ADVERTISEMENT

Joint practices with other teams

Nov 13, 2013
Does anyone know if there are any rules concerning having practices with other teams? Asking for a friend.

Does anyone know if there are any rules concerning having practices with other teams? Asking for a friend.

If there is any contact between the two teams it counts as a scrimmage. So two teams can practice alongside each other on the same field but as soon as it's a scrimmage, 7v7, best on best drill it should count towards one of the scrimmages.

If there is any contact between the two teams it counts as a scrimmage. So two teams can practice alongside each other on the same field but as soon as it's a scrimmage, 7v7, best on best drill it should count towards one of the scrimmages.

Okay. So how many scrimmages can you have? How many practices do you need to have before you can scrimmage??

Teams can have two scrimmages. Or one and a benefit game. I believe scrimmages can be 1.5 times the length of a game. This is how teams can have jamborees where they play 3 teams for roughly a half of football.

Number of practices, I'm unsure of the rule. Most teams are in the neighborhood of 9-12 practices before the first one. Couldn't be any earlier that after practice 6/7 if teams follow the rules for equipment leading up to full pads

Teams can have two scrimmages. Or one and a benefit game. I believe scrimmages can be 1.5 times the length of a game. This is how teams can have jamborees where they play 3 teams for roughly a half of football.

Number of practices, I'm unsure of the rule. Most teams are in the neighborhood of 9-12 practices before the first one. Couldn't be any earlier that after practice 6/7 if teams follow the rules for equipment leading up to full pads

Check out Section 68 in the VHSL Handbook for additional information on practice regulations.

Most have 20 practices before first contest. Reason why you need 2 weeks of 2 a days usually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT