ADVERTISEMENT

JRD: Congrats to Bluestone and Prince Edward

May 3, 2008
For finishing 1 and 2 in the James River District. They will play Monday night at PE for the district championship. Should be a great game as Bluestone fields a talented senior laden team, while Prince Edward is arguably the best coached team in the district. They have won 10 of the last 11. The first game between these two went OT, so it could be interesting.

Reactions: tje1000
I know that the championship site was predetermined, but I think that the district championship should take place at a neutral site. As it is now, the 2nd place team has a home court advantage for the championship game, which I do believe plays a part in regional seeding. This is a disservice to a Bluestone team that played hard, only lost one district game, and now has to play at a very tough environment.

I know that the championship site was predetermined, but I think that the district championship should take place at a neutral site. As it is now, the 2nd place team has a home court advantage for the championship game, which I do believe plays a part in regional seeding. This is a disservice to a Bluestone team that played hard, only lost one district game, and now has to play at a very tough environment.
I agree. It is not fair to the Barons. I wonder if this is due to capacity. Bluestone's gym doesn't hold as many but I agree that a neutral site closer to Chase City would be the right thing to do. I wonder if Park View's gym was available though it may not be any better. It's been a while since I have been there. It is in Mecklenburg County though. Maybe they could have worked out something with Randolph-Henry since it is between both schools.

Found out that was predetermined before the season started. PE evidently requested that they host.

Yes predetermined at beginning of season. Remember the girls played there too before the boys game. I can only assume that they keep using PE because it is centralized within the district and is one of the bigger gyms in the district. Cumberland would be the only other option that meets both of those criteria.

BTW: Girls Championship game. Nottoway defeated Amelia 56-31. Boys championship game. Bluestone led by 22. PE came back to cut it to 2 but got no closer and Bluestone won 55-51.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT