martinsville or Dan River could give them a little trouble. JM would pull away mid 3rd.

are you serious? 2007 and 2011? Twitter started in 2006, Facebook in 2003 IIRC. Both were major factors immediately and even before, MySpace was hugely popular. That isn't a different generation, both had social media. The current culture started in the late 90s as I said, with And 1 becoming a phenomenon.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/do...?videoid=2d938948-626d-4151-9c2d-4172001359ee

BOTH kids have HS highlights online. Just stop dude.

I already know you know your stuff bro.. But you giving this year’s JM team the advantage over Frank Mason, Marcus Hoosier and Edmond Maxwell???? Idk bro.. I saw Petersburg compete with a High Point Wesleyan team with Theo Pinson (UNC/Brooklyn Nets) and Montae Brandon (Florida State) who were top 10 players in their class. Lost to them by 4 without Edmond Maxwell. Petersburg had no business losing to Cat that night. Hampton was on fire, never seen a high school team shoot like that other than the 2007 Highland Springs team in the state championship.
I stand behind what I said:D

The 2011 Norcom team and the 2007 Highland Springs teams are in a league of their own. The 2010 Petersburg team has to be the best team in VHSL history to NOT win the state championship. Buck’s team was very good in 2015 along with Bird in 2017 and Varina in 2018 (though I thought they were actually deeper last year). JM will win this years 2A championship easily. None of their games will be close. I do think that Martinsville or Dan River could give them a little trouble. JM would pull away mid 3rd.
I agree, JM has the ability to take ANY teams best shot and still roll into the last 2 quarters. I mean, they were basically one bad 3 qtr away from hanging with Sierra Canyon to the finish.

are you serious? 2007 and 2011? Twitter started in 2006, Facebook in 2003 IIRC. Both were major factors immediately and even before, MySpace was hugely popular. That isn't a different generation, both had social media. The current culture started in the late 90s as I said, with And 1 becoming a phenomenon.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/do...?videoid=2d938948-626d-4151-9c2d-4172001359ee

BOTH kids have HS highlights online. Just stop dude.
Don’t call me dude, you don’t know me. That isn’t a video of Frank Mason playing for Petersburg and that video of Doe Doe isn’t even a video of him solely, it’s a video of a very very very deep Norcom team and James McAdoo. That’s nothing compared to what the kids have now. As good as Mac McClung was at Gate City, he was known because of his social media dunks and plays. Frank Mason was doing the same stuff, however, you didn’t see it on social media.. You read about it in the paper or heard it from word of mouth. I was in high school when Frank, Finney Smith, Big Cat Barber, McAdoo, Rowsey, etc where playing ball.. They didn’t have the platform on social media like these kids have it today.. Not even close. A couple of the NC guys did like PJ Hairston, Reggie Bullock, JT Terrell, Ian Miller.. But that was with Ball Is Life and they all were ACC guys. Teams like Highland Springs football, John Marshall and Varina basketball have Slam Magazine cover their games.. Every player have at least a minute and a half highlight of them dunking, making somebody fall or shooting a 3.. HELL, kids even post their warmup shots and dunks...Which takes me back to my initial point that a GREAT majority of kids now play for the highlight.

Reactions: hrsepasture1
The 757 is legit every year
that is why John Marshall is the only team from the 804 to play in the Tidewater Fall League and plays them every year while y'all are watching football.

The 757 is legit every year
that is why John Marshall is the only team from the 804 to play in the Tidewater Fall League and plays them every year while y'all are watching football.
Ben Moore Fall League is loaded, that's what prepares JM for those late season runs. I always try and catch at least a couple each year.

Don’t call me dude, you don’t know me. That isn’t a video of Frank Mason playing for Petersburg and that video of Doe Doe isn’t even a video of him solely, it’s a video of a very very very deep Norcom team and James McAdoo. That’s nothing compared to what the kids have now. As good as Mac McClung was at Gate City, he was known because of his social media dunks and plays. Frank Mason was doing the same stuff, however, you didn’t see it on social media.. You read about it in the paper or heard it from word of mouth. I was in high school when Frank, Finney Smith, Big Cat Barber, McAdoo, Rowsey, etc where playing ball.. They didn’t have the platform on social media like these kids have it today.. Not even close. A couple of the NC guys did like PJ Hairston, Reggie Bullock, JT Terrell, Ian Miller.. But that was with Ball Is Life and they all were ACC guys. Teams like Highland Springs football, John Marshall and Varina basketball have Slam Magazine cover their games.. Every player have at least a minute and a half highlight of them dunking, making somebody fall or shooting a 3.. HELL, kids even post their warmup shots and dunks...Which takes me back to my initial point that a GREAT majority of kids now play for the highlight.

You said they didn't have highlights online. You were wrong.
Dude, relax. No need to puff out your chest dude. Dude, the current AAU culture has been the same for years, you're simply seeing it more because of the social media explosion dude. Dude the kids are using their ability to promote themselves to try and get college scholarships, how can you hate that? 25 years ago, McClung is lucky to get an offer from ETSU but because he had the ability to get his name out there, big schools caught word.

You keep mentioning kids that played in the last 20 years, who grew up in the AAU system. It's the SAME THING. Whether you want to admit it or not doesn't make it less true dude. If there are kids playing for only themselves (which has been happening for 40 years), it's up to coaches to corral that. You are saying just because the outreach is bigger now that it's fundamentally changed basketball and it's just not true. It's been headed this way for decades. You think if Andrew Rousey or Frank Mason were playing today that they would not have the same amount of social media explosion as some of the kids now? You think if McClung played in 2005 instead of 2017, he changes his game? These are high school kids and they are gonna do what 17 year olds do, the only difference now is the amount of people seeing it because the world has shrunk. It doesn't mean the teams from 2007 were better or the teams now are better, it just has increased the outreach.

Dude.

My goodness I didn't mean to start all this. I just noticed the schedule and thought that was impressive.

No need to go the disrespectful route to try and make a point. If someone feels some type of way about how they are addressed (whether you agree or not), the answer isn't to address that person the same way multiple times just to get a reaction. You guys disagree, it happens every day, no need to try and ruffle feathers to keep it going

You said they didn't have highlights online. You were wrong.
Dude, relax. No need to puff out your chest dude. Dude, the current AAU culture has been the same for years, you're simply seeing it more because of the social media explosion dude. Dude the kids are using their ability to promote themselves to try and get college scholarships, how can you hate that? 25 years ago, McClung is lucky to get an offer from ETSU but because he had the ability to get his name out there, big schools caught word.

You keep mentioning kids that played in the last 20 years, who grew up in the AAU system. It's the SAME THING. Whether you want to admit it or not doesn't make it less true dude. If there are kids playing for only themselves (which has been happening for 40 years), it's up to coaches to corral that. You are saying just because the outreach is bigger now that it's fundamentally changed basketball and it's just not true. It's been headed this way for decades. You think if Andrew Rousey or Frank Mason were playing today that they would not have the same amount of social media explosion as some of the kids now? You think if McClung played in 2005 instead of 2017, he changes his game? These are high school kids and they are gonna do what 17 year olds do, the only difference now is the amount of people seeing it because the world has shrunk. It doesn't mean the teams from 2007 were better or the teams now are better, it just has increased the outreach.

Dude.
Son you like arguing over nothing. I know it’s not much to do out there in Marion or Wise or Bristol or wherever you’re from so I get it. If you think these SOFT kids these days could play back in the 2000s against some of the names I’ve named then you’re terribly mistaken.. You wouldn’t know anything about the 06 Booker T team or the 2007 Highland Springs team or the 08, 09, 10, and 12 Petersburg teams..1 because there’s not a lot of information about them online and 2 you don’t even have a clue because you’re 7 hours away from watching what I consider elite talent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT