ADVERTISEMENT

King William and Nottoway

Oct 20, 2021
If I'm reading correctly, Region A somehow has King William and Nottoway playing in the second round and Poquoson, the 3rd highest power rated team in the region is made a 6 seed and will avoid Nottoway and/or King William until the Region Title game? What in the world went on down east in Region A for how they determined the playoff seeding? And if I'm reading it correctly, is it true that the 1 vs 8 winner plays the 2 vs 7 winner in round two? That's nuts. So much for King William and Nottoway's body of work in the regular season, IF.....they have that thing bracketed where those two would meet in week 2 instead of the region title game.

If I'm reading correctly, Region A somehow has King William and Nottoway playing in the second round and Poquoson, the 3rd highest power rated team in the region is made a 6 seed and will avoid Nottoway and/or King William until the Region Title game? What in the world went on down east in Region A for how they determined the playoff seeding? And if I'm reading it correctly, is it true that the 1 vs 8 winner plays the 2 vs 7 winner in round two? That's nuts. So much for King William and Nottoway's body of work in the regular season, IF.....they have that thing bracketed where those two would meet in week 2 instead of the region title game.
I thought 2D was whacky. Guess it’s contagious!

It's still 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the 2nd round. The vhsl just posted them according to seeding and didn't put it in bracket style. On the actual site, all regions are that way

Is Nottaway a serious contender for the state final? Been following Banks some but know nothing about that end of the state!

It's still 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the 2nd round. The vhsl just posted them according to seeding and didn't put it in bracket style. On the actual site, all regions are that way

Ok, but in Region D, the way they are posted by the VHSL is ACTUALLY the correct order. For example, Graham, a one seed, would play Union a 2 seed, if both win, even though there will likely be a 3rd seeded team (Ridgeview) remaining in round 2, Graham, the overall 1 seed and highest power ranking team in Region D does NOT get to play the lowest remaining seeded team in Region D in round two, they automatically play the winner of Union/Va High, so the way the VHSL listed it for Region D is actually the correct order.

Haven't seen Nottoway this fall. Did see them in the spring, when they were the #1 seed and Poquoson blew them out in the 1st round.
No, it wasn't a blowout. They lost something like 16-12. They are better than Poquoson this year. Different Nottoway team from what I understand. I've watched both on NFHS and I think Nottoway is 10 points better than Poquoson this year, but I could be wrong. I'm judging Poquoson, again, based usually against teams like York, Lafayette, etc, so it's tough to tell.

No, it wasn't a blowout. They lost something like 16-12. They are better than Poquoson this year. Different Nottoway team from what I understand. I've watched both on NFHS and I think Nottoway is 10 points better than Poquoson this year, but I could be wrong. I'm judging Poquoson, again, based usually against teams like York, Lafayette, etc, so it's tough to tell.
You're correct on the score. Maybe I was thinking about the regional championship game. I know Poquoson was pretty young in the spring. I think they'll beat Brunswick this week and play KW in round 2.

You're correct on the score. Maybe I was thinking about the regional championship game. I know Poquoson was pretty young in the spring. I think they'll beat Brunswick this week and play KW in round 2.
I think so as well. I certainly don't think they beat King William, but for me, it's the principle of the thing. Amelia, the 6th ranked highest power ranking team, and the eyeball test is obvious, Poquoson would whip them by 4 touchdowns, but Amelia becomes the 4 seed and gets to host DUE to it's very weak schedule, and Poquoson drops to a 6 seed, due to its very difficult schedule that is has no choice in avoiding, and has to travel. Just insanity man.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
A very weak Smithfield team beat Poquoson this year. I'm not sold on the Bull Islanders being a threat. However, they always seem to play big when the time comes. We'll see. Their coaching staff is one of the best in the Bay Rivers.

A very weak Smithfield team beat Poquoson this year. I'm not sold on the Bull Islanders being a threat. However, they always seem to play big when the time comes. We'll see. Their coaching staff is one of the best in the Bay Rivers.
I agree Poquoson is not looking like a threat but seedings should be equitable. This year that appears to elusive.

I agree Poquoson is not looking like a threat but seedings should be equitable. This year that appears to elusive.
Agree that the Islanders don't look like a threat this year, but that still doesn't justify them being the 3rd Highest VHSL rated team in the Region, and somehow being a 6 seed and forced to travel in game one.

One thing about Poquoson to watch for. They weren't deemed a threat last year and they went to Nottoway and won on Nottoway's home field. They can be a problem if they don't turn the ball over, which I understand has been a huge factor for them in their losses. They were up 2 touchdowns on York, then had 5 turnovers to end the game. Same with Warhill I think it was. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT