ADVERTISEMENT

King William 12U At Nationals In California

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
The King William 12U had a hard fought game today in the quarterfinals against a team from Arizona. In the end, Arizona won 25-19 in double overtime. Truly was a nailbiter as it was inches away from going to a 3rd overtime. The team will play again tomorrow at 6pm EST. These young men are definitely making everyone in King William and the surrounding areas very proud. Not bad when a bunch of country boys get to play in Los Angeles with an opportunity to win a national championship. After today, their overall record is 79-4 over a 6 year period.

Reactions: uvacavs1
King William wins today, 32-6 over a team from Seattle. Great all around effort. As of now, they are unsure if they will have a third and final game tomorrow. Either way, it's been a fine showing for these young men.

Reactions: uvacavs1 and G-DOG2
This is awesome. Congratulations to those kids and the community.

It does bring up a decent point though, and certainly not offense at KW, as I really enjoyed talking to the people and coaches after SD played them a few years ago.

But I don't think many could put this up for their little league program, and yet KW isnt dominating in HS, so there isnt a huge correlation to LL success to HS success. Yes there is some, and also different rules for different areas, but it doesn't seem to be THE precursor to championships in HS

The future is very bright for KW. Their jv team only allowed 7 points for the entire season and most of those key players will be on varsity next year as sophomores, to go along with all of the returnees from this years team. I will agree that youth success doesn't always correlate to high school success. I will say that the KW youth program plays against predominantly city schools from Richmond, Chesterfield etc. Most from this 12u team will be on jv next year so it will definitely be interesting to watch them as they continue on at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT